“Amazing Dining Experience” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Edmonton, Canada
“Amazing Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I did not stay in the Hotel as I live in Edmonton, but went there for dinner on Friday evening. This was my first time being in the Hotel Macdonald and to say I was impressed was an understatement. The decor, the atmosphere, the staff were all amazing. Our waiter was Santana, and he was very attentive but not in your face attentive - he always knew when we needed something. The food was incredible! we took 3 hours to have dinner, and my husband and I will be making a reservation for our anniversary in the summer. I believe we have found our "go to" place for special events..or events when you want to feel special :)

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

When we arrived at 3;45 PM our room was not ready, they offered an upgrade for a reduced rate of $20 which we accepted. The overall experience was excellent with the exception of the food and service in the lounge. The Harvest Room is closed for renovation so we had lunch in the lounge. We ordered 2 soups and a sandwich which took 40 minutes to arrive. The sandwich was not as described on the menu but the server said that's the way it comes, at this point we were in a rush so didn't argue. On checkout they were kind enough to reduce the food and beverage bill. This is still a great place if your stay requires you to be in Edmonton centre. I will return.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side with a river view are quieter. Depending on the location of the north side r...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Dinner in the Harvest Room after a long day, the service and Crown Royal superb to start. We had no appetizers, the main courses we had were beef tenderloin with beetroot hollandaise which was fantastic. Also my wife had the Sablefish which may be better known as Black Cod was quite good. For desert I had the Creme Brule infused with lavender. ......fantastic! My wife had the chocolate mousse which seemed quite dense, but delicious all the same. Spanish coffee was good however did not have the caramelized sugar rim, however delicious anyway. Our server Jacob should be commended he did a good job everything was as it should have been. I would have expected white linen table cloths. I would highly recommend for any occasion, historical building, ambiance, perfect.
Dan Cookson
30 year's professional chef
trained in fine french cuisine and nouvelle cuisine

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This place is a little gem. The rates are reasonable, the location is handy and the staff are uber friendly. It's a beautiful place ...now 100 years old, but modernized sympathetically. The food was very good and reasonable. I'd have to say this is the best place to stay in Edmonton. It even has a lobby dog named Smudge!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Grande Prairie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The Fairmont McDonald is the perfect venue for a girls getaway, we stayed in our rooms for a lovely dinner, in our hotel robes for room service. Just because we loved the atmosphere so much. Then we went to the Bryan Adams concert and returned to Valet Parking and comfy beds. Wonderful memories for me and my best friend.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends

Edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Mine and hubby's weekend away..loved everthing about...the service was excellent, especially in the conferation roo..the view was out of this world..forgot how beautiful our city is. Can't wait to come back

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Drayton Valley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was staying elsewhere downtown Edmonton and getting harassed every time I had to walk through the parking garage alone so I checked out and escaped to the Fairmont. When I called to book, I mentioned I felt sick and stressed. I went straight to the Fairmont and immediately to bed. When I got to my room (maybe only 20 minutes after booking over the phone) there was a pot of hot water and a selection of calming herbal teas waiting for me. It was so nice and thoughtful.
The hotel parking (valet) was far more secure than other hotels downtown. For the first time in a week, I didn't have to worry about getting mugged.
Well worth it to me.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

GarrettTurta, General Manager at The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Safety and security of our guests is first and foremost and I am very happy to hear your comments.

We do pride ourselves on service and attention to detail and I am very happy my team was able to ensure a comfortable stay while away from home. I will ensure your comments are shared with my team.

We do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Regards,

Garrett Turta

Been to The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald? Share your experiences!