“A pleasant surprise, highly recommended!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 90 Hotels in Edmonton
Ottawa, Canada
“A pleasant surprise, highly recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

I stayed at the Courtyard Edmonton West from March 18 to 24, 2012 and couldn't have been more pleased with the hotel. As someone who travels constantly for work this was definitely one of the better places, and quite possibly one of the best rooms. The room design had a lot of thought and detail put into it, with plenty of lighting, storage, comfortable seating for guests and no fee or password to use the speedy internet connection. Bathrooms were spacious, and the shower had great water pressure. Beds were extremely comfortable, with crisp white linens...I slept better here than I normally do at home. Staff were very courteous and friendly, and the desk staff always addressed me by name each time I passed through the lobby. The restaurant/lounge in the lobby is a very pleasant area to have a meal (great food!) or drinks (great service!). It's a small enough and new enough hotel that evidence of the little touches that make a stay pleasant were everywhere. The hotel is also in an area with plenty of good restaurants, as well a large block mall for amenities (Safeway, Best Buy etc). If I pass through West Edmonton again I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Perry_Felsinger, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton West, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent wonderful experience with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West. I have shared your comments with our team members and recognized their efforts in providing you with an excellent experience.

We are delighted to hear that you intend on returning back to our fine hotel and & we look forward to welcoming you back in providing you with an excellent experience.

Perry Felsinger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

We stayed here for a leisure weekend trip to Edmonton and we made the right choice. This hotel is just over a year old and everything was spanking new and well-maintained.

Special thanks to front desk person, Charles for helping with the early check-in, as we arrived slightly early and I wanted to settle my kids in comfortably. I think he made us feel like we're in the Four Seasons!

Room with king-size bed is spacious and neat - modern design and functional. Very good soundproofing, I can't hear any 'noisy kids' or people talking in hallways, I can't hear people slamming doors... none of that at all ! Fabulous! Bed is very comfy... reminds me of the "heavenly bed" from the higher-end westins. As for the TV, it has all the HD channels...!! yay!

We chose the option that came with breakfast, very nice indeed.... Made-to-order from the breakfast menu and served with Starbucks coffee. The little cafe even had Wedgwood flatware - amazing! It's all the little details that I notice and love about this hotel.

The lobby is modern and welcoming, with a touch-screen info TV. Very helpful to get a printout of nearby restaurants and places of interests.

Parking is free and the hotel is located in a very convenient location... plenty of shopping, restaurants, few minutes from West Edmonton Mall.

I will stay here again and looking forward for my next Edmonton trip!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest:

Our associates were delighted to hear the positive impact they had made in making your stay a memorable one. The team at the Courtyard Edmonton West take great pride of their work and focus on the details by anticipating our guests’ needs. Thank you for noticing and recognizing their spirit to serve efforts.

We are delighted to hear that you intend on returning back to our fine hotel and we look forward to your visit.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

This hotel is very nice, the rooms are great and overall very clean, but I do have one major complaint; there are kids running around the hotel everywhere. While I know this is near the mall, I wish hotel management would push to have kids in the lobby and pool area only with parents. While I was in the gym kids came in sopping wet from the pool and hopped on the treadmills. I then came out to see them playing on the computers. All without parents and the front desk didn't seem concerned.

One other small complaint is there is no sanitizing solution/wipes in the gym. While the equipment is new and clean now, if no one wipes them down they will get grimy fast.

Again, overall a nice place, but with a few changes it would be top notch.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Perry_Felsinger, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton West, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time in providing your valuable feedback regarding your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West. Although it is never pleasant to hear of any issues on the part of our guests, this feedback does allow us to discover shortcomings and make improvements.

I apologize for our failure to provide the level of comfort and surrounding you expect and deserve. We have a strict hotel policy on noise disturbance, use of pool, gym and we rely on the parents of the kids to take ownership to enforce the rules that are communicated at check-in. The hotel takes extra steps to ensure that every guest have an overall excellent experience and we rely on the parents partnership to assist us in our efforts in guiding their kids to respect and not inconvenience the rest of our guests. We will certainly re-evaluate our process to ensure that in your next visit, you will notice a remarkable improvement in this area.

Thank you for commenting on the sanitizing wipes and although it is available in our Gym, it could have being easily missed by anyone due to the lost signage, and it’s now being replaced.

I also appreciate you taking the time to recognize our great product & hotel. Your comments certainly made my team proud of their continue efforts on achieving excellence.

We at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West pride ourselves in guest satisfaction and we care about each every patron. Thank you once again for taking the time to pass on your comments, I look forward to welcoming you back to my hotel..

Fredericton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

For this level of hotel it would be hard to beat the Courtyard at Edmonton West.

My visit was for 2 nights mid-week on business with a counterpart in separate rooms.

The welcome was excellent, with a very efficient check-in and also a swift introduction to the hotels layout and facilities.

Both our rooms were clean, spacious and had lots of light - they would each easily have dealt with a family of 4 for a brief stay. My bed was very comfortable.

