“I've been to Thailand, what's good, what's bad” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Juree's Thai Place Restaurant

Juree's Thai Place Restaurant
2055 16th Ave NW, Calgary, Alberta T2M 0M3, Canada (Northwest Calgary)
+1 403-264-6477
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #81 of 3,019 Restaurants in Calgary
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Northwest Calgary
Calgary, Alberta
“I've been to Thailand, what's good, what's bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Decor is quite inviting and tropical, I liked it. So enjoyed the staff in traditional Thai dress. Very nice touch, took me back to Thailand. The food came.....presentation is lovely, all those extra touches. The food - the taste was very disappointing. Everything else was there...I was hoping this was it, NOT. Much much better Thai food in Calgary.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

• Thai first
“Very Good but not as authentic as White Elephant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I'm really enjoying some of the new thai restaurants in town. Jurees is close to my place, and is a definite improvement on the old Burger King building it now occupies. The curries are very good, the yellow curry being my favorite. I found the Tom Yum Soup a bit too vinegary, but the spring rolls fresh and tasty. Can't really go wrong with the menu-I've now eaten in and taken out 4 times and it's worth it. However for more authentic flavours, I would still go to the White Elephant Thai.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Calgary
“Juree's Thai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We discovered Juree's after a positive review in the Calgary Herald last year after it was refurbished. It appears that our little secret is out though! You definitely need a reservation now or you will be disappointed. The food is amazing and the service is great. We dine here at least once a month! Tip - order a little extra and take it home with you.

Calgary, Canada
“DeeLicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I went on a whim after reading the very positive reviews on TA. We weren't disappointed! We hadn't been to the previous location - or even knew it had existed - but we loved how they've turned this Burger King in to a Thai oasis. Kitsch but cute. But more importantly, the veggie spring rolls, green curry tofu and vegetables, seasonal stir fried veggies and Pad Thai were all excellent. The service was sweet and friendly. We would go back in a hurry!

Calgary, Canada
“Superb Thai Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We visited on the advice of a colleague. The lunch buffet is superb. Beautifully prepared range of curries, sweet and sour, plus excellent spring rolls. Only $12.95 per head. Convenient location on 16th Ave. The outside of the building looks like an old McD, but the interior is replete with Thai ephemera that creates a welcoming atmosphere. The staff enhance the hospitable ambiance with their unfailing courtesy, attention to diners and pride in their work.