“Christmas & New Year to Remember” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau Lacombe Hotel

You added Chateau Lacombe Hotel to your Saves list
Chateau Lacombe Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10111 Bellamy Hill, Edmonton, Alberta T5J 1N7, Canada (Formerly Crowne Plaza Chateau Lacombe)   |
Ranked #57 of 90 Hotels in Edmonton
Dublin, Ireland
“Christmas & New Year to Remember”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Myself & my wife spent Christmas & New Years staying in the Hotel.
We stayed a total of 13 nights.
We had a fantastic stay.
Being there so long we got familiar with the staff and found everyone to be very genuine and nice.
We had booked to stay in a standard room.
Unfortunately the room we were originally given was out dated and the bathroom was very old.
We made a complaint to the front desk and immediately was upgraded to a concierge room (newly renovated rooms). The upgrade entitled us to a free breakfast in the concierge room every morning which was really nice.
The new room was bright and clean.
The location in the middle of downtown was excellent.
Close to the LRT, shops, buses.
We were only a few blocks from the NY celebrations.
All in all an excellent stay and would have no hesitation recommending the hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a concierge room
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had an excellent visit to a very reasonably priced hotel. The rooms are clean and while a little small, certainly in the bathrooms, they have every amenity one would expect.
The bed was comfortable, the heating/AC unit quiet; and the shower had great water pressure and a consistent temperature.
Compared to some of the chain hotels in the city, i thought this was great value in a convenient location.

Room Tip: All the rooms are high enough to be quiet. Ask to be overlooking the river.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Sammy19
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I booked a room in the new concierge floor. The room was very nicely renovated and had a great view. The bathroom shower was poorly designed and leaked water all over the entire bathroom floor, but otherwise the room was great. The concierge lounge was a little on the pitiful side. We had dinner at La Ronde, which was a nice restaurant. I don't think the food was worth the high price, but it was a fun experience and the service as good. My biggest complaint about the hotel was that when we were checking out I noticed that we had a $25 voucher to use in the restaurant that I hadn't used when we ate there. I had the bill, which was well over $100, charged to the room so when I was paying for everything when I checked out I asked if I could use the voucher now, and was just told no with no explanation. I felt this was a little unreasonable and dremonstrated a fairly poor level of customer service. Otherwise things were good, but this left a bad taste in my mouth. Parking was also way to expensive, and the car was frozen when we got it so I don't think they even used an underground parking lot.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
CALGARY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am very thankful that I didn't have to pay out of my own pocket to stay at this hotel. Parking charges even though I didn't have to pay for them are too much; The hotel doesn't provide gold pavement or heat for what they charge. The free snacks & drinks and service in the Concierge Lounge was fantastic. The front desk service was not good at all. There was a time where I had to wait 7 minutes, no one else in line where the two front desk attendants were on the phone. I almost phoned the front desk with my cell phone while in proximity of less than 3 feet to get service. Also, the TV in the room didn't have HD; the rechargeable phone didn't work when tried and had to get maintenance to replace it for a working model. Another gripe I had was with the main floor wash-room where it was clogged and had no soap. My advice here is to rent elsewhere even if it is not convenient. I concur that there is no security at this hotel as reported by other reviewers. Btw, the revolving restaurant was closed due to renovations. Another gripe I have is that on the same floor where I was staying, the ice machine was out of order. When calling the front desk to ask questions, they have inexperienced people not providing information that you can count on.

Room Tip: Rent elsewhere even if it is not convenient to do so. The heat for the room isn't that good; al...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

i stayed at this hotel in July 2014 and found this place to be too good. had a very beautiful view of North Saskatchewan River from my room. also, a short walk from the hotel leads to the riverside which is full of activity in evening and morning hours. loved the neighbourhood of this hotel.

Room Tip: rooms with river view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Mulhouse, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We made a reservation through booking beginning of November for this hotel. Globally it is a nice hotel that need an urgent refresh though. The beds are great and the rooms are pretty ok.

Housekeeping is really good and the ladies are really nice and helpful. The bellmen are great too and we thank them for their gentleness throughout our stay.

Concerning the reception staff, it is quite different. Except a couple young members of this staff, they were rude, not helpful at all and not adequate with the customer service standards we expect from a hotel this level.

We hope that our next stay will be a better experience.

Stayed January 2015
R W, General Manager at Chateau Lacombe Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for joining us at the Chateau Lacombe Hotel over the Christmas holiday.

Your feedback is extremely important to the team and we appreciate your kind words regarding our Housekeeping and Bellmen team.

We would welcome the opportunity to discuss further with you and kindly ask that you reach out to our Director of Sales, Sherry Parker to arrange your return stay. We fell short of your expectations and would like to make this right for you.

Yours in hospitality,

Richard Wong
VP & GM
Saskatoon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here for a couple of days between Xmas and New Year.

The night before we left I rang the hotel to make sure there was secure parking. I asked the person on the phone if it was secured underground parking and he assured me it was. When we arrived we obviously realised he had lied. There is zero security for your car. Any one can walk in. It is not owned by the hotel from the look of it.

When we arrived in we were met by a lovely front desk girl. She was so helpful the whole time we were there. She helped with bars and directions and restaurants.

The lobby is quite nice and very well kept.

When we got to the room, I noticed it was a good size. It had and iron and ironing board, coffee maker, fridge and big TV. There was however, NO SAFE. What kind of hotel in this day and age does not have a safe built into the room.

The bed was good. Big and comfy. The furniture though, looks like it was bought at a thrift shop. Like seriously, zero pride in the appearance of the furniture. The bathroom was ok, but the bath tub has seen better days.

Trying to use the tv was a bit of a pain. It was set up like hotel tv's from the 80's is the only way I could figure it. But it worked.

We had breakfast and parking included in our stay, thankfully. Otherwise it would have been very expensive. Our first morning the bill would have been 52 dollars before a tip, and the second day it was 38 dollars. Our waitress on the first day was just not pleasant and made breakfast slightly uncomfortable.
The waitress on day two was very nice and friendly. The food on the other hand, does not meet the price in the menu, at all.

When our receipt was put under our door, there was charges for breakfast, but the front desk girl took care of this. It was explained that because the advertised buffet was not available the system mixed it up.

All in all, it was ok. Would I stay again? Probably not. The best feature was its location to down town.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere for better deals. Ask for river view. It was quite nice. Remember to turn off A/C at...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for joining us during the holiday break. We know you have a choice while in Edmonton and we do appreciate the feedback you have provided.

We apologize for the misinformation on the hotel parking. Indeed, the hotel has 13 levels of parking for a total of 670 stalls. The entire parkade is not self-enclosed as there is both a lower and upper entrance to the parkade.

As we continue with our refresh on our guest rooms, we will be addressing the attention to in-room guest safes. In the meantime, we do offer secured safety boxes at the Front Desk which are available 24/7.

We do hope that you will visit us again while in the Edmonton area so that we have an opportunity to provide a better guest experience.

Yours in hospitality,
Richard Wong
VP & GM

Been to Chateau Lacombe Hotel? Share your experiences!