“LOVE!!” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Newbury Spa
720 - 11 Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta T2R 0E3, Canada (Beltline)
403.265.7499
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 58 activities in Calgary
Type: Spas
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Newbury Spa is a premium downtown Calgary Day Spa. Newbury Spa performs a full array of premium spa services: Dermalogica Custom Facials, Registered Massage Therapy; Both Therapeutic and Relaxation massage, Pedicures, Manicures, Detoxifying Body wraps, Hair Removal (waxing)The team of talented Registered Massage Therapists (RMT's) and Certified Aestheticians offer wonderful massage treatments and luxurious skin care in a tranquil environment, stimulating your senses and soothing your soul. The unique Newbury Spa approach, combined with skill and dedication to the craft, provides a truly one-of-a-kind experience, delivered by a dedicated team of professionals, making Newbury Spa a Calgary jewel.
Vancouver, Canada
“LOVE!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I love Newbury Spa – and I am a loyal client. I live in Vancouver and I travel often to Calgary for work and always drop in to Newbury to either enjoy a massage or pedicure – depending on the time of year. I’m in Calgary 4-5 times / year and the Manager says I spa there more than some of the locals. It’s just absolutely the best place in Calgary and I will continue to visit them in future years.
They have a non-pretentious feel in the spa. The Staff are always gracious and polite. The girls are so sweet!
The spa is nicely and simply decorated – calm color scheme – very warm, inviting, and relaxing.
The Management has always gone above and beyond with treating me with great service – they are all genuine and sincere. They have made me feel like I am a part of their community.

Visited February 2013

Airdrie, Alberta, Canada
“Middle of the Road (and i'm a Dude BTW)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My wife booked us a couples massage and pedicure for my Birthday. First impressions...not bad, but the huge pile of shoes under the main desk in the racks was a bit off-putting. After being shown the change rooms (the mens was a bit underwhelming for a spa) we were lead to the lounge. This place needs some work..Dirty furniture, walls with dirt and marks all over them. Water was lukewarm and there were at least some cookies there. Hung out for a bit in my robe which was designed for a smaller man (i'm 6'4 - 240)

Met the RMT's - Very nice girls, massage was fantastic. Zero complaints! - Steam room was nice but the faucet was broken beyond belief

Back to the dirty lounge before the pedicures - Met the esthetician...great girls again!! - She got the ole' belt sander out for my heels and really did a great job hacking down my man nails. BONUS POINTS - My wife commented that "all she needed was a drink to make this perfect" - One of the girls said "would you like one?" and she came back with to glasses of sparkling white wine. Very nice! - Wife pedicure looked great and was much nicer looking than those chemical infested nail brothels around the city she usually goes to.

All done...felt great. Mens change room had some nice skin/shave supplies (my wife said the women's was picked through) shower was budget for a spa.

All said and done....nice afternoon. The staff were fantastic...spa, needs reno (was probably nice when it opened) the services were great (once again...I am a dude)

Visited March 2013
Angela K, Spa Director & Owner at Newbury Spa, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Hello Scott,
Thank you for visiting Newbury Spa in March for your birthday – we enjoyed having you in the Spa. Our Spa Therapists – both Massage Therapists and Aestheticians spoke highly of you and your wife and had a great time pampering you both.

Thank you for your compliments about our Staff – they appreciated hearing the positive feedback. We have a great community of people working at Newbury Spa to ensure that you receive the friendliest service and the premium spa treatments.
I’m glad you enjoyed the amenities such as the complimentary shave supplies we offer in the men’s room. I’m in the locker rooms frequently these days ensuring we have all the right amenities for our clients.

We look forward to celebrating 8 years of business this November 2013. And in the past 7 years, we have shown some wear and tear in our spa – so I appreciate you highlighting them as well. Since reading your review, we have updated and changed some of the spa décor along with a few minor renovations. New seats have been added to the Lounge for your comfort. And the Spa is as clean as a whistle!

I have a special robe waiting for you Scott. My husband is a similar size so I’ll store yours with his until next time.

Thank you again and we look forward to having you in Newbury Spa again.
Kindest Regards,
Angela Kadin
403.836.6220
Ottawa, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Has potential but needs a facelift”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My friends and I went to this spa for massages and body treatments. The location is perfect and the staff were professional. However, the spa itself needs a facelift. Some of the furniture has broken edges, the bathrobes are starting to wear, and the facilities (such as showheads) need repair. The whole place could use a good scrubbing. Walls had water marks (I hope it was water) and shower curtains were stained. Not what you want to see in a spa. For the prices they charge, I expected better. Probably will not be back.

Visited March 2013
“Left me wishing that I had booked elsewhere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Poor customer service and the treatments were just 'ok'. Keep searching ....
The massage was good but very basic and not a spa caliber massage. Staff were quick to dismiss.
It was an average experience and average is most definitely not what you look for when booking your next spa visit.
I would not revisit or recommend.

Calgary, Canada
“Calm, relaxing atmosphere, awesome indulgent services”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Ive been to many spas in Calgary but this was my first time at Newbury. Stepping off busy, cold 11th ave I could not believe the beautiful oasis that was there once I stepped inside Newbury. The girls at the front were friendly and to-the-point, as soon as I took off my shoes the were ready to lead me to the changeroom. This was my favorite room! I kept thinking this is my dream bathroom. It has everything you need, appropriate dim lighting with candles and soft music, beautiful wood furnishings and decor, it really feels like an oasis away from everything. I changed into my very soft robe and waited in the waiting room for my service.

I had a facial first and I can easily say it was the best I have ever received. She was very attentive and careful to make sure I was as comfortable as possible. The service started with a long head-massage, Ive never had a facial start with that and it was easily the most relaxing and amazing way to start off the service. After that I was very relaxed and happy and she went about all the creams and massages. The only uncomfortable point was the extractions of course but I looked after and she took out everything! Even my boyfriend noticed how great my face looked after. She did all the usual layering and scrubbing but what made this so special was she was so fantastic at all the massages in between that it truly was such an amazing experience.

Next I had a pedicure. The room again very nice and relaxing. Amanda was very careful to make sure I was relaxed and the water was always at a perfect temperature for my feet. I was happy to see a good selections of magazines to read while I was getting my pedicure as Im not one for spa chitchat although she was super friendly. Everything was very easy and I really enjoyed how I didn't have to move around for anything. Afterwards I let my feet dry under the foot dryer in the waiting room and enjoyed some cookies and tea. I did not want to leave. What a beautiful oasis from the city.