Stayed here one night on the September long weekend after always hearing the hype about this hotel and to treat the kids. The front entrance from the parking lot was very dissappointing, definately not one would expect arriving at a hotel of this price point and the amount of smokers outside the front door including hotel staff was nausiating.
The lobby staff were expeditious and pleasant. We arrived early to pick up our galaxyland passes and was told our room was guaranteed by 4 pm and was surprised to get a call at 10:30 saying it was ready. When we went back and got our keys it was nice to find the Bellman had already placed our jackets in the room that we had checked earlier.
We opted for the Polynesion theme room. The room was adequate but had a worn and somewhat dated feel, definately not what you would expect for $300.00 + per night. Although I suppose some of what you are paying for is the "theme" which the kids liked especially the jacuzzi tub with waterfall. The bed was comfortable and the view was great. Also the conveniance factor having the mall at your doorstep is definately a plus.
The bathroom was dissappointing with crusty hard water deposits all around the shower, dirty grout in the tiles and low quality towels. It felt like you were in a $50.00 /night hotel when in the bathroom.
Now that I have "been there done that" most likely would not go back and opt to stay at one of the high end chain hotels down the road for half the cost, better quality, and oh yeah: free WiFi! C'mon guys, it's 2012, charging almost $10 per day for WiFi is not cool!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Fantasyland Hotel. We're located in the heart of North America's largest shopping and entertainment complex, West Edmonton Mall. The hotel features classically decorated rooms with TV, complimentary Wi-Fi, hairdryer, voice mail, clock radio and air conditioning. Choice abounds when it comes to dining with L2 Grill providing culinary creations that feature the freshest ingredients found between the East and West Coasts of Canada. If it is just a drink you are after, the L1 Lounge provides a relaxing environment to sit back and enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Booking.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Fantasyland Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fantasyland Hotel And Resort
- Fantasyland Hotel Edmonton
- Fantasyland Hotel & Resort Edmonton, Alberta