“Classy & quiet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Belvedere

The Belvedere
107 8th Ave. S.W., Calgary, Alberta T2P 1B4, Canada (Northwest Calgary)
403-265-9595
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Belvedere is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #463 of 2,927 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Northwest Calgary
Cross street: Center Street
Description: First, unwind in the lounge with a martini and soak in the New York atmosphere. Relax in the custom made furniture as you enjoy the view through the Belvedere's two skylights. Then, ready yourself to be amazed at the magic you'll experience amongst the plush draperies, walnut woodwork and discreet lighting as you dine on a menu that can only be described as true "Haute Cuisine". With a menu that is ever changing you can rest assured the ingredients are always fresh and always of the highest quality. With your palate satiated by the perfect pairing of food and your selection from one of our 750 wines served in Riedel Crystal, you'll experience why Awards and reviews have placed The Belvedere as "The Best Restaurant Overall" in Calgary; routinely in the top ten in Canada and for the past fifteen years by the Wine Spectator Magazine as having one of the top wine lists worldwide and recipient of the "Best of Award of Excellence". "The Belvedere" renowned for its exceptional service and deft handling of its accomplished clientele as it is for the wonderfully wrought food. Allow us to show you what fine dining is all about.
Belleville, Canada
“Classy & quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had lunch with a client here August 2013. Unlike some places downtown you can actually have a conversation, gave me a password for my tablet - fast internet, excellent service and food, not INexpensive.

Nice feature - 3 oz glasses of wine.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Vancouver, Canada
“Good food, Excellent service, Expensive!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a quality restaurant on the interesting Stephen Street in Calgary. Food is in the Alberta tradition - heavy on meat. The surroundings are basic but Calgary tasteful. The waiter was excellent. Go prepared to spend big bucks but get good food. Hostess was kind of grumpy.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Winnipeg, Canada
“This is my favourite Place to go”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I had been on business and asked my clients assistant where would be a good place to head to downtown, may I say I was not disappointed.
We were greeted at the door. The staff was very professional. The wine list - considerable, fully stocked bar from what I could see. Excellent service, excellent parings simply wonderful all around.
I will be back again for business and would also like to come back here soon with my partner.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Big Disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

It had been a few years since we had ventured into the Belvedere. We were expecting it to be high end , classy, etc. Our table of four was the only table in the entire restaurant for the whole time we were there ( from 6.00-9:30 on a Thursday night). I was put off right away when our waiter who looked like he had just finished parking cars with his dusty old belvedere vest brought me a pre dinner glass of wine and it looked like a big short pour. Then throughout the night he didn't fill my glass up as often as the other two people drinking from our bottle. My salad was soggy . The steak was good but sitting on some kind of grain which didn't really go together. The other three people I was with were happy with their food. I think management better update their menu and service if they want more than one table a night.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Very Special Indeed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I went to the Belvedere with a group of friends for a celebration. The staff were attentive from beginning to end, and made this a very special night. The service was professional, prompt and unobtrusive. I had a martini before dinner that was perfectly mixed and balanced. The meal was unhurried, relaxed and absolutely delicious. We combined oysters, escargot, and a charcuterie board for the table and then ordered our own entees. The appetizers were outstanding, as were the mains. If I had one criticism, I ordered a rare steak and it arrived a little overcooked...more medium rare. That being said, it was delicious and the accompaniments were very good. Some of our group had desert and they loved it. There was a good selection of desert offerings. I opted for a decaffeinated coffee which was a little watery. Combining the ambience, excellent service and food, I would recommending this as a fantastic night out for a special occasion, or just for a bit of decadent self-indulgence.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
009Calgary, Owner at The Belvedere, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for the kind words. It is always nice to hear from our guests when they are pleased with thier visit to The Belvedere. We do strive to give each and everyone a ture fine dining experience and look forward to seeing you again.