“Has Gone Downhill...” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
High Prairie, Canada
“Has Gone Downhill...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Have stayed here several times as good location for our planned stay and was always very pleased - having said this, we always stayed in the main building but this time were given a room in the detached building and were not aware of this until check-in. A short outside walk with luggage took us to our building. What hit us right away was the cleanliness of the entry and elevator as being not so good.

The King room was clean and adequately appointed, comfortable and spacious. There was no sofa or sofa bed which required a cot at a disappointing extra cost. Has a fitness centre but no pool.

Sleep quality was poor as the road noise (Kingsway Ave.) was loud and we could hear just about every move made by the guest in the room above - the noise form the hallway was also very disturbing.

When asked on checkout how our stay was, I related the noise issues and they didn't care in the least.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
NovaEdmGM, General Manager at Chateau Nova Hotel & Suites Edmonton-Kingsway, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
I was so disappointed to hear about the troubles with your stay. There is no excuse for any cleanliness issues and I will have them addressed immediately. Our addition building is very popular with many of our guests who prefer the size and layout of the rooms and enjoy being away from the main building, I'm sorry that room type didn't work for you. I will follow up with the front desk, as they need to be asking for our guests feedback and then acting on it. All the best. Chris Short, GM.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
MACKLIN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Room was very comfortable. The staff was so helpful. Got there a little early, but room was ready. Front desk was very helpful. gave us the promotion for oiler game day price which we didn't know about till I was reading in the program after game. All the girls were really friendly. Thanks Chateau Nova will stay with you again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Regi0nalsalesmanager, Regional Sales Manager at Chateau Nova Hotel & Suites Edmonton-Kingsway, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Thank-you for your feedback.
We are always happy to hear that are guests are pleased with the level of customer service they receive.
All the best to you - Mindy Smythe
Medicine Hat, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Totally friendly and accommodating staff! Room clean, well organized and suited our every need! from wi fi to micro, fridge toaster, coffee, dishes! Greatly priced and lots of room! Would gladly stay there again! Hats off to all! Next doctor visits.. definitely a must to stay!

Room Tip: We were in the separate building due to needs of another but was perfect!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
NovaEdmGM, General Manager at Chateau Nova Hotel & Suites Edmonton-Kingsway, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Linda, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about the Chateau Nova Kingsway. It's always great to read good reviews and the staff really appreciate the kudo's. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. All the best, Chris Short. General Manager.
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times over the last couple months for business and I enjoy it very much. Very friendly staff that are fast and efficient at check in. Really good breakfast buffet with again, friendly staff that offer swift pleasant service. The rooms are large and spacious with a fridge and microwave. I have not been in the main restaurant off the lobby(different from the breakfast area) but the room service is always on time and excellent. The location is right on the Yellowhead which is very convenient for the business traveller that does not like or need to stay downtown. This is my go to spot in Edmonton.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed here for 4 weeks in June, 2013 - for medical treatment with my chihuahua. Great room & best kitchenette ever. Amazing & friendly staff - good food - great service. Will definately stay again and highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
NovaEdmGM, General Manager at Chateau Nova Hotel & Suites Edmonton-Kingsway, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Chateau Nova Kingsway. I was very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again, but hopefully for pleasure not for another medical stay. All the best, Chris Short, GM.
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We have hosted several weekend classes at the Chateau Nova, and I must say, the service is second to none. We are very specific about our requirements, and we get what we ask for, every time. Usually we work with Honey or Rudolf, and their whole crew is polite and willing to bend over backwards to make us happy. The food is excellent and is always brought to our meeting room on time. They respect our requirement to not interrupt or knock on the classroom door, and will therefore wait outside the door until we open it to bring in our meals. They are happy to make accommodations for food allergies, such as gluten-free requirements. When we need help in setting up the meeting room, they are more than happy to help. When we had a graduation ceremony there, they kept the room and the bar open late to accommodate our guests, even though many had left.
We have held these classes in other hotels, but the Chateau Nova far surpassed my experience at any of the other hotels. If you are looking for a place to hold a conference with superior customer service, the Chateau Nova is the place!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Regi0nalsalesmanager, Regional Sales Manager at Chateau Nova Hotel & Suites Edmonton-Kingsway, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank-you very kindly for your review.
We are always pleased to hear when our hotels and staff are not only meeting but exceeding guests expectations.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel many times throughout the future.
Sincerely -Mindy Smythe
Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

First off, I have to say that I have stayed at the Chateau Nova numerous times in the past and have always been treated very well by the staff here, including on this trip to Edmonton. Check in was great, the front desk staff very courteous and efficient. I had absolutely no problems with the services received at this stay. I was however disappointed to see the condition of the hotel since the last time I stayed here which was about 3 years ago. I immediately noticed that the lobby didn't look very well kept. Once I stepped off the elevator onto the second floor I really noticed the carpeting looks frayed and appears to need replacement or repair. The snack machine on the second floor also didn't work, my friend tried to use it and it ate his money. Walking down the hall the smell of cigarette smoke permeated the air especially near my room. My room in general was nice, comfortable and clean however I could smell stale cigarette smoke in the air. I am sure I had booked a non-smoking room, however it is clear this room was smoked in at some point in time. Not very pleasant for non-smoker to have to endure it. Thankfully I was able to leave the window open and let my air room out each evening. Overall this stay I would rate as average. The hotel overall looks like it needs some attention to maintenance. Frayed carpets, broken vending machines, chipped paint, smelly hallways, smoke smell in non-smoking rooms - all of these things would make me a bit hesitant to stay again. For the same money I could stay in a new hotel elsewhere. Its sad to see this because your location is perfect being near Nait and Kingsway, as well as just being a short drive to downtown. This hotel would do well to improve their conditions before the whole place turns into a dump.

Room Tip: ENSURE if you are a non-smoker that they don't give you a stinky room like I was given. It was d...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
NovaEdmGM, General Manager at Chateau Nova Hotel & Suites Edmonton-Kingsway, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of the Chateau Nova Kingsway. I appreciated all of your comments and assure you we are working to rectify those shortcomings. Please feel free to contact me directly at any time I can be of assistance. All the best, Chris Short, GM.

Been to Chateau Nova Hotel & Suites Edmonton-Kingsway? Share your experiences!