“Family liked it” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
“Family liked it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Agree with others.Hole in the wall but good food inside. If you don't know what to Oder just ask. Sever very helpful. Don't park south of the building you'll get a ticket.

Edmonton, Canada
“Delicious Food at a hole in the wall restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

From the outside, Syphay is very unassuming (I've driven past it several times without realizing it was there), but the food was fantastic. We eat a fair amount of Thai food and this is the best we've had in quite a while. Service was good, and fast, and the food was yummy.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Tasty Food Despite the Looks of the Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Yes, the outside looks nasty, the service was slow, and the place could use a general facelift, but the food was extremely well prepared. Just had the lunch special which consisted of 5 tasty and greaseless spring rolls along with a green tofu curry and some of the best coconut rice we have tasted. Throughout the meal, people from all walks of life came in to pick up orders they had phoned in, another indication the restaurant serves good food. If they just did a little investment on a facelift, the place would really take off. They have another restaurant downtown which the waitress said look much better so try thatne at 9445 Jasper.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“Pad Thai is the way to go”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Tried this for the first time a little while ago (the location on Gateway), and I'm certainly glad I did. We tried the pad thai, and it was fantastic. I ordered mine a bit spicy, and it came out just right. Others in our party that have been to Thailand suggested it was the most authentic pad thai they have had outside of Thailand. The coconut rice is also a great side! The restaurant is a little cramped, but still ok. Parking, however, is quite difficult and you should be ready for that.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alberta
“Nothing positive about my experience!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was hesitant to try this "restaurant" but my mother had read some good reviews and convinced me to go. Upon arriving we both questioned whether we would proceed with our plans. Frankly, the outside of the building looks like somewhere one might acquire food poisoning. I had driven past this place so many times and always failed to notice it. If I had, I would have assumed it was a condemned abandoned building! We were skeptical about eating here after seeing the condition the "restaurant" was in, and only ended up ordering a few dishes that the waitress recommended. We barely touched what we ordered, the flavours were very ... unique, but not in a good way. The dishes with seafood in them were inedible because they had a very prominent fishy taste which was very unappealing. I think the fish was off, and they should not have been serving it. Needless to say we will not be returning.

• Visited February 2013