“I would not go again” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 1,887 Restaurants in Edmonton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“I would not go again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I went to this with my wife.
They asked us if we had a reservation even though it was empty.
The food was blah.
Nice decor. It is clean. Just the food is not that good.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
JEET N, General Manager at Guru Restaurant, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Abu Bilal,
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your point of view. We belive in continous improvement and I would highly appreciate it if you could provide me with some details on what dishes you had so that we can take neccesary action to ensure that it does not happen again. Please do email me using the link on our website or call me directly at the restaurant.
Jeet

Regina, Canada
“Nice decor, good food and service with a reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Tried some interesting and traditional Indian food. Very nice environment. For two people, we had three dishes and non-alcoholic beverage for $60 is reasonable.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
JEET_GURU, General Manager at Guru Restaurant, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Greetings from Guru! Thank you so much for your nice comments and we look forward to seeing you soon at Guru!
Edmonton AB
“Overpriced and mediocre”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We've eaten here before, but tonight's meal fell far short of our expectations. The server was brusque and overworked. The food, while acceptable, wasn't really anything to write home about. For what you pay at Guru, I think you should expect a lot more. There are several far superior Indian food options in town

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hi Mr.Rashiq,
Greetings from Guru! Thank you for your feedback and please accept my apologies for not having met your expectations at Guru. We did have a challenge with staff strength on that particular weekend and I appreciate your point of view.Do give us another opportunity to prove ourselves and rest assured that you will have a fantastic dinner at Guru!
JEET
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Excellent service and amazing taste”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

My boyfriend and i usually go for dinner in Guru with somemore friends and always the service and food is awesome.most interesting part was what i experience in birthday. we went for dinner there and i guess my boy friend already informed to them about my birthday and at the end DEEPENDRA (who is chef of the GURU) came up with little nice candle and some lovely desert and called some staff and together they sang the birthday song for me.wowwww that was so nice.and DEEPENDRA is awesome chef the way he cares about customer.he keeps on coming out from the kitchen and going around table to table and conforming that everything is going fine.isn't that so nice?in fact all the staffs are really good.they are proffetional and excellent customer service.if you never tried yet then just go for it..........you will amazed

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Greetings from Guru! Thank you very much for your positive comments! We look forward to seeing you at Guru in the near future!
Worcester
“The best Indian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

When we first looked at the menu it was a surprise to see a range of different dishes rather than your run of the mill food.
Deependra the owner and executive chef is very passionate about his menu and invited us to try a couple of the starters before deciding upon our order. The Butter Chicken was so good and probably the best starter ever that we incorporated it into our main meal as well.
Deependra kept coming out of the kitchen to make sure we were happy with everything and it is these little touches coupled with the excellent waitress service that made the whole evening a great experience.
Once other thing and I don't know if it is on the menu yet - but ask for the Nan bread mixed with Belgian chocolate and Coconut for dessert - magnificent.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
JEET N, General Manager at Guru Restaurant, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Greetings from Guru!
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your experience at Guru! We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Jeet