I cannot say enough good things about the service we experienced at this hotel. From the phone call with Debbie while making our reservation, to the quick and friendly check-in, through til the time we checked out we were greeted with warmth, smiles and enthusiasm. We truly felt appreciated as guests and that goes a long way toward encouraging our return to this property. And as a military family making frequent trips to Edmonton this year, odds are very good that we will have need to return. It was well worth the extra drive to stay here instead of at the hotels nearer the airport.
We had a suite booked and it was beautiful. The king bed was extremely comfortable, the room was spacious, and the kids enjoyed having their own space as well. The bathroom was huge and appeared to be well maintained. The "dinner and a movie" basket of goodies that was part of our stay was a delight and really added a special touch for the kids in particular.
The pool is great for families, with a shallow area and fun sprinklers for the little ones, a waterslide for the older kids, and a relaxing hot tub for mom and dad.
The hotel's restaurant, the "Homefire Grill", was a treat for us with a good variety of dishes offered at reasonable prices, and a very cozy atmosphere. Dinner for the four of us (no drinks or dessert) came in at under $50.00. The breakfast provided by the hotel was excellent with eggs, sausage, bagels, fruit, yogurt, juices, coffee, tea, and of course waffles!!
As for value - this hotel definitely scores points in this category. The rates are competitive with other properties, but the offering is much better.
Even the layout of the hotel shows some thought in the small things - it was appreciated by us all that we did not have to walk through the lobby to get to and from the pool, but just had to get off the elevator and walk a short hallway.
I have only a few small criticisms... The hot tub could stand to be cleaned more often, as the bottom was gritty. And in order to have the sprinklers/water slide turned on, one must go to the front desk and request it. (Maybe there could be some thought given to providing on/off switches in the main pool area?) The bathtub in the room was extremely slippery, so be prepared (or perhaps the management could consider either tub mats or non-skid coating?). And for some reason there was very little information in the room about hotel services, local restaurants, etc.
Aside from these very small things, this stay was stellar from start to finish. We would definitely recommend and return to this property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located minutes from the West Edmonton Mall, Wingate Inn Edmonton West offers 105 guestrooms and suites. Renovated in 2010, guest amenities include an indoor waterpark featuring a pool, hot tub, waterslide, mushroom and fitness centre. For the business traveller we have a 24/7 business centre, free wireless internet, large writing desk in all rooms, and catered meeting rooms. All guests receive free parking, in-room safe, microwave and fridge, as well as a FREE deluxe hot breakfast for each night of their stay. Relax, it's included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Wyndham, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Edmonton West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wingate By Wyndham Edmonton West Hotel Edmonton
- Edmonton Wyndham
- Wingate By Wyndham Edmonton West Alberta