Spent the weekend at the Days Inn and would not stay there again. Checked in Friday evening.
Front desk clerk seemed a bit rattles so it took a few minutes longer than needed. Called back to the front deck for dining information in the area and found the front desk too busty too talk she requested to call back. 30 minutes passed no call back. We had found the information we needed on the internet.
Saturday morning no HOT water for shower. Staff acknowledge there was a problem and would let manager know about the problem. Went for breakfast and heard a number of guest complaining about the same problem. At breakfast (it was busy) the pastries were still frozen, garbage was over-flowing, ,out of waffle batter and the room was a bit of a mess.Had hot water by around noon.
As mentioned by someone in a review the comforter is to heavy for the room temperature which we couldn't control and the sheet was not enough.
The noise in the halls was loud until about ten and then it was fine.
Sunday had hot water but breakfast was still not very good.
Never saw or heard from a manager during our stay. It appears that there is just the front desk staff to field all comments and deal with any issues that arise. It is very difficult with only one person on duty to handle it all.
Front desk staff were pleasant and tried their best to deal with the problems.
Had a fridge, microwave and nice tv. A channel listing would have been a nice touch.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge Causeway Bay Hotel
- Econo Lodge Causeway Bay Hotel Calgary
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the newly RENOVATED Days Inn Calgary Northwest. We are conveniently located adjacent to Edworthy Park, 15 minutes to downtown and minutes to Canada Olympic Park, Calaway Park, The University of Calgary and McMahon Stadium - home of the Stampeders!You will love our new guest rooms with plush beds, 40" LCD flat screen TV's, fridge and microwave in every room. Our renovated guest bathrooms include some with walk in tile shower and all with 6 function shower heads and granite counter tops.Enjoy complimentary: Deluxe Continental Breakfast, Wi-Fi and parking.Come see for yourself a boutique style home away from home. Our location makes us great for business travellers and families alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Days Inn Hotels, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn Calgary Northwest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.