“Great Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Edmonton

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Edmonton to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Edmonton
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   16615 - 109th Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta T5P 4K8, Canada (Formerly Mayfield Inn and Suites Edmonton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
from $149 Breakfast,Wifi
Ranked #3 of 89 Hotels in Edmonton
Maracaibo, Venezuela
“Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Excellent choice I made this time in our travel to Edmonton, I chose this hotel because of the rate and the location at West Edmonton and also because reading the reviews I noticed that was recently reopened after renovations. The lobby is very modern, has a bar there, the staff is very friendly they receive you with hot chocolate chip cookies that are great!, it has plenty of parking lot spaces.
The room was very nice, modern decoration, Big Flat Screen TV, safe box laptop size, mini fridge and beds, pillows and duvet were great. The bathroom was very clean and with a good size. I definitely will stay back.

Room Tip: I always choose rooms far from the elevators and high floors
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Rajesh C, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Edmonton, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience with the recent stay at Double Tree by Hilton West Edmonton. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and made our property your choice of hotel for your future stays. We appreciate your positive comments, we constantly thrive to offer best service with all amenities which would suite different kinds of traveler’s, no matter your on business or family vacation or even a simple weekend getaway we have you covered. We are happy that you enjoyed the warm welcome with a chocolate chip walnut cookies.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

The only compliant I have about our stay is the room was very hot and was unable to adjust the temperature. The room was very clean and we were greeting very friendly when entering the dinner theatre on Saturday night. We did not use any other facilities of the hotel but had an enjoyable stay other then the room temperature. Good cookies

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience with the stay at Double Tree by Hilton West Edmonton. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and made our property your choice of hotel for your future stays. We appreciate your positive comments, we constantly thrive to offer best service with all amenities which would suite different kinds of traveler’s, no matter your on business or family vacation or even a simple weekend getaway we have you covered. I did notice that you had concerns with the thermostat and controling room temperature to your prefernce, we sincerely apologize regarding and we will use your valuable comments to better our service.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Nanaimo, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I stayed two nights at the double tree and did not have a very good experience. First I had prepayed and when reviewing my visa bill I noticed that they had charged me twice for the same room. They credited my visa when I pointed it out but it came with no apology. They gave us a cookie after checking in and we go to our room and settle in. The renovations where nicely done and the bed was comfortable. But the smell in the room from all the off-gassing of the new construction was quite strong and there was no exhaust fan to aid in evacuating the smell and the windows were non opening. So we went down to the restaurant on the main floor. A good atmosphere here. The servers were pleasant enough but the service was a bit slow. We ordered a pizza and my wife bit into a piece of plastic that was cooked into the toppings. The manager came over to apologize and sent out another pizza but I was surprised that he didn't take the pizza off the bill. I ran a restaurant for years and one of the cheapest ways to by good will is by just eating the food cost when a major mistake is made. Needless to say when you stay at a brand like Hilton you expect to be well taken care of and we weren't feeling it. We had a few more drinks and then off to bed. 500 am the fire alarm goes off. The entire hotel evacuates. We found out the next morning that a chef had burnt some bacon and set off the alarm. An accident easly forgivable. Not even a simple apology from the front desk when we checked out for the disturbance. When we got up we wanted to order room service but the phone in the room would connect to room service or the front desk. Later that morning our toilet stopped working. Of course we went down to the front desk and reported it and we're told that it would be fixed right away. We went out for about 6 hours. When we came back no one said anything to us and there were no messagees so we assumed the toilet was fixed. Nope. So I went down to the front desk. Told them it was still not working and they told me that they weren't able to fix it. Real nice. And you were going to tell me this when? Again not what you expect from a brand like Hilton. Again no apology but they do ask if I would like to move to another room. I reasoned that I would most likely have to avail myself of the facilities before I checked out the next morning so naturally I accepted. I get to the new room check the toilet. Hurray it works. But alas the TV does not. So I call down to the front desk, this phone works, and they send up a maintenance guy who determines the TV does not in fact work. He takes it away and returns with a replacement a short time later. Finally a fully functioning hotel room. When we check out the next morning The front desk don't ask if we enjoyed our stay or apologize for the incovinance we experienced during our stay. They did however email me my bill before I had even woke up that morning morning.

