“Pleasant Surprise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Accent European Lounge

Accent European Lounge
8223 104 Street, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (Strathcona)
780-431-0179
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Accent European Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #251 of 1,961 restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Central European, Bistro
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Strathcona
Cross street: Whyte Avenue
Transit: Accent is a half block north of Whyte avenue, a route that is accessible by a large number of bus routes.
Edmonton, Canada
“Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I actually tried Packrat Louie's first, but since it was new year's eve, they were full. As I tried to think of what other restaurant I might like to try, I stumbled across Accent and decided to give it a shot. I'm glad I did. They seated me at the bar since I was alone and it was a busy night. The atmosphere was lively and the bartender was friendly. The beer selection was a little disappointing, but it wasn't swill. I had the special, and it was terrific. I will definitely go back, maybe when it's a little calmer and I can get a table!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

70% Recommend
Vancouver, Canada
“Great spot- memorable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

I stumbled across this eatery last night by chance, and it was like winning a lottery.

First, I was welcomed in and seated in a fine spot, the restaurant was bustling and my server was very busy attending to the other guests, she always was there for me when I needed her

They have a smallish food menu but it is clearly filled with specialties. I had the schnitzel which was world class, complete with fresh, individually decorated veggies. The wine was 1/2 off on Tuesday so that was an added bonus

Il be back again for sure!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“Great Crowd and Drinks...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I've been living in Edmonton and going to Whyte Ave for 4 years now, I have never stepped foot into Accent until last weekend when everything else was full. It was fantastic. I thought it would be too stuffy for us, but far from it. Great 30-something crowd, great atmosphere, surprisingly reasonably priced drinks (both craft beers and mixed drinks, excellent pours and mixes). Looks pretentious, but far from it, I hope more people discover this gem.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Edmonton,AB
“Big disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We (3 women) booked the restaurant as none of us had been here before and because it was part of the "Fork Fest" program. One of our party had booked it on the phone and had been assured that the "Fork Fest" menu was available for our booking and even discussed the choices and the price. I got there first, it was not busy at all, the server brought over the menus and I asked about "Fork Fest". "Oh" she said, "That doesn't start till Sunday". When the other women arrived, we again discussed this with the server and were told sorry, starts Sunday.

We decided to stay for dinner anyway, but should have left. We started off with a bottle of Proseco which was not cold, despite being assured it came from the fridge. The 2 appetizers which we shared were very average (Brusheta, grilled shrimp) and we were charged an extra $1.00 because we asked for an extra piece of bread!! The dinner menu consisted of Pasta/Bowls and the entrée section was mainly sandwiches!! We all chose the same item - chicken with mushrooms in a cream sauce surrounded by a ring of duchesse potatoes. Small portions, contained 6 cubes of chicken and the duchesses potatoes were actually flavorless mashed potatoes. Skipped dessert...cost was $120!! Will not be back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Canada
“Cozy little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is a cozy little European bistro with a great atmosphere. Pretty small with dark wood paneling and small tables. Although a bit upscale not pretentious and you can go in casual attire without feeling out of place. A very interesting beer menu if you like craft beer, and the best steak tartar in town.

• Visited March 2013