“Local favorite...I can see why!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Salt & Pepper

Salt & Pepper
4351 Macleod Trail S, Calgary, Alberta, Canada (Alyth - Bonnybrook - Manchester)
403-243-3173
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,249 of 2,927 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Alyth - Bonnybrook - Manchester
Edmonton, Canada
“Local favorite...I can see why!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

The Aztec soup, salsa con queso, house salad and chicken main with Mole sauce was outstanding! Would highly recommend!

Calgary, AB
“For a Restaurant called Salt & Pepper, they sure don't use spices...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My Husband and I made a reservation to use a "coupon" at this location in Calgary. The last time I had lunch about 10 years ago and loved the corn chowder. I was looking forward to a wonderful Mexican meal. We started with the salsa and chips and ordered the Platter meal for two. My husband found the salsa to be a bit hot, but I enjoyed the pickled Jalapenos (except for the ones with the stems still attached). Our main platter arrived and looks wise ... not so bad. Everything was divided up for easy sharing. Then we started eating... it was so disappointing. There was no flavor to anything except one selection which had "pepper heat". We expected freshness and variety as good Mexican food will provide. No lime, no cilantro, no cumin, no salt or pepper...... it was hard to identify one "dish" from another.... We didn't even try desert after such a disappointment. Do yourself a favor.... if you want a good Mexican meal avoid this restaurant!

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Can you say "downhill?"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Used to like this restaurant, raved about it to relatives, but it let me down. I think they used to give you free chips and salsa - now it's $6 or so. The Mexican food is far from authentic, and even farther from good. Honestly, a bit of an embarrassment and I won't be rushing back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Banff, Canada
“So sad...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We went to this restaurant because of all the reviews and the food wasn't that bad, but the Service was awful, this waiter Daniel was really bad, and not just with us, he was rude and he couldn't care less about the people who was serving.

I hope this guys do something about it..

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Stay away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We used to frequent this restaurant all of the time before it became Salt & Pepper ( Inglewood location). The deck is great. However, one of the waiters was a condescening, jerk. We waited 50 minutes for nachos! and sent them back. They were soggy and stale with mole sauce drenched all over them. Awful! Save your money. Trust me.

• Visited August 2013