You added BEST WESTERN PLUS South Edmonton Inn & Suites to your Saves list
GreenLeadersSilver level
Norman Wells
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Travelled to Edmonton for medical reasons. Coming from the North, I was very suprised how friendly everyone was. The staff was very accomodating to me, and helped me move rooms. Very nice hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Mandy S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear Rita J

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and sorry to hear that medical reasons brought you to our great city. I am very happy to say that we have some very regular guests here for similar reasons and we do try our best to make thier stay convenient and comfortable.

Please let us know if you ever need to come back, we will surely make your next stay as enjoyable.

Mandy Clutesi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I visited this hotel while attending a business meeting in Edmonton. I have always received excellent service but this last visit I felt like royalty. When I arrived, I was greeted as usual by the reception, and while the young lady was looking up my reservation, I was chatting with another young lady, who I found out later was Mandy, the General Manager. My preplanned room was not ready which would not have been a problem but then I was told I was being upgraded. I received my keys and walked up to the door of my room, opened it and went WOW! I was in a room with a jacuzzi, a fireplace, a soft housecoat, and king size bed. It was amazing. I had a great evening, a good sleep and then to top it off got free breakfast and coffee the next morning and my a chariot (Taxi) was waiting to take me to the meeting. I loved it and will definitely go back again as well as refer any one who'll listen. Thanks for making me feel like royalty. It made my day, night and good memories.

Room Tip: I have never been disappointed with any of their rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Brenda

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Is is so great to hear such nice and warm comments. Our staff are very proud and happy when they see reviews like this and they all talk about remembering you too! It's always nice for us as hoteliers to get that special person, who is so nice, friendly, happy and it makes our day as much as the guests.

I am sure we will see you back in the near future.

Thanks again,
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We arrived Canada day (very late) and were pleasantly surprised as this is a very nice hotel, clean quiet. Very comfy beds, nice Simmons World Class beds not the cheap trampoline type you find at other hotels. We thought breakfast was very good with nice selection of food. My kids absolutely loved the water slide and pool.
Mandy I didn't get a chance to say thanks before leaving, but I also appreciate your patience and holding 2 rooms while I sorted out my gift card issues and figured out which room I was going to take prior to arrival. You could have told me to take one or the other but holding it for a couple of days went the extra mile.
My family and I stayed at 3 other hotels while on our 10 day Alberta trip and I picked them all based on people's comments on tripadvisor, and this one is the best overall out of the 4.

Peter B

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Mandy C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Dear Peter B.

So happy to hear that of all the hotels you stayed with, ours was the most enjoyable. And no problem, we always try our best to accomodate our guests and since we are a pretty busy hotel, it sometimes can be quick to resell a room.

Hope you visit us again on your next trip and have good travels!

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The rooms away from the highway are nice and quiet, the suites are spacious and there is a pool and hot tub. The breakfast is better than continental but avoid the sausages, they are just tasteless and greasy. The air conditioner and heater are on strict motion detectors and if you are still for an hour or more (like when you go to bed) it shuts off and the temperature goes to the hotel set limit, I found it too hot in winter and spring visits.

Room Tip: Avoid the corner rooms over the highway, they trap noise and it's terribly boomy, all other room...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear nonsmoker111,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor......... I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I want to mention that there is a function on the ac units if the fan is turned on which will keep them on all the time, not just with movement in the room. Next time you are in, let us know and we can check on that for you.

We are happy that you had a great stay overall and look forward to your return.

Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Stayed here on Canada Day. Here is what happened: Arrived an hour early & had to wait for desk worker to stop watching Euro Cup final to help me...Told our room was not ready and come back around check in time, no problem. Came back at check in time and was given keys to our room (king sized with tub, etc). Went to room and found door propped open and the room was a disaster. Went back down and the wait staff was super flustered. They gave us a double queen with a tub (this was a must with a young child). Went to the room to find out it had a walk in shower..? Went back to desk and after 15 minutes they gave us a business king. Staff was unorganized, unprofessional, etc. Suprisingly loud also! Will not stay here again.

Room Tip: There is no restaurant in this hotel. Chop in the Sandman is ok but expensive.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Dear Brett P.

I am so sorry for the confusion you encountered during your stay and would like to apologize for the issues and inconvenience. I am not too sure why you had this problem and I would dare to say my front desk staff may have been flustered because they don't usually run into these kind of problems. Obviously there was some communication issues between front desk and housekeeping and I have addressed them already. Again please feel free to contact me direct if you are coming to Edmonton again so that we may have the opportunity to make this right for you.

I encourage all guests that if you do encounter something that made your stay a LESS THAN 5, to contact me directly so that we ensure you are treated right and fairly. Customer service is something we strive to perfect every day and without us being given the opportunity to fix it, we can't improve.

Again, I do apologize and look forward to making your next stay an enjoyable one.

St. Paul, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

This was our first visit to this hotel and I can truely say that we had a great stay. The rooms were great and the breakfast (which was complimentary) was excellent. We will certainly visit this hotel again. It is easy to get to from South Edmonton Common. It is in a new location and right near the Anthony Henday Freeway.

Dear Rudolph W

I am glad your enjoyed your stay with us here at the Best Western Plus South Edmonton. To get comments like this was one of our best experiences is one that makes us proud. Many of our guests are repeat customers and we hope that you will now be part of that club.

Look forward to seeing you again soon
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Stayed here during multiple occasions. The hotel is very clean. Breakfast options are decent. The staff are friendly and courteous, when I did not like the room I checked into they immediately gave me another room. Would love to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Raveena S

So glad to hear that your great experience with our staff and hotel is what keeps you coming back to us each time. I truely think that our staff look at each and every one of our guests as family and I am so happy that they do their best to make you feel that way.

Hope to see you again soon, happy travels.

Mandy Clutesi

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS South Edmonton Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!