“Pleasantly surprised.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau Lacombe Hotel

You added Chateau Lacombe Hotel to your Saves list
Chateau Lacombe Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10111 Bellamy Hill, Edmonton, Alberta T5J 1N7, Canada (Formerly Crowne Plaza Chateau Lacombe)   |
Ranked #57 of 89 Hotels in Edmonton
Alberta, Canada
“Pleasantly surprised.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

After booking this hotel I read many negative, recent, reviews which made me concerned that I made a bad choice. When we arrived there was a five minute wait at the desk and then another guest walked in front of us to check-in. The lady apologized profusely for the wait and gave us a $20 voucher towards our dinner in the Lounge and 2 complimentary breakfasts. We had a room with two queen beds with a view of the river. Dinner at the Lounge was great and the front desk made our taxi arrangement for us. If going to the Citadel Theatre it isn't even a 10 min walk. Everyone was friendly and I would most definitely go back!!!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Red deer
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel was clean but dated. Outside windows will be replaced starting in July 2015. Parking cost $15/day plus the GST .
There is a rotating restaurant in the hotel. Staff were very professional like expected from a high end hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to over look the river valley or the city.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

After already making a non-refundable pre-payment on a 3rd-party site, I was pretty concerned when reading the reviews that we were in for a hellish night. But our one night stay has been lovely! We did request a room away from the elevator based on other reviewers' experiences, but we weren't willing to pay the extra for a concierge floor so we were on the 11th. The room was tastefully updated and decorated with modern decor. Impeccably clean with no smells (I'm highly sensitive). No Maintenance issues at all except that the TV cord wanted to be jiggled before the TV would turn on. If I have any complaints about our room, it's that it was missing a desk and the toiletries were very basic.

We didn't use any of the hotel amenities except for the valet parking, which was courteous and prompt.

I got a great deal on the 3rd party site. If I'd paid full price I think I would have had some concerns about value overall. But for me, I was very pleased with my stay.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed over Easter weekend and had a lovely room on the concierge floor. Pictures on the website were exactly how the room looked and we were very pleased with the comfort of our bed. The walk-in shower is a nice touch.

We had a good breakfast in the concierge lounge with a staff member who was very friendly, and we were also treated nicely by the front desk clerk, the valet and the maid on our floor.

The one thing that was missing, and it's certainly not a deal breaker, is that there is no in-room safe, which are pretty normal these days. Would have expected this in a renovated room.

The value for our room was great and we would come back.

Room Tip: If you want to take in the valley view, get a concierge level room and enjoy while you eat your free...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Fort McMurray, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This place was average. No real complaints. It is a bit dated with the couch, carpet, bedding, and the tub coating was peeling. Everything did look clean though. It did have a mini fridge. There was no pool or hot tub in the hotel.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Front desk staff did not clarify that the rooms were bare minimum and that every amenity was extra. Parking was an extra $15 in a completely empty parking lot, room did not have a microwave and the television and mini fridge did not work. Was told it was an extra $20 for those amenities. Guests were loud in the hallways at all times of the night and did not get much sleep.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I chose Chaeau Lacombe for a one night Edmonton stay knowing I wouldn't be spending a ton of time at the hotel. The valets were both lovely and the check in process was good. My room was on an upper floor with a city view. If II were spending more time there I would definitely ask for a room with a river view. I did not eat any meals there.

The room was quiet, comfortable and warm. The TV was hard to use but I find most hotel TV's hard, so that could be just me. The room was not recently updated but was really clean.. The the comfy chair in my room was threadbare but very comfy (a big plus in my mind). The best part - the bed was wonderful. Firm but comfortable, just the right pillows and just the right number of blankets. Loved that.

Room Tip: ask for away from elevator, river view
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Been to Chateau Lacombe Hotel? Share your experiences!