“Decent hotel in downtown” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau Lacombe Hotel

Save Saved
You added Chateau Lacombe Hotel to your Saves list
Chateau Lacombe Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10111 Bellamy Hill, Edmonton, Alberta T5J 1N7, Canada (Formerly Crowne Plaza Chateau Lacombe)   |
Ranked #53 of 90 hotels in Edmonton
Edmonton, Canada
“Decent hotel in downtown”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Decent hotel, friendly staff, comfortable beds, rooms clean. I would rate this hotel 4/5 easily except i stayed there on a night when the temperature was below -30C and there was no power for plugging your vehicle in. I asked before i went there and the said there were plugins, but whats the point when they have the breakers turned off. Luckily we drove our newer vehicle and was able to get it started.

I understand they want to save money for power, but we did pay money for the room and a couple bucks to keep my motor warm would of been nice. Also it is an Impark parkade so maybe its their responsibility but the hotel does have a deal with them to allow for guest parking. Anyways, if you have an older vehicle that dosent start in the cold you might want to consider this if its a cold night.

Also i do have a light on my cord to indicate there's power and there was nothing.

Still i would definetly stay here again, but i might consider a taxi next time if its cold.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Peace River, Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Stayed here for a hockey game in October, stayed in the King Executive Suite, amazing value for the price. So close to LRT station for easy access to Rexall. The place is a little dated and could use an upgrade. The view on the river side is pretty cool. I paid 175 on Hotels.com. Service was excellent, friendly staff and comfortable beds. Rooms are a little stained and like I said could use a reno soon but very clean and upkeep has been good. I highly recommend it, best bang for your buck in downtown Edmonton. I have stayed at the Delta, Matrix and Alberta Suites in the downtown area before. Best hotel I have stayed at is the matrix but it's expensive and terrible parking area. This place has covered parking and it was free for one night but had to pay by 6am the next day since it was a weekday (that was not cool).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
victoria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

My wife was attending The Western CAURA Conference workshops attended by B.C. Universities Administrators, held this year in Edmonton. It was being held at The Chateau Lacombe, an elegant hotel with friendly helpful staff.It was central to downtown shopping and entertainment. Edmonton has great bus and underground light transit transportation to places that are alittle too far to walk. It has 2 in house Restaurants and Lounges. You can access their website and see what each has to offer. My wife and I enjoyed our stay and we would stay there again if we are ever in Edmonton.

Room Tip: View of the river is nice.
Manhattan, KS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I enjoyed staying in this hotel. Nice views from the rooms. All the restaurants and cafes that you need (including Tim Horton's, Starbucks etc.) are one block away, just straight ahead. Internet is free. Downstairs breakfast overpriced (that's a usual thing). My room was very comfortable. No complaints!

Hinton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

The night was blustery and an icy drive into Edmonton mid November , we arrived about 7 pm and were greeted at the door and directed to the desk by the valet , at the desk we were promptly greeted by the assistant desk manager , and we were given room 1610 and we were told where we could park in the underground parking , we have a Chev Tahoe and it is just short enough to fit (tall 4x4 will not fit) . We got in the garage elevator and went to the main level and transferred to the main elevator to get up to the 16th floor . the hallways are circular so we walked around to get to our doorway , upon entering we saw a huge room with very nice furnishings and a grand King size bed with tons of pillows , sitting chairs , a writing table , dresser and end tables and a high view of the city lights , ( I would suggest a room on the other side to get a view of the river valley and Parliament bldgs.) We settled in and found the ice machine (1 on each floor) and settled in for a drink and turned on the 32 inch tv (a little small for such a big room so I had to put my glasses on to see clearly (imagine complaining the room was too big , lol) We could have gone to the bar or the very nice restaurant but we were lazy so sent out for a Pizza Hut Pizza and 30 minutes later we had our large pizza and we watched tv and had another drink and went to bed . We slept in a little Saturday morning (we normally get up at 4 am for work) made our in room coffee and made our way down to the lobby to checkout at 10am (we had til noon) paid $133 including $15 for parking and went on our way , we did not stop at the hotel restaurant for the $19 smorg breakfast as shopping awaited us ,all in all a very nice stay (by the way they allow pets)

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the river park side
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
alberta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

The furnishings in the room are very dated. There were wear marks on all the furniture. The bed was as hard as a rock. No pillow top on the mattress. It was a very old mattress. I have honestly had a better sleep in much cheaper hotels. Our room rate was $210 per night. The pillows were also hard and lumpy, The buffet on saturday morning was nothing special.

corunna on
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I have stayed here several times due to the downtown location, however it seems that each time I stay, the service is worse than the last. The hotel is rundown and really needs to be updated. The restaurant on the main level is adequate, but not a place to eat dinner. The front desk staff was not very attentive until they discovered I booked with an outside agency and then argued with me about the price I paid!! I was stunned at the treatment and showed them my confirmation email....after that the front staff manager found me in the restaurant and asked me if I would send this to them via email as they were upset at the 'deal' I got!! This was all above board, I booked through Expedia or some similar place as I always do. To say it was shocking, annoying and very poor guest relations would be putting it mildly. These things are just not what I look for in a hotel and I'll be staying elsewhere for now on.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Chateau Lacombe Hotel? Share your experiences!