“Really nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau Lacombe Hotel

Save Saved
You added Chateau Lacombe Hotel to your Saves list
Chateau Lacombe Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10111 Bellamy Hill, Edmonton, Alberta T5J 1N7, Canada (Formerly Crowne Plaza Chateau Lacombe)   |
Ranked #53 of 90 hotels in Edmonton
“Really nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

We couldn't fault this hotel at all. Really nice staff & the rooms were clean & comfortable. It is in a great location for both downtown & WEM & such a steal for the price, we'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I had booked a river view King room through the hotel's website. Price was better than offered on third part sites. When we arrived there was no one yo greet us, to let us know where yo park, or check in. Although certainly not difficult to figure out, I did see that at times there were doormen/ valets on site.
They had our reservation correct and our room was ready. Upon entering the room on the 16th floor, I noticed that the lever for the toilet was broken, and the curtain did not open easily( broken). I went down to the deck and asked to be switched to a different room. No problem, moved up 2 floors. View was excellent of the River Valley. However, like a previous reviewer noted, perhaps staying in the same room, there were black streaks on the outside of the window and the window was extremely difficult to open and close. Blinds in this room closed perfectly and were good enough to keep up the beautiful morning sun.
Wifi was spotty. Very often had to log back onto the server.
Parking lot was under construction and a trailer was parked incredibly close to the entrance of the parking garage making it difficult to enter with a large SUV. A dingy garage, where I wouldn't want go be alone on a lower floor.
Bed was comfortable and housekeeping fix a good job of cleaning . Amenities were good. I quite liked the lavender shampoo.
I've included a few photos if the bathroom area that certainly need to be addressed by the hotel. Paint spilled on the tile floor, peeling paint on the ceiling, broken bathtub plug and a chipped bathtub.
No noise from either rooms or hallways.

I don't know when I'll be in Edmonton again, but won't be staying here.

Room Tip: I guess pay for a top level concierge room. However I didn't see them.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kingston, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I recently stayed at the Chateau Lacombe while on a business trip. I had read some reviews before I went saying that the rooms weren't very nice but I understand that they just went through some renovations and my room was updated and really very nice. The beds were comfortable and the the gym was pretty good as well.

The location is really good for vacationers if you want to be downtown.

The bad of this hotel was really in:
a) WIFI was horrible, it froze numerous times and I was kicked off on more than one occasion, So if internet access is important to you, I might look elsewhere.
b) I couldn't really control the temperature...at times my room was very cold.
c) After a hard days work, sometimes I like to lay on the bed and surf...you cannot do that here. You have to pick your channel from a menu with no way of knowing what was on. If you didn't like it you are forced to go back to the menu and pick the next channel and so on and so on. A small thing I know but still a thing.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Fort McMurray, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stay here often when I am in the city for business and I always have a great experience! This time I had the pleasure of staying on one of the newly renovated floors and was even more impressed then usual, what a wonderful job you guys are doing of restoring the place! The staff are always very friendly and helpful, Jacob especially! The fact that the hotel is unionized also plays a huge factor in my choosing to stay there and I believe it is evident in the service you receive. The location is very central and walking distance to everything you need on your stay in downtown Edmonton! Thanks and keep up the great work:)

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had a overnight stay in the Lacombe and overall was a bit disappointed with it for the price and I got the best on line price so it could have ended up much dearer. River view room was good but windows dirty with some mould on it. the bed was huge and we had a full size fridge too, but just nothing special. Breakfast would have been $20 which is a rip off as its just a buffet and when I asked for poached eggs I was told "no" by chef but she might do them for $3 each.....
Think I could find far better value and comfort in other hotels in edmonton

Room Tip: Get a river view room
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Edmonton, Alberta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have grown up in this city and had never had the opportunity to visit this Edmonton landmark hotel. In honour of our anniversary we were given a generous gift certificate for a room as well as dinner at the La Ronde rotating restaurant. This hotel was so disappointing.

When I got to the room I immediately called the front desk to let them know a piece of the carpet in the room was missing. Instead of offering up a different room the front desk employee said 'ok, i'll make note of that' and hung up. The rest of the room was no better. Pieces of the veneer off the desk in the room were missing, there was some kind of white liquid spilled down the side of tv cabinet, the wallpaper had paint splattered all over it from what looked to be like a recent attempt at painting the ceiling, the paint on the ceiling was actually flaking right off and flakes of paint were laying on the floors.

Our room was touted as having a river valley view. The window was filthy and there was some kind of black goop or mold dripping between the panes. It was just gross. We tried to open the window but it was jammed closed. The a/c was so loud it woke us up during the night. The bathroom tiles were cracked and dirty / moldy.

Upon check out I tried to leave the parkade. Without any warning or notification anywhere in the hotel, the lobby, the parkade elevator or even in the parkade itself, construction had started on the parkade during the night. I drove around this underground parkade by myself for about twenty minutes trying to find an exit that was not blocked off. It was a bit unnerving as the parkade was literally deserted. Eventually I called up to the front desk to get help. The bellman came down to the parkade and the two of us drove around the parkade for another twenty minutes until we were finally able to find an exit that led us out to the river valley. I then had to drive the bellman back to the hotel.

I did email the hotel at the address that was provided on their website with my comments. We have never heard back from anyone, much less even an acknowledgement that the email was read.

This whole experience was so disappointing not only to us but to the folks who gave us this generous gift.

Room Tip: There are many other decent hotels in downtown Edmonton that are available at a similar price. Shop...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Pembroke, Ont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked and pre-paid for this hotel online through travelocity. When I showed up to check in with itinerary in hand, they refused to honour it!! I was stuck downtown Edmonton with no hotel room. I left my luggage at the front desk and found a room elsewhere. The next day I went back to speak with the manager (Jacob) and he again refused to honour my pre-paid reservation. I ended up paying rack rate for my room - almost double Travelocity price. They said they would send up my luggage. It never arrived!! The bellman swore he brought it up personally and accused me of losing my own luggage. I sat in the hotel lobby all day as we fought over who lost my luggage. I ended up missing my flight and had to reschedule my flight twice at a huge expense to me. They finally found my luggage the next day. The bellman never did put it in the storage room. They sent it to a central storage accross town. This meant a huge taxi fare and hug hassle. All in all my stay here cost me an enormous amount of money and headaches. Stay here only if you are a masochist.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
R W, General Manager at Chateau Lacombe Hotel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Mr. Sutherland,

The Edmonton Police Service (EPS) confirmed that when you were taken into custody, that they accompanied both you and your luggage to police quarters.

We have reported this posting to TripAdvisor as it violates posting guidelines.

Been to Chateau Lacombe Hotel? Share your experiences!