“total satisfaction” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 90 hotels in Edmonton
Joussard, Alberta
“total satisfaction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Once again, I am pleased to give this hotel a very positive review. Everything was perfect, as usual which is the reason we always stay here when in E-town. I just felt the need to state that the staff here is beyond compare and go to lengths that other hotle staff do not to satsify. Case in point: I inadvertently forgot my very expensive flat iron in plain sight on the bathroom counter (DUH!) so phoned the front desk upon my return home. Rene Trinidad was amazing. Not only did he hunt down my flat iron, but he actually put in in the mail, (express post, no less) at no cost to me! I received it the very next day. I don't know how many hotels would have gone to that kind of trouble for something that was not at all their fault. LOVE this place and will never stay anywhere else again.

Room Tip: We always get the top floor- don't think it is necessary but do not like having upstairs neighbo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
David K, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton West, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Good Day;

Thank you again for staying with us and also for taking the time to send such a nice note. It was great that you recognized Rene for his efforts, he has put together a great team here at the hotel and really built a culture around service.

I am glad that we were able to get your flat iron back to you as well!

Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel, it is truly a pleasure to have the opportunity to welcome you back and we hope to do it again soon!

243 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

This hotel more than met my expectations. It was immaculate, bed bud free, and had a scale In the work out room which is something you don't find very often, but is a real bonus for travelers trying to watch their weight! The only thing that could be improved is if they included breakfast. It was a tad bit pricey considering this was not included. But all I'll, I would stay there again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
David K, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton West, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Good Day;

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West and for taking the time to fill out a survey.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and you found our amenities to be useful (including the scale!) It was a pleasure having your family join us.

We hope to see you again the next time you visit Edmonton.

Kindest Regads,

Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Just returned from a 2 night stay here and the Trip Advisor rating was spot on! Very close to West Edmonton Mall, very nice, modern, clean and comfortable rooms. The front desk staff are exceptional and accomodating. I had some difficulty with the Stay and Shop gift cards and they helped resolve the issue without a problem. The restaurant, a bit to our surprise was excellent. Great service and food - so amazing that they convert this space and serve such a variety throughout the day. Our family - and our kids with their friends, loved it and would certainly recommend. The location is convenient - however, not so 'pretty' as it's on the outskirts, but this was not an issue for us. We've stayed at the Fantasyland Hotel right in the mall, and I would recommend this route for value any day.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Good Day;

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. I am very glad that our team was able to make your family's stay an excellent one! We are proud of our hotel and it makes our day when we get feedback like yours.

I have passed your comments on to everyone including the Front Desk and the team in Aqua Restaurant.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West.

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on the August long weekend. The hotel is very clean, quiet and modern. The front desk staff are friendly and helpful. The maid did a great job tidying up our room each day! The location was great for us. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
David K, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton West, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Good Day;

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West. We're all very happy that you enjoyed your stay and I've shared your comments with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West.

Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I visit Edmonton 5-6 times a year for business and have always stayed at the Holiday Inn Express down the street. The internet was so poor, this Gold member had to try somewhere else. The Courtyard was very comparable in price so I booked it.
What you have read from others about the parking is true. It is truly lacking in space. If you aren't parked in a spot by 7, you're pretty much out of luck.
Check in was very easy and fast. Front desk staff are courteous and quick. Rooms are very modern and stylish. The bed is comfortable as are the pillows. Water pressure during a shower is good and strong. The important thing for me...the internet was the big test. It worked great. It was truly high speed unlike the previous place I used to stay at. I don't know why other hotels can't understand how important it is not to limit hotel bandwidth. They sure don't mind charging the business traveler more for a room during the work week but can't provide high speed internet?
The hotel is a real treat. I didn't try the exercise room this trip but will next time. Looked spacious with very modern equipment. Pool and hot tub looked a little small but adequate.
The fire pit out back with the comfortable chairs is very cool and I look forward to hanging out there next trip as it cools off in the evenings.
They have a 24 hour convenience market next to the front desk which is very nice.
I did not try the restaurant this time other than getting coffee.

A special thanks to Azat who went above and beyond in retrieving my very expensive leather motorcycle race suit that I had left behind in my rush to get on the road, and got it shipped back to me. You have no idea how much your effort makes a difference to a customer.

Overall, I felt that I was appreciated for being there. My business was valued and for that along with the great service, I will now be staying at this hotel from now on. Keep up the great job!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Good Day;

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

Because we are a new hotel we are lucky to have a very fast wireless connection that is available at no charge to hotel guests. I'm glad that we were able to meet your expectation in this regard.

As well, Azat was pleased to see you mention him so thank you for recognizing his efforts.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Fort McMurray, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

This was the second time I've stayed at this hotel. I really like this place. It is close to all amenities with the West Ed Mall a short drive away. It has friendly staff, wonderful rooms with very comfortable beds, big bathrooms, free wi-fi, pool. exercise area, and now a gas fire pit in back. And not expensive at all! Definitely going to come back here on my next trip to Edmonton and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying the north west area of Edmonton.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
David K, Owner at Courtyard Edmonton West, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Good Day;

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and especially that you were able to use the firepit in the courtyard.

We are always glad to welcome you back and hope we get the chance to again soon!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

lovely hotel, but customer service is terrible. we had called in advance about two jackets that had been left in the hotel room. I spoke to nice man about the situation, and he claimed that he found the two decently pricey jackets. so when i finally got back to the hotel considering i am from out of province they had no idea what i was talking about. the clerk (who did not seem to know what he was doing) turned everything into a small game, assuming i did not own the coats. he continued to tell me that the "lost and found" service did not exist (though i called a few days ago) and brushed me off like he had better things to do at 6:30am as im on my way back home 11 hrs away. also the clerk claimed that our names were not in the system... it completely frustrated me and if my boyfriend had been there the situation would have been a little different as i kept my angry thoughts in my head and under my breath. now that we are out about $375 in jackets i dont know if a return visit is EVER in order.

• Stayed June 2012
David K, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton West, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Good Day;

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience experienced from the loss of your jackets. I have double checked our lost and found records and we show nothing found that is similar to your two jackets that has not been returned.

As you can see from some of the other comments posted, we take great care in logging found items and returning them to their owners. Please contact me directly, my information is below, and we can further discuss this issue.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West.

Courtyard by Marriott

Been to Courtyard Edmonton West? Share your experiences!