“Very NiceRestaurant” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rouge

Rouge
1240 Eighth Ave. SE, Calgary, Alberta T2G 0M7, Canada (Inglewood)
403 531-2767
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rouge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 2,891 restaurants in Calgary
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Inglewood
Cross street: 12th Street
Transit: Ample free parking.
Blythewood, South Carolina
“Very NiceRestaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Ate here just after Halibut came "in" for the season. The halibut was not as good as Oceana but the service, aminities and ambiance were excellent.

Would certainly try Rouge again for a quiet evening meal.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
Calgary, Canada
“Inglewood prime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We live in Ramsay, about four blocks from rouge. It is our go to for a nice night out. The last time we went we did the tasting menu, which was creative and excellent.
The place: beautiful historic home in Calgary, and yes historic is not that old in Calgary. A great spot non the less with plenty of charm. Tables are widely spaced, and the service is fantastic. For example, the second to last time we went to Rouge the server changed out the bottle of wine because it was slightly corked, which is not all that strange, but I had tried the wine, and I could not tell. After the server opened a new bottle he let me compare the wines both corked and uncorked, and sure enough the first bottle was not right.
The food: we typically do the tasting menu, which is usually focused on the season or holiday at hand. The portions are what you'd expect from a fine dining restaurant, but they always tend to be somewhat inventive, which I like.

Visited October 2012
Banff, Canada
“Did they pair the food to the wine?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Perfectly scrumptious tastings by the chef that complemented the wine as much as the wine drew out even more flavour from the foods.

All the starter and dinner courses were amazing, though I found the desserts lacking a tad (the homemade icecream was perfect though!) and the coffee was not as high quality as one would expect from a $210/ person meal. This definitely is a special treat go-to, or if someone says "Pick anywhere" - THE place to pick.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Average at Best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Came in during a busy night and ordered the tasting menu with wine pairing and both complimented each other well. The food was outstanding and I tried things I had never even heard of before which was a great treat for me. Other then the food and wine the service was what turned our night off. Our glasses would be poured and it would take about 10 minuets to receive the paired food course. Our server was a little rude and acted like he had somewhere better to be. All in all we might be back just hopefully not in their section.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best food in Cowtown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I have to start off by saying this is the best meal I've had in my two years in Calgary. It was also the most expensive meal I have had in my two years in Calgary. If you come out, expect to pay between 100-200 each for dinner and drinks. The service was excellent and the atmosphere was great, would love to come back in the summer when the garden is in full swing.

• Visited April 2013