This was my third stay at this property in the past 4 months. At first, I was attracted by its newness and outside appearance given some aged downtown and west end brands. Appearances are deceiving. On my first stay, I had to ask to be moved since the bathtub in a 3rd floor room was looking as though it was not cleaned and there was hair on the supposedly clean towels. On my second stay, when the toilet backed up, there was no plunger on site according to the front desk. I had to be moved AGAIN. In the 2nd room, I had to ask for towels since there were only a few compared to the first room. On my third stay, I walked into a cold room and couldn't adjust the heat/cool air nor did the unit respond in anyway. The bathroom was filthy with hairs on the floor, near the bathtub and AGAIN on the towels. When i called the front desk, they picked up and HUNG up the phone without answering my call. When I finally did get through, I was told there was a "switch" on the wall. That isn't the case and there is no master switch. I also asked calls be put through without a guest name like other hotels. This didn't happen and when I missed calls the front desk didn't do much but offer a half hearted "I forgot". in the morning, when getting ready to shower, I discovered AGAIN that the bathtub was FILTHY and stained with unknown "materials of both black and yellowed crusty materials". At checkout, I was obviously a "distraction" to the clerk and not important enough while she did paperwork of some sort and had to be checked out by who appeared to be the hotel manager. When I had to advise of the issues, rather than be asked about my stay, to their credit, they did not charge me for my one night's stay. I had hoped to become a regular business traveler guest at this property given BW's many promotions and the newness of the hotel. With the 3 stays I have had, I'm not sure I'll return for quite a while (if ever). As they say in baseball, 3 strikes and your out. With more newer and bigger and branded properties about to open up nearby, it is a wonder this place can sustain itself with such filth, poor service, and lack of basic internal AC and heat controls.
Breakfast looks like a low end hotel. No variety nor vast selection like a holiday inn. No movie channel/movies either makes this a place to bed down and that is it at the very least (if you get a clean room with working heat and A/C).
Rooms facing Hwy 2 don't insulate noise in anyway and you can forget about a quiet night's sleep on that end of the property. it's quiet inside but that's about it when you get into the rooms and the highway noise (plus the odd train) takes you over. That was the case on 2 of 3 stays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sleek, stylish and contemporary, this Edmonton, Alberta hotel is located close to the city center's most exciting dining and shopping district and features easy access to the Edmonton International Airport and the University of Alberta. The BEST WESTERN PLUS South Edmonton Inn & Suites is in the Top 20% for Quality Assurance Scores for Best Western hotels.This hotel in Edmonton is located just off of Highway 2 and offers spacious, well-appointed guest rooms that feature upgraded amenities - like comfortable pillow top mattresses, an in-room microwave, personal refrigerator, flat screen televisions with cable satellite and free high-speed Internet access. Start each morning at this BEST WESTERN PLUS South Edmonton Inn & Suites with a complimentary full breakfast before heading out to enjoy a swim in our indoor saltwater pool - complete with water slide and hot tub - or break a sweat in our fitness center. This hotel in Edmonton is also 100% non-smoking and Eco-Friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS South Edmonton Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western South Edmonton Hotel Edmonton
- Best Western South Edmonton Inn And Suites
- BEST WESTERN PLUS South Edmonton Inn & Suites Alberta