“Needs some serious upgrades” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau Lacombe Hotel

You added Chateau Lacombe Hotel to your Saves list
Chateau Lacombe Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10111 Bellamy Hill, Edmonton, Alberta T5J 1N7, Canada (Formerly Crowne Plaza Chateau Lacombe)   |
Ranked #56 of 90 Hotels in Edmonton
“Needs some serious upgrades”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

We chose to stay at this hotel for our anniversary due to the fact we were dinning at La Ronde so we figured stay at the hotel. When I initially booked I could not believe I got an executive suite for the price I did! I thought I must have gotten a great deal....

Pro's and Cons

Pros-Check in was great, Vallet was quick, beds where comfortable. La Ronde Restaurant amazing.

Cons-This hotel needs some MAJOR updates, with the amount of competition out there, there is no need for them to be that outdated. Our room was huge yes, but so outdated it was ugly. no baseboards, old ragged furniture, gross tile in the bathroom. so much wasted space it was pointless. the only thing semi new was the TV. I'm surprised it wasn't a tube TV. I have stayed at many hotels in Edmonton and for there reputation I felt like Motel 8 had better rooms....

Breakfast what a joke, $40.00 it cost for a buffet of canned fruit, stale sausages, and bland waffles. I felt so ripped off after that I wish we would have gone to Mc Donalds, lol it would have tasted way better and would have been way cheaper.

Would I recommend NO. I would recommend the La Ronde but never the hotel. They need some serious work.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
R W, Director of Sales at Chateau Lacombe Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Chateau Lacombe Hotel.

We appreciate the great feedback on our Guest Service Team including Bellmen. We are extremely proud of the La Ronde Restaurant. Personally, I’m so pleased that you had an enjoyable dining experience for your memorable celebration

I’m pleased to share that in May 2013, the hotel was purchased and under new Ownership and a new Leadership team, The Chateau Lacombe Hotel will be restored to its former glory.

We are under current refurbishment to four floors of guest rooms. These 63 guest rooms are in the midst of new wall and window coverings, carpet, case goods, and bathroom renovation. These new Club Floor Concierge rooms will have access an exclusive Concierge club lounge, private concierge and additional amenities for our discerning guests.

In addition, several million dollars have been reinvested into the hotel. Completed to date is:

• Phase One of an extensive hotel parkade repair and renovation
• Full lobby restroom renovation
• Our 9,000 sq.ft. ballroom has just received 700 ballroom chairs
• In the next week, La Ronde will undergo a refresh with all new chairs, window coverings and décor
• Our lobby and promenade furniture will arrive this week

Many of our guests enjoy the breakfast buffet in the Café Lacombe. I’m sorry that you were disappointed.

We would welcome the opportunity to make this right for your and to experience the new Chateau Lacombe.

Be well,

Richard Wong
VP & General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Red Deer, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

On November 30, 2013 my wife and I had the opportunity to stay at the Chateau Lacombe in Edmonton,Alberta,Canada to celebrate my 67th birthday. With the assistance of Joanne Belisle we booked a venus package that although sounded expensive let me assure you for what we received it was well worth it. It included a fabulous room complete with pastries and wine accompanied by breakfast the next morning. The best thing of all was that it inluded a four course supper in the revolving Laronde Restaurant including drinks,fantastic meal and desserts. What made the dining experience so enjoyable was the professional service by our waiter Dean Takata who was fantastic to say the least and a true professional. Hats off to you dean for "service excellence".

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Decent hotel, friendly staff, comfortable beds, rooms clean. I would rate this hotel 4/5 easily except i stayed there on a night when the temperature was below -30C and there was no power for plugging your vehicle in. I asked before i went there and the said there were plugins, but whats the point when they have the breakers turned off. Luckily we drove our newer vehicle and was able to get it started.

I understand they want to save money for power, but we did pay money for the room and a couple bucks to keep my motor warm would of been nice. Also it is an Impark parkade so maybe its their responsibility but the hotel does have a deal with them to allow for guest parking. Anyways, if you have an older vehicle that dosent start in the cold you might want to consider this if its a cold night.

Also i do have a light on my cord to indicate there's power and there was nothing.

Still i would definetly stay here again, but i might consider a taxi next time if its cold.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Peace River, Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Stayed here for a hockey game in October, stayed in the King Executive Suite, amazing value for the price. So close to LRT station for easy access to Rexall. The place is a little dated and could use an upgrade. The view on the river side is pretty cool. I paid 175 on Hotels.com. Service was excellent, friendly staff and comfortable beds. Rooms are a little stained and like I said could use a reno soon but very clean and upkeep has been good. I highly recommend it, best bang for your buck in downtown Edmonton. I have stayed at the Delta, Matrix and Alberta Suites in the downtown area before. Best hotel I have stayed at is the matrix but it's expensive and terrible parking area. This place has covered parking and it was free for one night but had to pay by 6am the next day since it was a weekday (that was not cool).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
victoria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

My wife was attending The Western CAURA Conference workshops attended by B.C. Universities Administrators, held this year in Edmonton. It was being held at The Chateau Lacombe, an elegant hotel with friendly helpful staff.It was central to downtown shopping and entertainment. Edmonton has great bus and underground light transit transportation to places that are alittle too far to walk. It has 2 in house Restaurants and Lounges. You can access their website and see what each has to offer. My wife and I enjoyed our stay and we would stay there again if we are ever in Edmonton.

Room Tip: View of the river is nice.