“Never eat at the restaurant!!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Westwood Inn

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Westwood Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Westwood Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18035 Stony Plain Road, Edmonton, Alberta T5S 1B2, Canada (Place LaRue)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #60 of 90 Hotels in Edmonton
kelowna
“Never eat at the restaurant!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The hotel was amazing...but the restaurant on site was horrific. There were fruit flies everywhere, the food was overcooked and cold. Brought up on a dumb-waiter from the downstairs kitchen as were the drinks...took forever to get a drink. SO sad! The hotel staff was great, but the restaurant staff was slow and didn't get our order right. Wasn't a hard one, since my husband and I ordered the same thing!!

Room Tip: DON'T eat at the Seasons Restaurant on site!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GMBWWI, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Westwood Inn, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
While I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us I would like to apologize for the delay and inconvenience you had to experience at the restaurant. I will follow up with the CHEF and his team regarding the concerns. Please reach out to me at fom@bestwesternwestwood.com with your details so that I can detail your next visit with us. We hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Edson
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The GOOD
The facility is nicely appointed; room clean and neat - hotel conventiently located to west-end
services.
The BAD
A staple with Best Western Hotels in North America has been the inclusion of breakfast. This one was the exception. Dining room on the premises .. but you pay extra.
The UGLY
This hotel appears to "slide" an extra fee into your bill. This is called an "Environment Fee" which, when I enquired, turns out to cover such things as "maid charges", etc., which rightfully
belongs as part of the general room charge. This practice incorrectly quotes an improperly low
room fee and makes up the difference at check-out time. Upon review of my bill (a week later), management agreed to reverse these charges and add bonus points if I did not file with Trip
Advisor. I waived their offer so that I could make others aware of this practice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
I'm happy to hear that last your visit with us went well. We do not offer a complimentary breakfast with our rooms as we are a full service hotel and not a express style. We do offer a breakfast package online if you would like to have breakfast come with your room. Our environment fee is not a secret fee its is published online on all of our channels as well as is mentioned and outlined on the registration card at check in.
Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Our experience was good. The room was clean and spacious, the staff friendly. It was overpriced (which all hotels in Canada are) and offered little in the way of amenities except for free Wi-Fi. Many hotels of this standard include a breakfast - this one doesn't. Better value can be found in other parts of the city but the proximity to West Edmonton Mall means they can charge more for less. It is conveniently located to the mall and just off the main ring road in the city so getting to it and leaving are easy.

One thing to watch out for is if you don't book directly with them by phone or through the Best Western site you can't collect loyalty points. Nor can you if you aren't paying an almost full rate. This is true for many hotel programs. When exceptions are the rule of these programs aren't really loyalty programs at all. Will be tearing up my BW card and staying at another chain and consolidating to another program because of this.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We do honor Best Western Reward Points on any qualified rate which can be booked online at www.bestwestern.com or directly through the hotel front desk or central reservations. All other brands follow the same rules and regulations.We do also along with the WI-FI provide 24 hour access to the fitness center and business center as well as have a pool, restaurant and lounge on site.
Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a long weekend because of a wedding we were attending. the room was a good size, clean and well furnished. there was air conditioning but the window also opened which was nice. rooms are pretty sound proof and we faced away from the road in the tower. wedding guests had a good rate. we would have been entirely satisfied except for some little annoyances: the key card did not work more than once after each reset. the toilet ran a bit. all the wedding events were very well done and food was great at the wedding so I do not regret it but the key card glitch was frustrating.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GMBWWI, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Westwood Inn, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I am sorry you experienced some challenges with the key cards during your stay. I will share your comments with my team.
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this Hotel. The staff where very friendly and answered all my questions. I was here on business and required assistance with directions to a specific location with in the city. The staff member on duty offered to look up and print me the accurate directions to my destination. The room was very nice and spacious. I felt quite relaxed and at home. I would recommend this location for any business travelers and tourist/

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. In addition, thank you for taking the time to share the feedback of your most recent stay.It was very pleasing to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in working hard to ensure your guests enjoy their stays and it is always very rewarding to hear the positive comments. I will ensure your comments are shared with my team. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Grande Prairie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Stayed here with my son while back to school shopping at West Edmonton Mall. The location, service, and quality is great at this hotel. The pool is nice for kids, no waterslide, but kids still always love swimming. The rooms were quiet, which is always nice when traveling.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

GMBWWI, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Westwood Inn, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
It's great that you and your family enjoyed yourselves while staying with us. Our location is quite convenient being so close to West Edmonton Mall. It makes any trip an easy one! Thank you for your review we look forward to your next stay with us.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Beware!
Drove in from BC with my family for a weekend stay. Checked out Monday morning. A month later when my credit card statement arrived, I had been charged for an extra 3 nights and huge room service charges, $1200 all totaled. I called the hotel and they said, "on our records you checked out and then checked back in for 3 more nights"!

I had to call Mastercard and cancel my credit card! Phone Edmonton police they were of no help saying I had to drive the 7 hours back to Edmonton to file a complaint.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
Could you please contact our accounting department - accounting@bestwesternwestwood.com.
We have had no report of this claim at the hotel till date.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Westwood Inn? Share your experiences!