“Very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau Lacombe Hotel

You added Chateau Lacombe Hotel to your Saves list
Chateau Lacombe Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10111 Bellamy Hill, Edmonton, Alberta T5J 1N7, Canada (Formerly Crowne Plaza Chateau Lacombe)   |
Ranked #59 of 89 Hotels in Edmonton
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location is great right downtown. The rotating restaurant was amazing, nice views and an awesome wait staff, a bit pricey. Our room was unfortunately right outside the elevators and in the morning there was a lot of noise but the room was nice and we had a whole wall of windows which we loved.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators and main floor would be a lot quieter
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Fort McMurray, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My husband and I were nervous to stay at this hotel as our usual hotel was already booked up, but I heard about the la ronde restaurant and made a reservation with thoughts of beef wellington in my head. On our way to the hotel I noticed they had a special on their website advertising concierge rooms for $139 a night. ( When we booked our room the concierge rooms were much more expensive so we booked a standard king size room at $161 a night as they were not advertising the special at that time. When we arrived at the hotel we were told we had been upgraded to the concierge floor. We were pretty excited about that, I also assumed we would get the lower rate being advertised on their website. When we went up to our room we were expecting a very nice clean updated room as they told us the concierge rooms had been recently updated. These rooms were not updated very well, they still had that old run down look, the TV was updated, I guess thats what they meant but the tables and dressers were pretty scratched up. You could see that there was dirt and lint all over the carpet, so immediately I checked the bed to make sure it was clean and there was nothing to worry about, it seemed to be clean, so we decided to stay. We were supposed to stay two nights so we made our reservation at la ronde for the second night as we were going to see the hockey game the first night. We went to the hockey game then came back to the room afterward to have a glass of wine and watch TV before going to sleep. As I was walking to my side of the bed with glass of wine in hand, the wine tipped as some got spilled onto the white linens on the upper corner of the bed. I was very upset but did not want to call for new sheets late at night, so I grabbed a cloth with a large amount of soap to get most of the wine out and went to sleep as it was on the upper corner, it didn't bother me to be damp. The next morning my husband and I woke, showered and went down for breakfast. The cleaning lady had come into the room while we were at breakfast. When we finished breakfast we were on our way back to the room, when we saw there was a little commotion at the front desk. We continued on to the elevator to head up to our room and there were two hotel clerks in the elevator talking, then one of them asked if we happened to be in room 1906. We said yes why? And he said we were needed at the front desk. So we went to get our things we needed for the day and stopped by our room first. When we got there, the door was wide open and there were a couple of people in our room. The mattress was pulled up and cleaning lady was apologizing to us. We headed to the front desk right away to see what was going on, we told the clerk who we were and she said the Manager needed to speak with us. The Manager, a very young man, told us there was a red wine stain on our bed and that we would have to change rooms so the mattress could be cleaned and that we would have to pay not only to have the mattress cleaned but for the night that they could not rent this room out. This was a Tuesday night and the hotel was anything but busy. We told him we would check out now, and that he could cancel our reservations at La Ronde. We were treated so horribly by him and so embarrassed that all of the staff knew what was going on there was no way we could stay there now. I have never been treated that way before, we stay in Edmonton quite frequently as that is where we are from and we have spills and things in the past but have never been treated that way. I will never ever stay in this hotel again, and I would never recommend it to anyone. Final bill for one night ended up being $ 594 definitely not worth it!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I was on a business trip, and had given my personal credit card information to make the reservation. When I arrived with the company´s card and the credit card authorization form from the card holder, they still charged me to my personal account and charged my business card as well. Almost 20 days have passed and I have not recived my refund. Cleaning lady was adorable and so were the ladies attending the consiege room. Rooms were modern and beds are comfortable.

Room Tip: Staff is very young and I it gave me the immpresion they do not know what they are doing.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Shared a romantic night out with my wife, the stay was decent. The room was modern and clean. We had a room on the Concierge floor, which was nice because we were able to grab two free drinks, either whine or domestic beer, and enjoyed some "ok" snack foods.

The room was clean, and updated. The view was beautiful, except the crappy Edmonton weather we experienced this past weekend. We were on the 19th floor south east looking, so a nice view of the Edmonton River Valley. All we had to look at was about 15 cm of snow falling, which was some what peaceful.

We stayed on a Saturday night, and I was surprised at the amount of younger people that were in the hotel. Our room was straight across from the elevator which got loud when groups were coming and going. Quieted down by 11pm. Recommend a room away from the elevator!

We enjoyed a romantic dinner at La Ronde, which was absolutely fantastic. The service, the food, the atmosphere; we did not have a single bad moment or experience. I will write a separate review on this restaurant, they deserve one!

However the breakfast that was included in the room was very disappointing. Cafe Lacombe is not what it should be, being located in a hotel of this nature. The food was cheap, and disgusting, something that my wife and I thought we would find in a senior's home. Actually I think the food in most of the senior homes we have been in was twice as good as this breakfast! There are other restaurant's in the lobby of the hotel, non of them were open for breakfast this particular Sunday when we were down around 10am.
The service was good, I will give credit where credit is due, but the lack of quality in food was dis-satisfying. The eggs were so yellow you could tell they were colored with food coloring and of coarse just quick whip carton egg batter, the hash browns needed to be rung out and drained of grease. The only item that was decent was the pastries, and lets be honest, WE all need to eat less pastries.

Over all I rate Cafe Lacombe 3 out of 10.

Other then that the night was beautiful, and La Ronde is definitely worth the stay!

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevator esprically on weekends. Ask for a higher floor for a better vi...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Lloydminster, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First time staying downtown in Edmonton. Last minute booking, was ok place. Room was ok, nothing spectacular but would stay there again. It should be noted though that you have to pay to park there, $15 but still... Do not try and park underneath if you have a lifted truck!!!! Very low ceiling in the parking area. I really liked the location.

Stayed March 2015
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I stayed here for our vow renewal. It was a decent hotel. Disappointed in the staff I didn't find they cared, there was no welcoming, checking in was very cold or that they were knowledgable.
Front desk did not advise us about needing to put our room key in the elevator to get to our concierge floor - so we rode the elevator for a few mins.
They were aware of the reason of our visit and they did not acknowledge it - I found this disappointing.
They do not tell you that they pre charge your credit card with a damage deposit, so your stately doesn't match your bill, and my biggest complaint is paying for parking. I don't think this is right when you're paying $188 a night to stay here.

Good points - when staying on concierge floor there is a lovely lounge with free apps and wine and in the morning a lovely spread for the Continental breakfast.

Would I return probably not, recommend it - only if you were willing to pay for concierge floor other than that probably not.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Region of Waterloo, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hotel was booked for a business trip. Pictures on website were nothing like the room I was given. Room was dark and old. Grout in bathroom was probably white many years ago but just looks dirty now. My rags at home were in better shape than the towels. I travel on business quite a bit and really try to keep an open mind but can't say I looked forward to climbing into the bed here. If you need to stay here apparently you need to ask for a room on floor 19 or higher. That information might have been more helpful on check in.

Room Tip: Floors 19 and higher have apparently been renovated
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Been to Chateau Lacombe Hotel? Share your experiences!