“Love it!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau Lacombe Hotel

Save Saved
You added Chateau Lacombe Hotel to your Saves list
Chateau Lacombe Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10111 Bellamy Hill, Edmonton, Alberta T5J 1N7, Canada (Formerly Crowne Plaza Chateau Lacombe)   |
Ranked #53 of 90 hotels in Edmonton
Fort McMurray, Canada
“Love it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stay here often when I am in the city for business and I always have a great experience! This time I had the pleasure of staying on one of the newly renovated floors and was even more impressed then usual, what a wonderful job you guys are doing of restoring the place! The staff are always very friendly and helpful, Jacob especially! The fact that the hotel is unionized also plays a huge factor in my choosing to stay there and I believe it is evident in the service you receive. The location is very central and walking distance to everything you need on your stay in downtown Edmonton! Thanks and keep up the great work:)

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Had a overnight stay in the Lacombe and overall was a bit disappointed with it for the price and I got the best on line price so it could have ended up much dearer. River view room was good but windows dirty with some mould on it. the bed was huge and we had a full size fridge too, but just nothing special. Breakfast would have been $20 which is a rip off as its just a buffet and when I asked for poached eggs I was told "no" by chef but she might do them for $3 each.....
Think I could find far better value and comfort in other hotels in edmonton

Room Tip: Get a river view room
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Edmonton, Alberta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have grown up in this city and had never had the opportunity to visit this Edmonton landmark hotel. In honour of our anniversary we were given a generous gift certificate for a room as well as dinner at the La Ronde rotating restaurant. This hotel was so disappointing.

When I got to the room I immediately called the front desk to let them know a piece of the carpet in the room was missing. Instead of offering up a different room the front desk employee said 'ok, i'll make note of that' and hung up. The rest of the room was no better. Pieces of the veneer off the desk in the room were missing, there was some kind of white liquid spilled down the side of tv cabinet, the wallpaper had paint splattered all over it from what looked to be like a recent attempt at painting the ceiling, the paint on the ceiling was actually flaking right off and flakes of paint were laying on the floors.

Our room was touted as having a river valley view. The window was filthy and there was some kind of black goop or mold dripping between the panes. It was just gross. We tried to open the window but it was jammed closed. The a/c was so loud it woke us up during the night. The bathroom tiles were cracked and dirty / moldy.

Upon check out I tried to leave the parkade. Without any warning or notification anywhere in the hotel, the lobby, the parkade elevator or even in the parkade itself, construction had started on the parkade during the night. I drove around this underground parkade by myself for about twenty minutes trying to find an exit that was not blocked off. It was a bit unnerving as the parkade was literally deserted. Eventually I called up to the front desk to get help. The bellman came down to the parkade and the two of us drove around the parkade for another twenty minutes until we were finally able to find an exit that led us out to the river valley. I then had to drive the bellman back to the hotel.

I did email the hotel at the address that was provided on their website with my comments. We have never heard back from anyone, much less even an acknowledgement that the email was read.

This whole experience was so disappointing not only to us but to the folks who gave us this generous gift.

Room Tip: There are many other decent hotels in downtown Edmonton that are available at a similar price. Shop...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Pembroke, Ont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I booked and pre-paid for this hotel online through travelocity. When I showed up to check in with itinerary in hand, they refused to honour it!! I was stuck downtown Edmonton with no hotel room. I left my luggage at the front desk and found a room elsewhere. The next day I went back to speak with the manager (Jacob) and he again refused to honour my pre-paid reservation. I ended up paying rack rate for my room - almost double Travelocity price. They said they would send up my luggage. It never arrived!! The bellman swore he brought it up personally and accused me of losing my own luggage. I sat in the hotel lobby all day as we fought over who lost my luggage. I ended up missing my flight and had to reschedule my flight twice at a huge expense to me. They finally found my luggage the next day. The bellman never did put it in the storage room. They sent it to a central storage accross town. This meant a huge taxi fare and hug hassle. All in all my stay here cost me an enormous amount of money and headaches. Stay here only if you are a masochist.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
R W, General Manager at Chateau Lacombe Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Mr. Sutherland,

The Edmonton Police Service (EPS) confirmed that when you were taken into custody, that they accompanied both you and your luggage to police quarters.

We have reported this posting to TripAdvisor as it violates posting guidelines.
Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is well located in the downtown district and a short walk (5 min) to a few nice pubs/eateries (but surprisingly limited choice considering the size of the downtown area). The staff were efficient if not particularly friendly or personable. Rooms are quite comfortable, older-style decor, but starting to show signs of age. Coffee machine in room with filter coffee was handy. Didn't have breakfast at the hotel. Nice views of hillsides from adjacent to hotel and presumably from some windows. All in all, a pretty good hotel in a central location. Somehow though it is missing that welcoming feeling.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your posting.

The Chateau Lacombe Hotel is on a journey to restoring the hotel back to its former glory. Part of that transition is a 10 million dollar reinvestment towards our hotel product as well as improvements to our full guest experience.

We appreciate your valuable feedback and do hope to invite you back for a warm welcome. Please reach out to Sherry Parker, Director of Sales to arrange a return visit.

Wishing you a memorable day,
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a great place to stay. Simple and sweet. The staff is friendly and the room was clean! The fitness center could use some updates, but there is a nice gym around the corner. The hotel is located just a few blocks from the mall and various restaurant. The breakfast was nice, but it's a bit over priced.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Looked forward to staying this hotel but was disappointed with stay. Felt like a motel like atmosphere. The rooms were updated and clean but found it noisy as the hotel is located beside a major roadway. The noise from the halls echoed into the rooms. Location of the hotel was ok..close enough to the river and town but felt a little uneasy at night...felt like it was on the edge of a seedy area..

Really surprised that they rate themselves as a 3.5 star hotel..I would of given it a solid 2 star but give it another half star to 2.5 because of the updated rooms. Definitely would not stay here again..

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Chateau Lacombe Hotel? Share your experiences!