“Clean and Comfy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rosslyn Inn and Suites

and 1 more site!
You added Rosslyn Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Rosslyn Inn and Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13620 97th Street, Edmonton, Alberta T5E 4E2, Canada (Formerly Rosslyn Motor Inn)   |
Ranked #54 of 89 Hotels in Edmonton
Saskatchewan, Canada
“Clean and Comfy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I read the reviews and was scared but had someone who stayed there who said it was good. I was happy I listened to him because it was a quiet, clean and very comfortable. Bathroom was very clean (which is what I look at most). Tub was new and linens were white. Will stay again next time I am in Edmonton.

Room Tip: If you like thin pillows, bring your own. Large fluffy ones are on the beds.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cold Lake
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

We came to edmonton, due to a death of a friend. It was late and figured this was the closest and it accepted dogs. Used my debit card and they charged a deposit until the morning, once i was in the room couldn't understand why a deposit was required. The bed was very lumpy. My husband had a sore back. The room stank, not like smokers stank either as i am a smoker and can tell the difference. I was so in a hurray to leave in the morning as the stank was awful. I used to clean rooms in motels couldn't believe that the toilet wasn't that clean, around the bottom. I could of tolerated paying 60.00 for this awful room, but not 130.00. the quilt was a little ripped. the only plus was they gave me doggy treats for my dog.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
HotelGMRosslyn, General Manager at Rosslyn Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 9, 2011
The guest was likely in a Heritage Wing room which is the older part of the hotel. The guest may have chosen this portion of the hotel due to price point. We do accept pets in the new part of the hotel as well. Hotels are always renovating, Beds TV's etc., all of the TV's are currently being upgraded.
Manistee, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

Stayed five nights at the Rosslyn in a tower room and was a pleasant stay.

Positives:
Extremely quiet sleep
Comfortable pillow-top beds
Refrigerator in room
Turn-down service (very nice)
Friendly staff
Reasonable price
Liquor store, Restaurant, Convenient store right there on site
Across the street from a mall/shopping center
Free wifi
Clean room
Many extra amenities aside from standard (shoe horn, make-up remover, bottled waters and FibreOne bars (daily), mouthwash, flavored coffee creamers)

Negatives:
Elevator was down/broken for three of the five days there (we were on third floor)
Older television (some other rooms had large HD TVs)
Heater/AC fan didn't have a setting (it was pretty loud or off)

Notes:
Seeing we requested a barrier-free (handicap accessible) room, I was puzzled they still kept us on the third floor without elevator access. They did lower the bed with a shorter box spring so it wasn't so high - still very comfortable. Very polite desk and housekeeping staff. Barrier-free shower was equip with bench seat and proper hand rails. I love the fact that they allow pets for a small additional fee - many don't!

Summary:
Overall, it was a pleasant stay. I would have rated it five stars if it wasn't for the couple negatives listed above. If ever travelling to Edmonton again, I would gladly stay at the Rosslyn a second time!

Room Tip: If you are missing something you need in your room... just ask. They aim to please.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

I have stayed in very few hotels that were as quiet as this one. Over the 4 nights there, I did not hear any noise from outside, the halls or the rooms surrounding or over top of mine. The bed was amazing and had about a four inch pillow top that you just sank into. The room was very clean and the sheets and towels seemed to be new. The air conditioner also did a very good job of keeping the room cool (which not all hotel air conditioners will do well.) The snack basket was also a real treat. Cookies, granola bars, muffins, juice boxes, an apple etc made a perfect snack and was also much appreciated. Was only able to go for breakfast at the restaurant one morning but the food was very good and the portion was huge.

The only minor inconvenience was that they do not accept pre-paid Visa Cards which I always use for corporate travel.

Thanks for a great stay. Your location will be my #1 choice when I'm working in the north part of the city!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Alberta Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed here while he attended training at the Base. While he did that, I was able to get in a couple days of shopping.

From what I understand, the hotel is an older one in Edmonton, but they have upgraded it beautifully. To me, it felt like a modern hotel with a great bed, nice washroom, coffee pot, and wifi.

It is in a great location as well being close enough to kingsway mall, Londonderry mall, north gate mall, and all the stores to the west on 137 ave.

We had a beautiful room on the fourth floor. Try it ... Bet you will like it too.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

My wife and I travel with our small dog and this is a pet friendly hotel near our daughter’s house we can stay at. I made my reservation online and chose the “cars stay free” option as it was the same price as a regular room but included a $25.00 Esso gas card.
Since we have the dog we are required to stay on the second floor of the Heritage wing, it is the original wing of the Hotel not the newer tower. The 3 of us checked in received our gas card and a gift bag for the dog, a nice surprise, the rooms in the heritage wing are small and could use a face lift but clean none the less, I did notice the bathroom had has some sprucing up and a 27” flat screen TV had been added since our last visit a year ago. The room has a small fridge coffee maker with fresh creamers in the fridge, every night we received a basket with a couple of muffins, granola bars, cookies, fruit and bottled water on ice sheets turned down and a chocalate on the pillow, In the morning a complimentary local paper was hung on the door knob, complimentary wifi for those who travel with a lap top.Starbucks, Boston Pizza, liquor store and a drug store all in the parking lot and 2 large shopping malls right across the street, plenty of restaurants in the area and a large transit hub across the street if you don’t have a car. Onsite restaurant has a great breakfast and always seem busy, there is a lobby lounge and a tavern at the back with off track betting if you so wish.
We have specific needs with the dog and love the location due to the proximity to our Daughters place but all that being said a great hotel priced right and they truly go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable, give it a try and let us know what you think. We will be back!

Room Tip: Use the online reservation for special offers.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
HotelGMRosslyn, General Manager at Rosslyn Inn and Suites, responded to this review, April 29, 2011
Thank you for your comments we look forward to welcoming you back to the property.
Red Deer
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

Good hotel for the price although not a great neighbourhood (not the worst neighbourhood in Edmonton though). Central/North location was convenient. In-room amenites include the usual soap and shampoo and also mouthwash and lip balm and a shoe horn - all nice touches. One note: ask for a room not too close to elevators (hallway doors are loud opening and closing and could keep you awake).

Room Tip: see above
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for making the time to write a review, we hope that we will continue to welcome you back to our property.

Been to Rosslyn Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!