“Food is good but service could be more friendly” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bobby Chao's Restaurant

Bobby Chao's Restaurant
34 Edgedale Dr. NW, Calgary, Alberta T3G 1X4, Canada (Northwest Calgary)
(587) 351-8358
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,292 of 2,927 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Chinese, Dim Sum, Vietnamese
Neighborhood: Northwest Calgary
Neighborhood: Northwest Calgary
San Francisco, California
“Food is good but service could be more friendly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

In terms of food, we generally order the generic dim sum staple like shrimp, shumai, etc.. and all have tasted great. Congee was also quite good.. I prefer the mushroom with chicken.

Service here has been a hit or a miss... but that doesn't surprise me as it is not a high end asian restaurant. For the most part though, I've gotten used to eating here since I've found that as long as I order my usual pho or vermicelli, then everything is good... and also the dim sum choices I've outlined above. I've also gotten used to not having the waitress pay attention as much.. I just waive my hand and call her, and seems that works! lol...

All in all, for the price and food and the amount of selection in terms of vietnamese/chinese cuisine... I don't mind going here as it's one of the better tasting vietnamese/chinese food I've had in the Northwest despite a bit of a poor service.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

ab
“Worst in Calgary by far”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2009

Food very poorly prepared. Restaurant is very dirty, small, loud and over crowded. Staff will hardly bother to serve you unless you ask! Entry to restaurant is strangest in town...its like walking into a meat locker with terrible plastic curtains. Very worst in town by far!! Save your money!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Dim sum was average. Rice noodles had very little fillings and the sticky rice was flavourless.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2008

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“there was plastic in my...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2007

there was plastic in my food twice

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“A very nice small Chinese restaurant. Price is reasonable. The heavy garlic crab is my favorite dish and I almost have...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2007

A very nice small Chinese restaurant. Price is reasonable. The heavy garlic crab is my favorite dish and I almost have it every time I go there. During weekdays, they also pay for your parking if you park at James Short. Oh, they are not open on Mondays. Don't forget to ask for Chinese menu. If you don't understand Chinese, ask waitress to explain the Chinese menu for you. They have special meal for 2, 4, 6 or more people.