“An okay place to stay for work.” 2 of 5 stars

You added Delta Edmonton Centre Suite Hotel to your Saves list
Delta Edmonton Centre Suite Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10222-102 Street, Edmonton, Alberta T5J 4C5, Canada   |
Ranked #50 of 89 Hotels in Edmonton
“An okay place to stay for work.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were clean but very dark, the only windows were to the attached mall so we never saw daylight unless we left the hotel or conference centre. The service was terrible, long waits to check in/out and the staff couldn't recommend restaurants or didn't know what a needle and thread was. Thankfully the mall has all you will need. The attached restaurant was terrible we even tried it twice. There is a great restaurant called Lazia in the mall where the service and food was great.

• Stayed July 2013
MichaelDEC, Manager at Delta Edmonton Centre Suite Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
It is disappointing to review that a guest did not receive the service as a guest should expect while they stay here. I have shared this detailed feedback with the team to review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Niagara
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed at the Delta Suites for 5 nights in September. When I checked in the person at the front desk suggested that I take a room with a view in the bedroom, so I concurred. Only to find it meant that for my entire room including living area I only had one small window with a nasty view into the mall. When I called back to say I wasn't happy with this room and that I would prefer a room with a view that looked outwards, I was informed that none were available for the duration of my stay.
Unfortunately I came down with a cold while there and even though I requested that housekeeping leave tissues, I ended up going down to the mall as none were left once the initial box ran out. Lastly had to work very late into the evening, got back and called room service at 10:45 as it was supposed to be open until 11 PM. The phone just rang and rang and rang...when I called the front desk I was told that room service hadn't been busy that night so they closed early. When I asked what was available nearby, I was informed to try another hotel.
I also ate at the in house restaurant the first night, food was terrible. Don't waste your time

Room Tip: Edmonton is booming, prices are high and staff just don't care because they aren't hungry at...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
MichaelDEC, Manager at Delta Edmonton Centre Suite Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
It is always disappointing to hear that a guest did not enjoy their stay with us. This feedback will be reviewed internally.
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I had another good stay at the Delta Edmonton Centre Suite Hotel. This time I enjoyed a room that had a view outside (some rooms look into the attached shopping mall). I must say the gentleman at the front desk was VERY nice and very accommodating. This is a fine hotel for a short business stay. Also, the gym was really good!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Would never go back, I was charged with smoking .. my girlfriend is asthmatic. The phone call blamed me for using incenses, I am Buddhist and I meditate daily, the phone call blamed me for candles maybe if you cleaned the rooms I wouldn't have to cover up the rotten smell of the carpets with lavender candles. I asked JAMES for proof, he sent me pictures of a messy room, the pictures where so blurry I thought I was looking at screen caps of the blare witch project.

Nice bed .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Frustrating staff, Terrible hotel , useless people work here. I WOULD NEVER AGAIN STAY HERE .
It started off with a mess, I arrived 30 mins early and they refused to room me. I got into my room first thing I notice is how small it was compared to the last time I stayed here ( I ordered the exact same room but the size was cut in 3/4th and I was paying more, I was there right at check in ). I asked for some extra towels and that took what seems like they picked the cotton then made them.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
MichaelDEC, Manager at Delta Edmonton Centre Suite Hotel, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
It is also disappointing to hear that a guest did not enjoy their stay. We will review this feedback internally.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The best part was the bed, very comfortable.The furnishing was very sparse. The red throw pillow on the bed looked so filthy I was scared to touch it. The elevators are original 1970 and buttons and card passes was intermittent. The whole décor is very dated and needs a major facelift. First night checking in around 4:00pm and there was still dirty dishes on the hallway from breakfast. Every day I had to pass dirty dishes, you would think that housekeeping would be a bit quicker cleaning up

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
MichaelDEC, Manager at Delta Edmonton Centre Suite Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for your detailed feedback; we will review this internally.
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed at the Delta this past August while visiting a friend in Edmonton during the civic holiday long weekend. Booked this through hotels.com at about $100/ night.

Positives:
- Upon check in, they gave me a free upgrade to a suite, which was pretty sweet :)
- Excellent location; right downtown and is actually inside a shopping mall, which provides alot of convenience with getting around
- Free internet
- Great room service; their steak and eggs breakfast was awesome!
- Fridge in suite

Negatives:
- Wasn't the best area being right downtown; lots of sketchy druggies around! I would suggest not walking alone around this area at night
- The hotel is huge, and if your room isn't close to the elevators, it can be a pain walking soo much
- The rooms are outdated, especially the bathroom - in need of some serious upgrades

I would only recommend this hotel if you get an amazing deal or something like that, it was just average at best. If the hotel management does some renos/ upgrades, this Delta can become a great option at that point.

Room Tip: Request a room close to the elevators
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Delta Edmonton Centre Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!