“Continental over priced” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rimrock Restaurant

Rimrock Restaurant
133 9 Ave SW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada (Downtown)
(403) 262-1234
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rimrock Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #544 of 2,927 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Continental
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 1st ST SW
Transit: Access via Calgary Transit.
Saskatoon, Canada
“Continental over priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband's eggs were fine but the pastries and selection for the continental needs improvement. Plain yogurt was requested each time and received

Visited December 2013

Calgary, Canada
“Great buffet!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We went as a family for a Death By Chocolate and Dinner buffet (Mondays only) for a birthday celebration. The variety was not that great, but the quality of food was exceptional! The Prime Rib carving was delicious and very juicy and moist, and done just nicely (medium or medium rare). There was also crab which was delicious, and various seafood items, meat dishes, etc. I normally don't like buffet salmon because it usually ends up dry, but the salmon was very tasty and juicy. The dessert buffet was just as delicious. As a chocolate fan I loved it, but I had stuffed myself too full with prime rib and crab that I couldn't take much dessert. The chocolate mousse, profiteroles, and chocolate cake were delicious. The dessert items were not overly sweet, which I find tends to happen at a lot of restaurants. The kids enjoyed the chocolate fountain which featured milk chocolate. I would have preferred dark chocolate for the fountain. However overall it was a very delicious dessert and buffet. Given that it was $50 per adult, we will only be able to go for special occasions.

The service was great. Just before we stepped into the restaurant my daughter did not feel well and felt nauseous. The waitress offered Ginger Ale, but as my daughter did not like soft drinks, I asked for ginger tea. The waitress said they could make tea and squeeze fresh ginger in it. I was grateful and the ginger tea was in fact the only thing she had that night, as it turned out she had a stomach bug. They did not even charge for the ginger tea. I was very impressed.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“Rimrock Restaurant was Great.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Ordered the fries and cheese thing. Was different but great. The menu is affordable. The scenery is really nice ( like a lounge/ grill place.) The waiter was loud wouldn't leave us alone.

Visited December 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Famous calgary landmark, should be a classic night”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

And we were quite disappointed with our meal at there main restaurant the rimrock, hot bowl with cool soup of the day..... Microwaved, I hope not. A staple of old classic restaurants, French onion soup, lacked flavour spice zest taste, nothing special and only lukewarm, sorry must be having a bad soup night. Nope, classic steak dishes we all had tenderloin, disappointing mediocre steak night. Service was quick and efficient , simon you did a good job.
Cocktails and music in lounge after, that's a good idea, till the entertainment ( which seemed pretty good for the two songs we heard) shut down at 10 o clock, on Friday night, in downtown ...... You must be kidding, nope not kidding here, just disappointing for what should have been a classic good meal in a classic hotel. Hope the the room and stay I have booked is a better experience. Stay tuned for future updates on the rooms......

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Lacombe, Canada
“Great food but expensive!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

We decided to eat supper and breakfast here while staying at the Fairmont Palliser, where this restaurant is located. They had a special buffet supper with a decadent chocolate dessert bar. If this buffet had been in another restaurant it wouldn't have been $50 per person. The continental buffet had a large selection but, again, pricey at $23 per person. We would never have done this had it not been part of our Christmas splurge.

The food was very good as was the service. But, for the price, I would have liked more hot items for the supper. Breakfast had a large amount of choices though.