“Avoid choice in west Edmonton” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Westwood Inn

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Westwood Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Westwood Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18035 Stony Plain Road, Edmonton, Alberta T5S 1B2, Canada (Place LaRue)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #61 of 89 Hotels in Edmonton
Kitscoty
“Avoid choice in west Edmonton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Westwood inn is a good choice close to West Edmonton Mall and also give good access to most major attraction in The city as well as highways. The hotel is a bit aged but everything is clean and in good repair. The room we stayed in was large and the beds were comfortable. The only thing missing was a microwave.

• Stayed October 2012
GMBWWI, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Westwood Inn, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

We do provide microwaves if there is request as we do not have in all the guest rooms

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 780-483-7770 Ext 289

Naren Kumar
Manager
BEST WESTERN PLUS Westwood Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Red Deer, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our checkin was atrocious..took us forever to get checked in despite us having done all the work already over the computer and paid with our credit card already..the guy took FOREVER in checking us in. We went up to our rooms(prepaid and there was no cancellation for rooms over internet..will never do this again!!) and found the rooms to be outdated, and unsatisfactory as far as cleanliness goes. The carpets were stained and the bathroom was dirty. I wouldnt get in the jet tub..it was discusting all around the jets. Bathtub has been chipped and poorly painted over. The toilet would flush and keep running and running until we had to go in and fix it. The heating system wasnt working in the room despite us having cranked it right up to the top..on checking out on the third day it was still cold in our room. We needed the use of the fridge and it kept clicking off and on all night..waking us up every time. There was people fighting in the hallway..talking loudly and slamming doors constantly..both nights.. the tv's are old..outdated and didnt support "caption" which was important to our friends that stayed there as well..as our friend is deaf. The mattress was extremely hard and wrecked both of our backs and made our hips very sore. The pillows were lumpy and when you layed your head on them..your head sunk in and the sides stayed puffy..so without your hand under your head..you smothered in the pillow. In the morning went down for breakfast..was the first one in the restaurant..it was buffet breakfast at 11.95/pp..which was outrageous and there was next to nothing there..the buffet was discusting. The waffles were soggy,..the scrambled eggs had no taste and were like instant ones..the hashbrowns, bacon and sausages tasted as if they had been there for hours already and were tough...not to mention cold. All the 'hot' food was cold. When I complained..the guy gave me $1.00 off. Really? At checkout..they didnt ask how my stay was..or barely say two words to me...it was the worst experience at a hotel to date!!!! Best western has always been good..but not this one!!!! Stay away...and go to another Best western in Edmonton!!! Absolutely discusting!!!! Not worth your money!!! RUN!

Room Tip: There is no tips here...besides go somewhere else!!! There were people in there that had barking dog...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 780-483-7770 Ext. 289

Naren Kumar
Manager
Red Deer, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed here for one night during a storm in Edmonton and the rooms were clean and modern and staff were great.The food was also well priced and very well prepared.The hotels location is also very close to the mall and other stores. We will stay here again next month when we come back for the Edmonton Rodeo!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GMBWWI, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Westwood Inn, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Hello Elizabeth,

Thank you very much for sparing some time to write down your feedback about your stay with us. I and my team are very happy with the fact that our efforts towards customer service are being noticed. Such feedback always motivate us to go a step ahead in order to make good and long term relationship with our customers. We are really looking forward to see you again and add up one more good quality experience into your memories.

Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed at this hotel a few times in the past year for work and things have been okay, but my most recent stay was the one that will stop me from going back here. When I returned to the room after a long day of work, I found that the bed was made and the garbage emptied, but that was the extent of the cleaning. The Kleenex and toilet paper were empty, the mirror and bathroom counters had not been cleaned and there was still a towel that I had left to be changed laying in the bathtub. The worst part was when I went to use the toilet and found that someone (I assume housekeeping) had used the toilet and not flushed; this was a disgusting present for housekeeping to leave me.

The experience at checkout was no better. I noticed that I had been overcharged for meals I had eaten at the restaurant (charged for a extra meal). When I pointed this out to the front-desk clerk, he said there was nothing he could do at that time because the accounting department was not open yet and my credit card had already been charged the full amount. More than a week later, and 2 phone calls to the hotel, and I have yet to receive the credit for the extra charge on my card.

There are several other hotels in this area at which I have stayed. After this experience, I would definitely recommend any of them over the Best Western.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

This is really unfortunate for us that you had to go through such inconvenience at our property. As I am not aware about this incident, all I can assure you is that we are here to provide quality level of service to all our guests. Therefore, I would genuinely request you to please contact me at hotel@bestwesternwestwood.com and give us an opportunity to meet your expectation in terms of resolution.
We sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you better and to change your conception about our hotel.

Barrie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The location seemed good to us as it was not too far into the city, on the way to the restaurant we were going to for dinner, and the price was ok. We were happy with the accomodations - huge room, good bathroom, free parking and wifi. We found none of the problems of cleanliness others have mentioned. There really wasn't anything that stood out but there was nothing that I would complain about either.
Check-in and out was done politely and pleasantly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We are glad with the fact that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your business with us and will always look forward to serve you again & again.

Penticton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is an older Best Western but very well maintained. It is about 5 minutes to the West Edmonton Mall and easy to get to (GPS are a wonderfull invention). The dining room in very nice and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are quite big and for the business traveller there is wifi and a nice desk to work on. It is not near the busy streets so it is very quiet at night. I have stayed here several times and always go back when I am in Edmonton.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
GMBWWI, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Westwood Inn, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Hello Brenda,

Thank you very much for writing down this feedback about your recent stay with us. We are glad with the fact that you have been choosing our property for your frequent stays in Edmonton. My team is always committed to make our guests's stay more enjoyable & comfortable . We appreciate your business and will always look forward to serve you in future.

Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Woke up in the middle of the night with bugs all over my body. Complained to the management, and all they said was sorry.Not to mention, the rooms were poorly maintained. I would not stay here again, and will tell my friends about the experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GMBWWI, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Westwood Inn, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We do not have any records of a guest complained about bed bugs at the front desk. However, as we mentioned in our previous responses that we have a contract with a nation-wide pest control company who monitor our property for any kind of infestation. We do have records for the same to prove this. It is really unfortunate for us and we request you to kindly contact us at hotel@bestwesternwestwood.com and help us to do further investigation on this matter.

Front Office Supervisor

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Westwood Inn? Share your experiences!