When you go to a brand like Hilton you expect a experience that leaves you saying wow And want to come back. Sadly I do not. I know all these incidents are unrelated but they were barley acknowledged. I don't blame the staff on the floor because for the most part they were polite. They didn't have any direction to achieve a great customer experience from the management and there weren't systems in place to deal with customers problems to ensure every customers experience was a great one.

Keep your cookies hilton, I would have prefered to felt appreciated as a customer instead of a dollar sign.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the down town core as the other side faces messy construction sights.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Rajesh C, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Edmonton, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
We greatly appreciate you for taking the time to share your feedback with your recent stay at the Double Tree by Hilton West Edmonton. We are delighted to hear the positive comments about the cleanliness of room and everything felt very new. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused and experienced during your stay, we at Hilton by Doubletree strive to provide the best experience for the guest and what you have experienced was not a Hilton standard promise. We have shared the comments with the appropriate department managers and your comments are greatly valued, and your suggestions will be used to perfection our standards and offer a much better experience.

We would really want you to come back and experience the best of Hilton Standard service and for that we would do anything to win a valuable guest like you back, we encourage you to give us an opportunity so we can serve you better and meet exceed your expectations.

Front Office Manager.
whitehorse
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Great stay. We stayed for several nights had a great stay, not a single complaint. The rooms are clean, great size, and love having a suite, as we have an infant that goes to bed before we do! We ordered room service one night, and the food was great. Again, no complaints there.
We stay in many hotels, in different cities both in Canada and the US, and this was one of the top 5. It was quiet, clean, renos look great, and the location is perfect for when we are in Edmonton.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

The hotel is located just minutes from Edmonton West Mall, offering more than 800 stores and entertainment opportunities including an amusement park, waterpark, a casino, bowling and much more. Take the children for an educational day out to the Telus World of science choice is your there are lots of attractions to enjoy.

Thanking you

Front Office manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Very pleasant updating that was done at this hotel. Rooms are very comfortable. The food was excellent. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a good location with close access to the Anthony Hendey.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Front Office Manager
saskatchewan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

very pleasant staff and accomodating, On arrival was greeted with warm chocolate chip cookie when registrating. Bed was comfy, room was clean, only thing I did not have was tub that I really wanted to soak in but the shower was roomy and huge.
Down side- they do not have a shuttle to the mall and the cost of the taxi was $11 one way.

Room Tip: if you wish for a tub request one
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience with recent stay at the Double Tree by Hilton West Edmonton. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and made us your choice of hotel. We strive to provide excellent customer service and make you feel home away from home. The warm choclate chip walnut cookie is the traditional Double tree way to welcome and greet a guest with a warm smile.

We will share your positive comments with the hotel staff and we look forward to welcome you in very near future.

Front Office Manager.
Barrhed, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

This hotel is new in Edmonton and was formerly the Mayfield Inn. When we arrived we were very impressed with the renovation of the lobby,it was bright and welcoming. We were also impress that the rooms were renovated and was a great improvement over the old rooms in the Mayfield Inn. The only disappointment was the slow service in the restaurant during breakfast. It seems to be under staff and the server was slow. I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning to stay in Edmonton.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Mkindrat, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Edmonton, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Jerry,
We are excited that you have returned to our property to experience the new DoubleTree by Hilton West Edmonton and value your comments regarding your stay. I would like to appologize for the slow service your received in our restaurant. We are actively working with all our departments to ensure that the level of service offered by the hotel goes above and beyond your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel on your next visit and again thank you for your feedback.

Kind regards,
Matthew Kindrat
Director of Rooms

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Edmonton? Share your experiences!