“Decent hotel stop” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Cedar Park Inn

You added BEST WESTERN Cedar Park Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Cedar Park Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5116 Gateway Blvd, Edmonton, Alberta T6H 2H4, Canada (Calgary Trail North)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #62 of 89 Hotels in Edmonton
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Decent hotel stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stayed two nights at the Best Western Cedar Park Inn back in September with my girlfriend.

The hotel was a little out of the way but this suited us fine as we had a car. The room and hotel was clean and the price at the time was reasonable. Our room was cleaned both days at a prompt time and check in/check out was easy as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
J.P. S, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Cedar Park Inn, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. It was nice to read that you enjoyed the comforts of your room, the price you paid and the service provided by the staff. I will be sure to share your review with them. We look forward to your return. See you next time!

Warm Regards
Romano Penheiro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I can't believe that the Best Western would allow their name on this property. My family travels quite frequently and this is the first time I have ever felt the need to warn people about a hotel. I should have drove away as soon as I saw the front of this hotel with curtains that were torn, and tied up, and the parking lot was so covered in ice we could hardly get to the door safely. Very poorly maintained exterior. We were given our first room that happen to have all the hotel mechanical workings outside the window, and it sounded like a diesel truck in our room. We were then transferred to a second room that smelled so bad of cigarette smoke we didn't even stay long enough to get a new room assigned, we went down to the lobby. While we were in the lobby my 9 year old daughter and I were approached by a man asking for money to help him get a taxi. The last room we were given wasn't any better at all. It had a balcony with garbage on it, and mold around the door. Most of the light switches didn't work, and the fridge was broken and gross. Some of the other comments say it's renovated, I don't see renovated, I just saw old dirt being covered up. We actually checked out of the hotel immediately. There are many other hotels in the area that are in the same price range. Don't be fooled by the name Best Western on the sign, this is nothing like a Best Western.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Lashburn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

The accommodation is average. The wind noise makes it like sleeping in a barn. The beds are comfortable. The staff are courteous. The rooms are clean. For travelers that has business in Edmonton, the location is ideal. It is close to the Whitemud freeway. 20 minutes from the airport.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to provide your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your room because of the wind, during winter and summer, Edmonton encounters strong wind but very seldom guest complain about the wind noise. I am also glad to hear our staff look after you during your stay. Thank you for choosing to stay at Best Western Cedar Park Inn.

Romano Penheiro
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Very nice hotel, clean and nicely furnished. It seemed to have been recently tastefully upgraded. The staff were very friendly and efficient. My only issue was that it was extremely noisy from the traffic all night.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

J.P. S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Cedar Park Inn, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear kaanro,

Thank you for your recent review. I am very sorry that you had issues with the noise outside the building. We are a very easily accessible hotel in the middle of two very busy streets and it is quite likely that you would never get a totally sound proofed sleep. I am a light sleeper as well so I do understand, and just a trick I have learned over time; I always carry ear plugs with me as no sleep is like a sleep in your own bed or surroundings. It is very helpful to me.

Again thank you for your feedback and look forward to having you return!

Edmonton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I live in Edmonton, but my job entails sending staff out to various locations in Western Canada. I would always choose Best Western when possible to earn points. I have never had any problems with any other Best Western locations, but this one seems to be nothing but a comedy of errors. Misplaced check-ins, my staff would have to put down a deposit, can't get them to reprint an invoice either! I've personally stayed in several Best Western's and have had no problems. However I will not be using this location ever again. All of the people I have put in this hotel have complained about something. Reasonably priced, probably the best price in Edmonton, but not worth it. Find another place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Travis L,

Thank you for your recent review. I am very sorry that you had issues with booking your crew here at our hotel. I just want to point out something that a lot of companies do not understand about credit cards and hotels. Credit card companies do not let us just take credit card numbers over the phone, technically we require a credit card on checkin that is physcially swiped and although it may be a hassle for travellers, we do have laws and rules by which to follow. If you fill out a credit card authorization for room and taxes, the guest is still required to have a credit card for incidentals and unless you as the cardholder would like to take that responsibility, we need the guest checking in to do so. We do not accept cash/debit/prepaid visa's here at our hotel but do sometimes make exception for our regular returning guests and would have been happy to discuss that with you direct.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter but in the end it is all about protecting the card holders rights and privacy as well as credit.

Fort McMurray, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We really enjoy staying at the Cedar Park Inn while in Edmonton, this being our second time. The rooms are great, the beds are wonderful, and the halls are extensive, so we can walk around inside away from the -30°C temperatures outside.

The first time we stayed here, the temperature in the room (212) was too hot. We called this the Furnace Room. When we called the staff, they brought up a fan. This time we stayed in room 216, and the room was too cold. We called the staff and they brought up a heater...do you see a pattern here?? Our point is: the heating/cooling system is out-of-date and needs to be improved. We found the staff very accommodating each time.

Room Tip: If you arrange a good price with the hotel, the breakfast is not included.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Barry D,

Thank you for your recent review. I do want to assure you that we are currently working on solutions to this heating/ac issue and it's one that we have to tackle as things go wrong. Hopefully in the near future we will have all the rooms sorted out and these issues will be no more!

Thank you for your patience and understanding and we are happy to have a great customer like you.

Plamondon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

It is an hotel that it is not too expensive and you have for your money. The staff is so so and hard to understand but in general the hotel is nice to stay. The restaurant for the breakfast is also a place to have breakfast for the buffet if it is included in your price but sometime it is better to go somewhere else to have breakfast if it is not included.Nice , not far from downtown.I will recommend it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Dear Jogoyet,

Thank you for your positive review! Our staff read these every day and it's very nice to hear your kind words.

Happy travels and see you soon!

Mandy Clutesi

Been to BEST WESTERN Cedar Park Inn? Share your experiences!