“Good but not memorable” 4 of 5 stars

10150 101 Street, Edmonton, Alberta T5J 4G8, Canada
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lux Steakhouse and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #259 of 1,887 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Commerce Place
Transit: LUX is directly adjacent to the major bus routes along Jasper Avenue and sits right above the Central LRT (Light Rail Transit) station, with linking stops at Commonwealth Stadium, Rexall Place, University of Alberta and Health Sciences Centre.
Calgary, Canada
“Good but not memorable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were there as a group of nine about three weeks ago. I cannot recall any highlights that would indicate this to be a memorable experience although the service was very good by our waitress and the wine steward.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sherwood Park, Canada
“Service Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We had a gift certificate and was worried going into this higher end restaurant as we had 2 babies with us. Not sure we would be welcomed. Quite the opposite. Our baby chairs were set up and the server took our order quickly for the babies. A mouthwatering Mac and Cheese(with lobster) appeared. Hard to feed this to the babies without all of us nibbling..ooing and awing. Immediately the chef appears to make sure everything was okay for the kids..he took out some spicer ingredients so don't judge the food...you have to be kidding, just thinking about it now, my stomach is rumbling. The chef appeared again to confirm our meals were acceptable. All was great. Thanks for the wonderful experience!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Great food & considerate service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

If you love steak, this is your place! While it is expensive, it is well worth it, as the food & service are excellent. Indeed, when I ate there, my dessert was taking a little longer to come. I complained about this to the waiter, and he made sure it would come very soon. In the end, I got the dessert for free! It is things like this which would make me come again!

Visited August 2012
Montreal, Canada
“This restaurant made my trip to Edmonton memorable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

My wife and I went out to the Lux for my birthday, and had one of the best meals of our life. Everything we had was perfectly prepared and tasted heavenly. We were recommended a bottle of wine which has since become a favorite. We had a bit of an issue with desert, but the server was fantastic and never hesitated in removing it from the bill.

I had seen some mixed reviews before going so I wasn't expecting much, my expectations ended up being blown away. I look forward to visiting the Lux at my next special outing in Edmonton.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“We're Always Treated Like Royalty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We haven't visited in awhile, simply because we like to try different restaurants. Every time we have been there we are treated like royalty. The atmosphere is nice with a hip & happening lounge area, we've also held a surprise birthday party in one of the private rooms & were treated so well. The food is good as is the service. Arguably top 10 restaurants in Edmonton, Top 20 for sure.

• Visited December 2011