Upon looking at the photos of the hotel me a few friends decided to head out to edmonton for a few days. Our flight arrived early morning and check in was not until 3pm so prior to arrival we made sure that the hotel would be able to hold our luggage until check in. When we arrived this was not the case we had no where to place our luggage and the staff acted as we were rediculous for asking this of them. It took about 30 minutes before they would find a place to keep it until check in. We left for the day and arrived back at he hotel at 3:45pm which is 45 min after the check in time and my room was not ready not even started to be prepared for us. It took until 515pm for us to finally get into our room. After ll of this hassle and our early morning flights we were ready to relax. The next morning we wake up trying to forget yesterday and go to eat the continental breakfast, but it happens that nearly all of the food was taken by the other families staying here and NOTHING was being replaced. I ended up having to settle for a yougurt and a cup of juice out of all of the food that was there. This continued almost everyday that we were there. The staff didn't even want to do anything for us. We asked for towels and an extra pillow and we didnt receieve it without having to call 2 more times. The free shuttle service was teh most dissapointing service they provided. We booked the shuttle 24 hours in advance as requested by the hotel, each day they did not have record of us booking it and many times left us stranded in the heart of downtown edmonton or at least 20 minutes from the hotel. On our final day happy to get home the hotel shuttle was saposed to pick us up from the mall so that we could catch our prepaid airport shuttle back to catch out flight. The hotel shuttle did not come to bring us back and when the driver to the airport asked the hotel staff where we were the staff advised the driver to leave. Now we were pretty ticked off and were going to miss our flight. We taxied back to the hotel and demanded that they take us to the airport because they turned away our 60$ prepaid ride to the airport. It took nearly an hour before someone would take us to the airport. Finally we arrrived for the final boarding call. And I really would advise you to NOT stay here. The hotel itself looks fantastic but the service was completely terrible and no one treated us like guests just problems that they had to deal with. The staff's inability to think is the biggest downfall. If you're in Edmonton stay somewhere else please.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located minutes from the West Edmonton Mall, Wingate Inn Edmonton West offers 105 guestrooms and suites. Renovated in 2010, guest amenities include an indoor waterpark featuring a pool, hot tub, waterslide, mushroom and fitness centre. For the business traveller we have a 24/7 business centre, free wireless internet, large writing desk in all rooms, and catered meeting rooms. All guests receive free parking, in-room safe, microwave and fridge, as well as a FREE deluxe hot breakfast for each night of their stay. Relax, it's included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Edmonton West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wingate By Wyndham Edmonton West Hotel Edmonton
- Edmonton Wyndham
- Wingate By Wyndham Edmonton West Alberta