The hotel was the host hotel for the recent Canadian masters Badminton championships. We booked a renovated room on the concierge floors and stayed for 8 nights. Our room, on the 21st floor was excellent. After reading other reviews we requested a quiet room away from the elevators.
Our room was modern, spacious, well equipped and had great views over the city. We had upgraded wifi and a 42 inch flat screen TV with Optik service.
The concierge service gave us access to the lounge on the 20th floor. Everyday between 5-8pm we could visit the lounge and enjoy 2 complimentary drinks of wine, beer or soft drinks and a selection of hors d'oeuvres. The room rate also included a continental breakfast served in the same lounge or we could pay a supplement to have a hot breakfast on the main floor.
Parking was expensive at $15 a day. The car park is a very old multi story, it was very busy during the day but quiet in the evenings and the weekend.
Bellamy's lounge served a good selection of meals. We had a theme night function in the hotels ballroom with over 350 people. The food was excellent and it was a great room for a party of that size.
The staff were excellent. Whatever time of day the staff went out of their way to ask how your day was going and was there anything you needed.
There are some good restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the iconic landmark Chateau Lacombe Hotel. Locally owned and independently operated, the Chateau Lacombe Hotel offers 307 guest rooms including 69 Concierge guest rooms allocated on the upper floors requiring key access, each fully renovated Concierge guest room offers Telus Optic LED TV and 15mb dedicated internet access for each room. Enjoy access to our private Concierge Lounge overlooking the majestic Edmonton river valley. Lounge Privilege's include: Daily continental breakfast & Daily evening beverages with Canapes. The Hotel is home to the city's award winning rooftop revolving restaurant La Ronde on the 24th floor and rotates over 88 minutes capturing the cityscape and river valley views. A great location for celebrating memorable moments and milestone events. With its 307 Guest Rooms and 14,000 sq. Ft. Of meeting space, the Chateau Lacombe Hotel is the preferred location for business and leisure travellers wishing to be close to downtown with the Arts & Culture, nightlife and soon to be revealed in 2016 - the Downtown Arts and Entertainment District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, TravelClick, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Priceline so you can book your Chateau Lacombe Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Chateau Lacombe Hotel Edmonton
- Crowne Plaza Edmonton
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Edmonton
- Chateau Lacombe Hotel Edmonton, Alberta