“Good room” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #67 of 90 Hotels in Edmonton
Amble, United Kingdom
“Good room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed here for 16 days in November and was surprised at how good it was, good room with a comfortable bed, coffee maker and microwave plus a sofa and a good size flat screen tv made my stay a pleasant one , there is a small restaurant beside the lobby serving good and inexpensive food and a decent bar with friendly staff.
The room also was quite cheap considering the location of the hotel.
I would definitely stay here again .

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014

Stopped in to have some eats and drinks while in the area (Rexall), to my surprise there was a great band playing that played tonnes of hits we loved! The drinks were crisp and the food was excellent, .. Homemade Salsa was to die for!! The staff was very nice and attentive. This lounge is a gem.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

I was attending the '1984 Edmonton Oiler's Stanley Cup Team Reunion Event' on Oct 10th, 2014. Excellent! As I was traveling solo and being an older lady I wanted a convenient hotel within safe walking distance to Rexall Place. After a few bumps with the hotel not having my reservation from booking.com which has the wrong address of hotel and my reservation was lost, I cancelled booking.com and made my reservation directly. Hotel very convenient to get to, the rooms were nice and I felt safe. Walking to an event at Rexall Place was no problem. You walk along a wide pedestrian sidewalk along the Yellowhead Freeway to a side street with a direction sign indicating the way to the Northlands Coliseum (Rexall Place). You walk along this industrial road that has fans parking their cars on the street to attend the event so it is safe with people walking to Rexall Place also. You then go thru the Coliseum LRT stop (up and down flights of stairs - they do have elevators - and walk through the underground corridor under the tracks to the Collesium doors close by!). So this Motor Inn is close to Rexall Place, easy safe walk, the coffee shop is good and open all day and evening for a meal when you need. The coffee, Breakfast and Lunch was excellent! The rooms are big. The only issues were I could clearly hear the next rooms conversation in the late afternoon and thought oh no, but they were only loud in the afternoon and out in the hallway after returning to their room late in the night, but were very quiet after that. Also my dead bolt did not work, so I used the chain and propped a chair under the door knob. There is a mini fridge, microwave, table and chairs, A/C, or a window that opens. Lovely bed and plenty of pillow choices; new TV; Kuerig coffee maker, and new curtains coming. My room was at the back and perhaps quieter than if you got a room facing the busy roads out the front. All in all a great stay with Sands Inn & Suites in NW Edmonton (booking.com has wrong address, will never use them again). I have traveled the world, all seven continents and over 50 countries so have stayed in many high end and low end places and this Inn was great!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back may be quieter!
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Grande Prairie, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

The hotel is newly renovated and look really okey, the reception was excellent, and well trained, he knows expertly what to do and how to offer helps. the room are wide and comfortable, wifi available, and karaoke and bar are open. The rooms are clean but need some improvement . The cable was working but the TV need to be reset to restore normal default. The room have a little fridge and a microwave. The ac worked well and the bedding are clean and comfortable, only that the pillows was not comfortable. But generally the hotel is quite and ok

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Christee R, General Manager at Sands Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Renovations are continuing nicely, and I thank you for the comments!
Our front desk specialists pride themselves in customer service!
I will request that our House keeping checks all pillows in our Hotel.
Hope to see you on your next “Getaway”
Christee – General Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Presently residing at this hotel on long term and i must say, it may not be a 5 star hotel but the service is equivelent, the food is great, the video game room acompanied by the bar has friendly staff as well as the front desk, patient and helpful. The rooms are a little small but it's cozy and clean!

• Stayed August 2014
Christee R, General Manager at Sands Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Thank you for the comments!
As a TEAM we are all working hard to offer our guests 100% satisfaction!
I am pleased that by your comment, it shows our hard work is paying off!
Hinton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

We were met with rudeness at the front desk, followed by ridicule because my last name is hyphenated and then they demanded 300.00 for our room stay because I wanted to pay with cash not a credit card. The only reason we stayed is because we didn't have time to look elsewhere. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014
Christee R, General Manager at Sands Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Most Hotels requires a valid credit card to register. Your cash deposit was refunded upon your check out immediately the next day. All customers generally apppreciate that this exception is made when not able to have a credit card of their own.
I apologize for your inconvenience.
Christee – General Manager
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

In a hotel I expect a clean room and a good sleep. We are waiting for possession date on our home and required alternative accommodation for a month. We tried two other hotels in the area that were simply unliveable. Other than being clean, real comfortable sleeps and good food here; we found the staff to be respectable, responsive and willing to cater to any need. The manager is approachable, always smiling and loves her guests. Sure the outside is under construction but there is no noise in the hotel. Last night we splurged and listened to free live music in the lounge and thoroughly enjoyed supper. What a treat. If you smoke they have a room for that, if you have a pet they will accommodate you, if you have special needs they are there. I like clean air and our room is wonderful. It is close to downtown, Rexall Place Coliseum at a portion of the actual value. Don't pay any attention to the redneck complaints I've read they don't add up. This is a Gem we are happy to live in for a day a week or a month. Keep my reservation we will be back.

Room Tip: As there is no pool you probably save a few dollars as most people don't use them anymore. A lou...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
We are working hard so that all of our customers are as accommodated and satisfied as you were in our Hotel. Thank you for your comments!
You are correct! We are a GEM starting to shine and pleased with our changes!
We are PET FRIENDLY - We of offer SMOKING & NON SMOKING - 24 Hour FRONT DESK - Full Licensed Restaurant & A NEWLY RENOVATED LOUNGE!
Fridays are KARAOKE – Saturdays are LIVE ENTERTAINMENT – Sundays JAM SESSION

Been to Sands Hotel? Share your experiences!