“Excellent - As Always” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Union Bank Inn

Save Saved
You added Union Bank Inn to your Saves list
Union Bank Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10053 Jasper Ave, Edmonton, Alberta T5J-1S5, Canada (Downtown)   |
Ranked #19 of 90 hotels in Edmonton
Grande Prairie, Canada
“Excellent - As Always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Staying here again while attending a concert in Edmonton. This is the only hotel we stay in while in Edmonton. Its a boutique hotel that is located in a historical building that has outstanding service and very comfortable rooms. They cost a bit more but we feel it is worth it and the included breakfast in Madison's Grill is amazing (no skimpy breakfast - a la carte with great selections).

Room Tip: You can choose from one of the heritage rooms (very romantic) or a contemporary room which is more b...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

194 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

The Union Bank Inn has a fabulous location, although the rooms do not generally have notable views. Very helpful desk and cleaning staff. Good restaurant, but service can be eccentric. Rooms are well appointed and plenty big enough.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed here last summer with my husband. Actually used a Groupon to do so, for the second time in prob 18 mos or so. We live here in the city. We had such a great time the first stay we thought "Heck yes!" for a second stay.

Beds = comfortable. Yes really! Lovely plush comforters. Linens are higher-end as well. There's a fireplace in the rooms. We've stayed in the heritage wing ("classic decor") and in the executive ("modern decor") and both are equally well-equipped.

UNFORTUNATELY I would not recommend Madison's for anything but an included breakfast as the prices sadly don't justify the meals in both portion and taste. There are ten trillion other restaurants within walking distance of Union Bank that are much better!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lloydminster, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I expected much more from this hotel based on the pictures on the website. It is very basic stuff. I liked the location and I enjoyed the gas fireplace. The front end staff very nice and the wine and cheese/grapes that were waiting for us when we checked in was a really nice surprise... But the room was very plain, the bedding and bed very used (needs to be updated badly), the description says "down bedding" but it is so thin it couldn't really be considered "down bedding" I think most of the warmth came from the duvet cover. The bed also was old and needed to be replaced. Also for the price I expect the towels to be a little more luxurious, the bath towel was very small and rough.... I don't think I will spend the money to stay here again.

Room Tip: I would ask about the bedding/beds...... the pictures on the website must be their best rooms as our...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lethbridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed Jan 30 and 31st. The front desk staff was super friendly!
Myself and a collegue stayed here and dined at the Madison Grill attached to the Hotel: breakfasts were included (fantastic- with great options). Top class! We were in a rush to leave our last morning and a waitress packed us a quick breakfast to go- how sweet.

The rooms were very comfortable. They left a snack for us everyday: wine, cheese, grapes and saltines in our room- what a great touch! Looking foward to coming back here for future trips. In the past I was always so hesitant to stay here, as I typically choose the Holiday Inn, Matrix, Westin, etc. But my trip was so memorable I would not hesitate to go back!

It is one of the one of those places you want to take special people for a memorable experience!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Although i didn't stay the night at the hotel, the staff were incredibly helpful while I was there getting ready for my friend's wedding. We discovered at the last minute that our shawls were a little bit on the larger side and we needed a quick fix. After trying a few things, we figured out that sewing was our only option.
The manager and the front desk staff member pulled out a sewing kit and took over the sewing duties (they were much better than us). It truly saved the day for us bridesmaids!

Thank you Union Bank staff members for your extra help on that day!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Morgantown, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

It started well. A friendly and cheerful receptionist at check-in even late at night. The staff worked hard to accommodate me since my luggage was lost for 3 days. The wine and cheese plate made the end of my work day so much more cheerful! Unfortunately, the whole experience was sullied, by check-out. I had an early morning flight which I had informed them of a few days prior. At 4am when I went down to check-out, the front desk clerk swiped my card a few times and started frantically pressing buttons and calling phone numbers. I asked what was going on, but he just shrugged and whispered in to the phone. 30 minutes later, I demanded that he return my card so I could leave without missing my flight. He said it was impossible. I almost left my card there just so I wouldn't be stuck in Edmonton for another day because of his incompetence, but eventually, I pried it out of his hands. I'm still not sure what the issue was. I think a broken credit card machine. I certainly understand these types of issues happen, but don't ruin my trip because your equipment doesn't work. They already had a pre-authorization. It was obvious I was there on business. I just wanted to make my flight - not skip out on a bill. Please learn to put customers first!

Room Tip: I chose a heritage room and was very happy with the unique character of the room and the fireplace!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
UBI-Management, Manager at Union Bank Inn, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Crazymugal,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your check in experience and the service you received prior to check out. I am however very disappointed to hear about your experience at check out and would like to extend our utmost apologies for this incident. This is truly not up to our standards and I would like to assure you we will find out what occurred here and make sure this does not happen again.

Thank you again for expressing your comments and we sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future to have you experience exceptional service for the entirety of your stay.

Yours in hospitality,
UBI Customer Service Team

Been to Union Bank Inn? Share your experiences!