“Wouldn't go back ...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Alloy

Alloy
220 42 Ave SE, Calgary, Alberta T2G 1Y4, Canada (Alyth - Bonnybrook - Manchester)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Alloy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #290 of 2,769 Restaurants in Calgary
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Alyth - Bonnybrook - Manchester
Cross street: 42 Ave. and Macleod Trail
“Wouldn't go back ...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Service was good. Pheasant wasn't spectacular - tasted like chicken. Poor ambience - very loud. There are better places to dine in Calgary.

Visited June 2013

Edmonton, AB
“Best Seafood in Alberta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We have been to Alloy twice and both times have found they have the freshest and best cooked seafood we have tasted in Alberta! They fly it in fresh and know how to work with their product. Their servers are knowledgable, friendly and attentive and Uri, the owner is warm and welcoming. They made us feel special on both visits and we always look forward to dining there whenever we are in Calgary.

Visited September 2012
Calgary, Canada
“Food is excellent, but VERY small portions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We have been several times, the food is excellent, so if you're on a diet the portion is right. If you are a man you will definitely go away hungry. If they upped their portion sizes to even regular size the place would be great, but they are very small. Service is adequate, the servers have an attitude and will serve you when they get around to it, so you'll have to ask for your water to be refilled, or for bread or for another drink. Parking is good. It's pricey, so be prepared to pay. I typically go because it's close where I live and I don't have the fight the downtown traffic.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Went there for Mother's Day. The pheasant tasted like chicken. Nothing fantastic about this place. If you want to be ripped off it is your business. Service was good anyway.
The lunch chicken rotieserrie at Joey taste better.
Good for locals who never tasted fine dining elsewhere.
$230.00 for four persons two appetizers and two beers with tips came to $270.00
Restaurants in Positano, Italy have better value. Paid 75 euros for two nice fresh seafood for two on May 8/13

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“Alloy - I've heard so much of it every time I come to Calgary that was expecting a bit more ... But was enough to say its great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Its A very nice place that its quite hide, I almost missed it. And I think I need to try it again to say its one of the best restaurants.
Coming in and first applause for the great service from the hostess she took my reservation even thou my silly phone made a mistake with the hour and gave me a great table.
When I came in, the noise surprised me a bit, a cocktail party was going on in one side of the not to big restaurant. So you can hear everything, this time was fine cause I was in Calgary in business travel and my coworker didn't make it, so the noisy environment helped me to feel not so weird. But if I was coming with my husband for a romantic dinner I wouldn't like the noise at all.
FOOD! Really good but mmm i have to try it again. The hummus and olives with pita bread were very good. Maybe if the pita bread was warm I would say excellent.
The roasted tomato soup with cheese was delicious but the croutons on it tasted egg to much.
The main I need to say it gets 5/5stars! The seared scallops and grilled prawns were cooked to perfection and so savory, they were grilled with I believe a sauce or marinade that made the flavor of the prawns to be awesome, all this was sitting in a delicious African pepper coulis. then the fermin chorizo was the crown of the flavor for the saffron risotto that itself was very good.
I was sorry I didn't have space for dessert..
Great wine variety too, I got a Riesling that paired well enough with the great scallops!
Will try it next time I'm in the city for sure for sure! And will make space for dessert.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere