“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau Lacombe Hotel

You added Chateau Lacombe Hotel to your Saves list
Chateau Lacombe Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10111 Bellamy Hill, Edmonton, Alberta T5J 1N7, Canada (Formerly Crowne Plaza Chateau Lacombe)   |
Ranked #57 of 90 Hotels in Edmonton
Edmonton, Canada
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Be prepared to pay for parking. Nice place. Hides it's age quite well. Obviously upgraded on schedule over the years. As the building is round the rooms are oddly shaped but comfortable, very clean, and have a cozy quality. The bedding is incredible and is topped off with a variety of pillow preferences..
Breakfast is not included in room price but is really good with a variety of breakfast favorites, fruit,and pastries.

Room Tip: sweet talk the clerk into a river valley view...nice!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Ottawa, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hotel is run down and needs a major renovation. Bed and pillows are sub par. Flaking paint and pealing wallpaper. Elevators are slow. Ok for a night I guess but nothing more. I wouldn't say this is anything over a 3 star.

• Stayed September 2014
Edmonton, Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at this hotel with some friends for a night in November. I was very excited about the opportunity to stay at this hotel. And while the hotel was gorgeous and we enjoyed ourselves immensely, the level of customer service my party received truly fell short.

We had a horrendous time when trying to reserve our rooms. Mixups galore. First of all, they booked our rooms for the wrong night. Even though we corrected this error, we found a no-show fee on our invoice the morning of checkout -- the hotel mistakenly penalized us for not honoring the original reservation. Luckily the hotel removed the charge without a hassle.

We had indicated we needed a room that had enough beds or sleeping spaces for 3 people. We were originally declined our request for a cot, instead booked into a room that had a pullout bed. We were fine with this. However, when we arrived in the room, we were dismayed to discover there was no pullout. When we phoned reception to advise them of the lack of a sofa bed, they agreed to bring us a cot. We were surprised by this, as we had been told cots weren’t allowed in the rooms. We also had to request extra towels, robes and bottles of water, as these were entitlements but were missing from the room (despite the hotel's awareness of the number of people who would be staying in the room). We had to wait quite a long time for housekeeping to show up with the requested items --- these should have been promptly delivered. We also noticed our room was supplied with enough toiletries for just one person. It was very disappointing more effort wasn't put into customizing the room to accommodate the size of our party.

Despite these shortcomings, we did enjoy our stay. The room was beautiful, as were our view and the rest of the hotel. As part of our package, we had access to the concierge lounge. With this came free drinks and hors d’oeuvres from 5 pm to 8 pm and a continental breakfast in the morning. The appetizers and breakfast were excellent and the staff very friendly. We tipped on each visit but did not get the sense tips were expected. We also received gift certificates for La Ronde, the hotel's restaurant at the top, which was a very nice bonus.

We ate at the Bellamy restaurant for dinner, which is on the main floor of the hotel. It offered casual dining at reasonable prices. It's perfect for a quiet, easy and tasty meal which won't break the bank. We were satisfied with our meals and the service was pretty good, for the most part. However, there was a small incident in which a member of our party got gum that was under our table on her pants. Despite the fact that our server was made aware and could see our friend was trying to remove the gum from her clothing, she did not offer any assistance, compensation, or even an apology. I and other members of our party were disappointed with the apparent lack of care and concern from staff.

This hotel has a number of things going for it: it’s gorgeous with some of the best views in Edmonton (perfect for a romantic getaway); the rooms are clean, well-maintained, and modern; the restaurants are very good; it’s in a great location, close to bars, restaurants, shopping and public transportation. And for our troubles, we were refunded the money we were charged for valet parking (at our request). But while we appreciated the gesture, the difficulties we experienced with our reservation have made me reluctant to ever stay at the Chateau Lacombe again.

Room Tip: The Executive Suites are beautiful, complete with a private room containing a king-size bed and a ra...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was my third visit to chateau Lacombe and I must say that there was a major improvement in the decor and feel of the hotel. This time I booked a room on a concierge level and the room have been renovated and they look great. I like this hotel because the staff is very helpful and nice. All that made my last business trip very productive and pleasant. I dealt with Joel from the event and catering since I was conducting some meetings in my suite and I have to say that this gentlemen is one of the most helpful agent in this business I dealt with in all the cities I traveled. Once again great place and location for your next business trip in Edmonton.

Room Tip: Not all the rooms have been renovated yet but I recoomend the concierge levels
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I'm constantly traveling for business and this hotel staff is by far one of the worst when it comes to the way they treat their guests. The staff is very rude and short with guests. They are un-accommodating with the simpliest simple requests. They don't want to be bothered with any questions. The hotel itself is very clean and well kept.

• Stayed December 2014
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have stayed here several times when I visit Edmonton on business. It is in the core downtown area and is very close to businesses I need to visit. The rooms are quite nice overall, but the bathtubs need to be replaced in few rooms. They are old and cracked. The staff was friendly. Great view of the valley as well. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I hadn't stayed at the Chateau Lacombe for about 10 years but because of it's location to various meetings, I thought I should give it a try. Yes, the location was good and I would recommend the executive floors which are nice. Improvements have been made but I did find it a little noisy from the street trafffc. I would go back for the location, price and helpful staff.

Room Tip: Executive floor
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Been to Chateau Lacombe Hotel? Share your experiences!