“oversized suite is a joke” 2 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Cedar Park Inn

You added BEST WESTERN Cedar Park Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Cedar Park Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5116 Gateway Blvd, Edmonton, Alberta T6H 2H4, Canada (Calgary Trail North)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #62 of 89 Hotels in Edmonton
brooks,ab
“oversized suite is a joke”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010

booked a room on the net for 5 days. they list an oversized room and i thought that would be great. the room was no bigger than any other so i went to the front desk to complain and was told that it was their executive suite we were in. the girl said i could contact the manager the next day to discuss this further. we were in edmonton for a wedding and spent maybe 1 hour a day awake in the room. not much time to be chasing after staff. the rooms were clean and the hotel was easily accessible, but we watched 3 homeless guys get in a fight across the street in a little green area and were approached another night at 3 in the morning by a guy wanting money to buy crack. haha but at least he was honest. would not stay there again

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
selenam, Regional Director Sales and Marketing at BEST WESTERN Cedar Park Inn, responded to this review, April 30, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay.

I apologize for the guest room not meeting your expectations as you hoped.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please conatct myself at rdsm@bestwesternwestwood.com.

We would welcome the opportuity to ensure your next stay with us is to your satisfaction.

Take care,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
SK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

I travelled with friends and being excited to get home to the family, I did not do the room check before we left. Thankfully, all we left behind was my coat. I called, twice and it took 2 days for housekeeping to call me back. I explained the situation and they offered to send me my coat, I live in SK, so it would be sent via mail. I waited, waited, waited and continued to wait. I called back almost four weeks later and asked for the housekeeping manager. Of course, I had to leave a message, so I expressed my displeasure. I had been waiting for almost a month for my coat. Low and behold, it came two days later. THEY SENT IT C.O.D.! Thankful to have my coat back, I noticed that all the contents of my coat pockets were gone!! WHO DOES THAT? Needless to say, because of this and the hotel has no hot tub, we will NEVER stay at this facility again. Pay more, stay at a nicer hotel that won't steal your belongings!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Vancouver, BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

Fine and comfortable but the hallway (second floor) smells of smoke and the night person really didn't seem too interested in helping.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2009

The Cedar Park Inn is just that - comfortable and adequate. The decor is almost too 70s/80s, although the painted flowers on each blue door was probably a remainder from when it known by another name. It's just not a hotel that stands out nor one that gets a traveller excited.

The Seasons restaurant was actually very good. We had chicken burgers all around and it was very juicy chicken. The breakfast buffet was kind of meh for the price - the pancakes were cold and tough. Front desk service was OK as well. The room was clean at least, although there didn't seem to be an air conditioner in our room. It was horribly hot all night.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Traveller1_2_0_9_9
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

We just stayed at this hotel for a hockey tournament and left after the first night. They were infested with ants. The front staff was unconcerned and stated that they could come and clean our room again and when they came up we pointed out the ants covering the hallway carpet , and then they opened the door to the linen closet where the bedding was and you could see all the ants all over the floor and in all the bedding, it was disgusting!!! They looked like red ants, also. There were thousands!!! The front desk at this point was not answering her call. To harbour so many ants tells the cleanliness of this hotel!!!! I couldn't pack quick enough!!! Plus I was on the second floor!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2009

Just returned home after 3 nights at this hotel for a hockey tournament.
The first thing you notice about this hotel when you enter is the smell of old smoke and old food, and the 2 homeless guys, one in the parking lot and one in the lobby trying to bum money off of people wasn't great either.
So, our room was 418 - queen size bed and a separate kids room with bunkbeds. (Glass door!!! between the rooms so NO privacy!!!!) As soon as we entered the room you could hear a very loud humming sound. We looked all around to see where it was coming from, but it wasn't in the room. So we checked in the hallway. Next to our room was a little alcove and there was a pop machine and an ice maker up against the wall of our room. Hence the loud hum. We asked at the front desk if we could be moved but the hotel was full. So we had to suffer through 3 nights of this. It was like having your dryer running in your room constantly. On checkout, when we mentioned it again, the staff just said no one had ever complained before, which was very hard to belive. No apology or anything.

So if you stay at this place, just make sure it isn't in this room

• Stayed April 2009
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

During the first week of March i stopped over in Edmonton for 1 night before leaving the country for a 2 week vacation. My plan was to visit West Edmonton Mall for the day. Originally I was planning on renting a car but $100/day seemed a little expensive for one night. My flight out of the country the following day departed at 6am so I knew that i needed a hotel that offered free shuttle service. Best Western Cedar Park Inn offered shuttle service to West Edmonton Mall and to the Airport...I thought this hotel was too good to be true.

Having worked at a few hotels in BC (where i live) before...i assumed that hotels that offered airport shuttles....OFFERED AIRPORT SHUTTLES...who would have thought? On my online reservation request i asked for someone to email me a schedule of the airport and west edmonton mall shuttle times. This request was made about 2-3 weeks before arriving. I did not receive an email response....The day before leaving to Edmonton i call the hotel and try to arrange a shuttle pick up from the airport to the hotel. I am informed that the airport shuttle and west edmonton mall shuttle are one and the same...and that reservations are needed when using the shuttle...(no problem). Our flight arrives in Edmonton at 9:30am and they tell me that the shuttle won't be able to pick us up until 10:45am . I consider taking an airport shuttle but my boyfriend and I were trying to be as econo as possible...and an hour wasn't that long to wait. The guest services agent also informs me that the shuttle service does not run until 8am and that i will have to find another way to get to the airport the next day...i'm a little annoyed but i realize I should have called sooner to get all the details.

We arrive in Edmonton and My boyfriend and I patiently wait for the shuttle...11:00 passes and we decide to call...they tell us that the shuttle is there waiting for us...We go up and down the arrival isle outside and there is no shuttle in sight. We wait 30 minutes more and then call again...they tell us that the shuttle was there but then left because they didn't see us and that they would send the shuttle for us but it would be 30 minutes...I was getting a little angered. We wait the 30 minutes and the shuttle arrives. The shuttle driver tells us he had an airport drop off at 9:30 and waited 30 minutes for us...and asked why were weren't waiting outside. We would have been there waiting...however the Guest Services Agent told us that the shuttle was not available for a pick-up till 10:45am so we were getting a bite to eat. My boyfriend and i were peeved. We get to the hotel and find out that the next West Edmonton Mall Shuttle drop-off is at 2pm..we take a taxi instead. When we return to the hotel we ask about the airport shuttle...just in case...they somehow by miracle are able to take us the next morning. The front desk tell us its no problem...!!?!?? when i had called the previous day they said there was no chance?!!? how is this possible?

i really think that the shuttle driver and front desk staff need to work on communication. This was one of the worst hotel/shuttle experiences i have ever had.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Cedar Park Inn? Share your experiences!