“Convenient location but room wasn't very clean” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Cedar Park Inn

You added BEST WESTERN Cedar Park Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Cedar Park Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5116 Gateway Blvd, Edmonton, Alberta T6H 2H4, Canada (Calgary Trail North)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #66 of 90 Hotels in Edmonton
Red Deer, Canada
“Convenient location but room wasn't very clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for the first time early November 2012. I tried to book on through the Best Western website but kept getting an error message when I gave my credit card info. I called the hotel directly and was told they could reserve a room for me but I would have to give them a credit card to hold it - I was calling from a cell phone so i didn't want to give that info over the phone which is why I tried to book online in the first place. I ended up booking the room through a different travel website. They only had rooms with 2 queen beds available when I was finally able to get the room reserved - not my first preference. The room appeared clean when I first walked in but I found food on the floor between the beds and the night table. I also found garbage (about 10 shot glasses) under a chair by the tv. Made me start to second guess how well the room was actually cleaned. The room is not very sound proofed. I could clearly hear the tv and conversations in the rooms next to me but luckily, they quieted around 10 pm.

The location is good, very easy to get to and close Whitemud Drive and hwy 2. Lots of good restaurants within walking distance or a short drive away. Shopping mall a few minutes away.

Price was good - I think I paid around $110/night which was about 20 - 40 dollars cheaper than the surrounding hotels that I looked at.

I would probably stay here again but would be examine the room closer for cleanliness before unpacking. I like the location and the services close by.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

How about this: tea bags in the room, but no kettle—when I asked about this, I was told to put the teabag in the coffee maker and add water—just imagine the resulting beverage.

How about neither doors from the walkup stairs from the Front Desk can recognise a valid room key...

The price is average ($120 CAD per day).

On the plus side, the room is clean, and the linen is excellent, with decent pillows.

Wi-Fi is 'free'; but speeds are limited to 1.5Mb/sec—fine for email, but YouTube videos will be slowish. No good for uploading my own videos (0.12Mb/sec), so I will have to upload from elsewhere, I suspect.

Not a single corkscrew to be borrowed, and I was told there was not a kettle in the whole place. Well, Housekeeping did find one, after an hour. Good thing too; I have been snowed in today!

Friendly Front-of-House staff, but ultimately ineffective though infrastructure limitations.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the road side will be quieter, but mine (on the road) was just fine in this respect.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Grande Prairie, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I would love to say that this hotel is a great bang for your buck but I would be lying. The staff are friendly and helpful and the pricingis reasonable. This hotel is situated in a fairly convenient location and the restraunt was decent but there are some major downsides....
First off the room we were given was EXTREMLY cold. We had to sleep with a toque on to stay warm as now amount of blankets would suffice. Every effort we made to warm it up in there was no use. The thermosat was either broken or the hotel still had the air conditioning mode on which we could not turn off for the life of us. The room was very very drafty as well. Like a breeze was coming through the walls.

Secondly for our entire 3 night stay there was a horrible smell of Marijuana throughout the whole hotel. We first noticed it in the lobby and throughout the evening it found its way onto our floor (2nd). We notified the front desk numorous timees and were told there was nothing that could be dont because they didn't know which room exactly was smoking the pot. Now I'm all for freedom of whatever but I'm also pregnant and not interested in smelling or inhaling second hand smoke of any kind while I;m sleeping. The smell did creep under our door throught the barrier of socks we made and stunk up the whole room. The front desk did tell us they called the police but they still could not do anything again because they didn't know exactly which room was the culprit. There is a greyhound bus stop only 4-5 blocks up from here as well as many bars and clubs in the area.

Lastly, the housekeeping staff was constantly frogetting to put towels in our room so every time we needed to dry our hands or take a shower we had to call down and get towels delivered.

A very dissapointing stay for a hotel that is in the middle of doing some renos. This could be a nice hotel IF these things were addressed.
We will not be staying at a BW for a long time to come. Regardless of how good the rates are. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR PEOPLE!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel or ask for something with heat, near windows that open and make sure the ro...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Medicine Hat, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had to stay in Edmonton overnight, and the Cedar Park Inn was in a convenient location for my purpose, and had a good rate. I'd agree it is a bit dated, but it met the needs for my stay. The woman at the front desk was very helpful, both at check-in, and when I had a problem with my room key. Turns out the battery in the door lock had gone dead, so she had to move me to another room. She gave me a voucher for the breakfast buffet as compensation for the inconvenience, which I thought was good. The buffet itself was OK, nothing special. Only real complaint there was that I wasn't offered a refill on my coffee until I was just about ready to leave.
I'd likely stay there again under similar circumstances, but I likely wouldn't stay here with the family, or on a longer stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hinton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I appreciated the secure elevator. I don't think the pool is ever open! Room temp was hard to control, either too warm or too cold. This place needs an update! My biggest complaints were the restaurant and the bathroom tub. Seriously??? How high is this tub off the floor? I am a young able bodied person, and I had trouble getting out. The real disappointment was the on site restaurant. I tried it twice, in case it was the server/cook, but no luck. Service was slow, waited too long for the food, both times. I tried a dinner and a breakfast. I ordered my favourite, eggs benedict, and I can honestly say hands down it was the worst hollandaise sauce I ever had, if you can even call it that! The packet stuff you make at home is 500% better. The dinner was, "okay", spice wasn't good and the flavor changed from bite to bite, some okay, some not so much. Some menu items overpriced for what you get. If you stay here, do yourself a favor, go next door to Tony Romas for dinner! Maybe I should have tried the breakfast buffet? I also was not impressed as they were having problems printing off our papers. She left my credit card laying there right on the keyboard while she went into another room to see about it! Then when we were finally done, our paper was also left on the counter for all to see! WE WILL NOT stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Grande Prairie, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Made a last minute reservation at the property, and there was nothing out of the ordinary about this stay. Check in was at 3AM due to a late flight, and night staff seemed a bit irritated that they did not know whether I was a single guest or travelling with someone else. (Apparently they had to turn someone away). Room was average, and I checked out at 8AM to catch my connecting flight. Not my first choice of accommodations in Edmonton, and will definitely be looking for other venues next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Port Moody, BC, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

booked this online as an affordable 3 star hotel. I did not spend a lot of time in the room, but it was:

1. Quiet
2. Clean
3 Comfortable bed

What more could I ask for? I guess it was a 3 star because it was a bit dated - no flat screen, tub/shower was older, colours were a bit retro, but everything worked and the staff were efficient and courteous.

The area was in the middle of a lot of businesses and restaurants. I ate at Tony Roma's next door - it was fine, but there were pizza places, fast food, etc. as well. Across the street was a Superstore where I picked up some fruit.

Room Tip: They were in the middle of a renovation of the hotel. It did not affect my stay at all, but I guess...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to BEST WESTERN Cedar Park Inn? Share your experiences!