“Feels like a bunker” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton

You added Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton to your Saves list
Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10010 178th Street, Edmonton, Alberta T5S 1T3, Canada (Place LaRue)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #43 of 90 Hotels in Edmonton
Medicine Hat, Canada
“Feels like a bunker”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This hotel is in need of a major update. It is trapped in the 70's. the corridors to get to the rooms are long, the one we walked down smelt like a public toilet and the ceiling is really low. If you over 6 4" you will be pushing it!
The elevator is really old and scruffy.
The room was clean and the bed comfy although not enough bedding.
Plus side, there is a bowl of green apples at reception which you can take from.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Strathmore, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

After booking another hotel and finding out my reservation was "lost" I ended up with The Royal as a last option. Edmonton had a very busy week with entrainment so most hotels were sold out and like the first hotel I booked ...over booked. So I gladly took the reservation. My first impression was a nice and clean looking hotel. Then I got to the front desk.. Not sure what the girls problem was but she was not very happy. She quickly checked us in and turned away. We had to go back to her to ask where the elevator was to get to our room. Then we were off to the LONG dark concrete hallways. I have never seen hotel walls like that before. It was very creepy for some reason. I don't know why but every time I walked through the hallways I thought of Jack Nicholson and repeated RED RUM over and over. Its very old and dated and really needs to have a fresh coat of paint to brighten up the hallways. The room was ok, I do have a tendency to look in the bathroom right away and of course I am going to find the odd hair but this time it seemed like the maid forgot to wash the floor. So I took the towels and laid them down to walk on them. Just a bit too much hair left behind for my liking. The room was actually pretty nice. I liked the beds but my son who is 6'3 had a bit of a problem with his feet hanging over. We had brunch the next day which was really good but the crepe table wasn't there which was very disappointing. I asked if there was a crepe table the night before and was told they had one just like the Calgary one but it was no where to be found. Otherwise the food was great. I would stay again and from what I see there are renovated rooms so I would probably ask if I was getting one. I should mention we were going to a concert and the front desk girl did give me directions as well as a map but it was a different girl from when we had checked in. She was very friendly and genuinely wanted to help.

• Stayed October 2012
Owen Sound, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Flew out to Edmonton to meet up with my son and his wife. He was in town from Cold Lake for the weekend. He tried to upgrade to a suite when he found out I waws coming but none were available. We had a room with two Queen beds. The bathroom was not very clean. The bottom of the toilet and floor around it was disgusting. The towels were very thin. The beds were not at all comfortable. I was to be there two nights with them. We did not sleep well. I called my husband back home in Ontario and he has points for other chains and he got me a room for myself across the road. That gave my son and his wife more room, and they each had their own bed the next night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

This is our fourth time staying here and this trip was ahuge disappointment. We arrived at five and our room was not ready. Check in is four. At five thirty we used a friends room(who's room I had booked when I booked mine, how did they get one and we did not?)ito get ready for our 6pm dinner reservations. When we left we were told that our room was ready and were given our keys. The manager did offer us dinner but as we already had plans we were told to stop by the deskwhen we returned that evening and were told he would make the situation right. As we were very late getting back in we inquired at check out what he was doing. The front girl was very rude and made me feel as if I was lying about the manager promising us something. She finally gave us a coupon for the breakfast that ended at 11. It was 1030 and we were checking out. She said we could use it all day, again of no use to us as we were leaving. Normally this is a great place to stay hence why we keep coming back but this trip really soured us to the hotel. Jimmy, the manager was very pleasant and friendly and did his best to rectify the situation but his front desk staff were very ignorant and rude, both in the evening and the morning.

The rooms are comfortable, location is great, front desk attitudes need some work

• Stayed March 2013
Darrell_Pearson, General Manager at Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear mom2lexi:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to correspond with us regarding your recent experience at the Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton. This type of feedback is essential if we are to maintain the standard of excellence that we have set for ourselves.

Your disappointment in the service you received was made clear in your comments to us, and I would like to offer my most sincere apologies. There is no excuse for the lack of service and attention to detail you experienced. I have spoken to both my Housekeeping and Front Office Teams and I can assure you that I will work more closely with them to ensure that your experience with us will not be repeated.

Again, I would like to thank you for sharing your concerns with me. In order to make amends, I would like to invite you back. Please email or call me to arrange your compliementry nights stay. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove that we can provide you with the quality of comfort and service that you deserve.

Yours truly
Darrell Pearson
dpearson@royalinn.com
780-930-6850
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is awful. The room are super cold and when you turn the heat on its cold air that comes out. The bed had only very tiny sheets. Employes would not supply any sort comforter. The service people services the room when being told not too. Front desk employes were rude. Was not pleased what so ever. I will not be coming back.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear CassieDo

Cassido, your disappointment in the service you received was made clear in your comments to us, and I would like to offer my most sincere apologies. There is no excuse for the lack of service and attention to detail you experienced. I have spoken with my both the Maintenance and Housekeeping Team, and I can assure you that I will be working more closely with them to ensure that your experience with us will not be repeated.

Again, I would like to thank you for sharing your concerns with us. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove that we can provide you with the quality of comfort and service that you deserve.

Darrell Pearson
Hinton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We have stayed here many times and is a great place to stay, has been many upgrades since our first stay.Beds are comfy, very clean and the food is great! Would love to see microwaves in the rooms but overall its very good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Very nice and up to date hotel. Lobby is excellent and rooms match its beauty. Made the girlfriend happy after her disappointment at the Kingsway Ramada. Great location, very close to West Ed. We were lucky that hotwire gave us this place to stay.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton? Share your experiences!