“Great food!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Calgary, Alberta
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I love to eat here. There is often a line up and sometimes the wait is too long. If you do wait, you can have a cold or hot beverage while you are hanging put I like that this cafe is socially conscious, buys local and uses local vendors. This does mean that the prices are on the higher side however the food is always fresh and delicious. They did take my favorite item off the menu which was disappointing, veggie bean burrito. There are vegetarian options and veggie burger is very good. The menu selection is not large but for my husband who leaves beef, this does not seem to matter as he says their beef burger is excellent and always leaves full and happy!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Calgary, Canada
“Home Grown Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I love this place. Lots of restaurants talk the talk but don't walk the walk when it comes to using organic and locally grown foods. These folks do!! Its a small renovated diner - in fact I recall as a teen heading over to the Dairy Lane for a chocolate shake at lunch. Today it serves some of the best Eggs Benny I've ever had. Other breakfast fare is also excellent. Everything on the lunch menu from burgers to grilled cheese are wonderful. Have a food allergy - no worries they will look after you. A word to the wise though.. it's small and has a steady clientele so you might have a wait a bit. I like to get there when the doors open for breakfast or go at the tail end of the lunch rush myself.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Calgary
“Preferred the Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We have been to Dairy Lane Milk Bar two different times, once for breakfast and once for dinner. The restaurant is quite small and very popular so we had to wait on both occasions. I had an omelette that was delicious and my wife had the eggs Benedict and she gave it top marks. The portions were very generous and the service was excellent. For dinner we both had the veggie burger and it was very flavourful and the whole wheat bun was the best that I had ever eaten. I like that all of their food and other supplies comes from the community. Both meals were very good but we did prefer the breakfast to the the rather limited dinner menu.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Canada
“Good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Very tiny place with nice atmosphere. Had the farmer sausage breakfast hash and it was very good. The little grape tomatos were a nice touch to chane up the flavor. The poached eggs were poached just right. The farmers sausage was very tasty. My wife felt that her poached eggs were great but the sausage was dry. Someone had an omelette and the said it was very tasty. The other person had eggs Benedict and felt it was quite good. Would go again.

Visited March 2013
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Pretty nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Nice small place for breakfast or lunch.

The wife and I shared the beef burger - juicy and tasty.

We also had the black bean and corn soup - also tasty, but the serving was a bit skimpy I thought for the larger size that I ordered.

The garlic toast that came with the soup was rather bland - that is, lacking in garlic flavour.

The strawberry milkshake was also disappointing. No real fruit in it, only artificial flavour syrup.
No different than McArches...

Maybe we will stick to the breakfast menu next time.

• Visited April 2013