The gym facilities were good with a sunlit spacious room and a reasonable choice of cv machines and a small free weight/exercise area. The pool was excellent, and had a good tiled hot tub.

The dining area was great and the evening meals that we ate there were genuinely excellent. The service was excellent and the choice of meals was just what we needed - not burger and fries, but good imaginative well prepared and tasty food. The full Starbucks service and a good choice of wines and beers made the dining experience all the more enjoyable. If I had a criticism, it is that in the evening they could tone down the lighting. The dining area serves for all meals and as part of the general meeting area, so it is a difficult balance to strike, but I'm sure something could be done.

A great stay, and I will certainly be returning. My travel companion normally stays where the business travel agent sends him, and he was gobsmacked by how good this hotel was. I think his eyes were opened to selecting better hotels by this Courtyard, which is definitely at the top of the game in this segment and area.

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West. We truly appreciate your wonderful feedback and our associates were standing proud when I read your comments to them at our daily meeting.

Our Courtyard refreshing team takes great pride in their product, process and culture in providing an exceptional experience to all our guests. The team was delighted to hear that you were able to benefit from our well-appointed features in our hotel. The hotel is designed for the business traveler and our leisure guest in mind by providing many signature elements in the lobby, enhanced technology features, contemporary design and amenities that create a healthy balance between working and relaxing. We were extremely pleased that we were able to make your stay a relaxing experience with all of our hotel features.

We are delighted to hear that you and your travel companion intend on returning back to our fine hotel and our associates look forward to providing you and your guests with another excellent experience.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

I booked a two night stay at this hotel for a recent business trip. Although located away from the city centre, it is close to major roadways and many amenities making it convenient for the business and casual regional travellers alike.
The service at the front desk was top-notch, a note-worthy mention from my stay - very personable and friendly staff! The room was spacious and tastefully decorated; I appreciated the attention to detail with the decor. Probably the first hotel room I've stayed in with printed wallpaper, let alone one that was very eye-appealing.
All in all, a really great hotel where I was able to experience a quality stay at a very reasonable price. The efforts on the part of the staff and management really shine here and can be attested to by the positive reviews from other guests.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Perry_Felsinger, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton West, responded to this review, March 3, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. The Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West team was glad to hear that we provided you with an excellent experience that you expect and deserve.

I am delighted to read that your arrival and front desk experience was an excellent one. The team takes great pride in connecting with our guests and having fun in creating memorable experiences. Since our hotel opening on January 9th 2011, the team has worked hard to create a service culture that is consistent in meeting our guest needs. Thank you for recognizing their passion for excellence.

I would also like to thank you for commenting on the service of our staff. I am blessed to have a fantastic team at the Courtyard and their spirit to serve goes above and beyond the call of duty.

We truly appreciate your wonderful comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I have stayed at this property several times now, and it remains one of the best I have stayed at, anywhere! The service and quality have always been very consistant and I will stay there again. Excellent choice for this area of Edmonton, close to West Edmonton Mall, other shopping/attractions and restaurants. Quiet and very comfortable in all aspects. I tend to not use on-site restaurants very much, so will not comment on that specific area, however it is very nice to be able to grab a Starbucks coffee right there and go!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for being our loyal guest and taking the time to share your recent wonderful experience with us. I have shared your comments with our team members and recognized the team’s efforts in their consistency of the product, process and service culture at the hotel.

Our associates were delighted to hear the positive impact they had made in making your stay another excellent experience. The Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West team take great pride of their work, guest satisfaction, process and the product, in providing an excellent experience to all our guests. Your comments certainly added a smile & a proud moment for their continue efforts in achieving excellence. I thank you for recognizing their spirit to serve.

We are delighted to hear that you intend on returning back to our fine hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed here a few weekends ago. We decided to stay here because of the wonderful reviews we read on, TripAdvisor. Boy, were the reviews ever right.

First of all, the decor of the hotel is fabulous. Open concept connecting the lobby, lounge and restaurant. The hotel staff were amazing, especially, Tyler. Upon entering the hotel, we were greeted by two gentleman who were extremely pleasant. Tyler then gave us a mini-tour of the 1st floor, which was super nice of him. He explained all the amenities the Courtyard had to offer.

After retrieving our luggage and making our way up to our room, the telephone rang and it was, Tyler. He wanted to make sure everything was up to our standards. We thought that was very considerate of him and appreciated it very much.

The location was perfect, for us. We had a car and were in town to do some shopping. WEM was about 5 minutes away and Ikea was roughly the same in the other direction.

All in all, our stay was fabulous and we have zero complaints whatsoever. We would definitely return to this hotel and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West.

I’m delighted to hear that our associates were totally engaged in providing you with an excellent experience. Tyson and the entire team at the hotel take great pride in their hotel/work and creating intelligent and emotional connections with all our guests. The team works very hard to generate these results and I will be sharing your comments with all of them

I’m glad to hear that you intend on returning and we look forward in providing you with another excellent experience that you deserve and expect from my hotel.

Perry Felsinger

Been to Courtyard Edmonton West? Share your experiences!