“Good food, humble restaurant, cool owner” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Brezza Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 3,019 Restaurants in Calgary
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1st Ave & 9th St NE
Transit: Bus #9 stops next to our restaurant. C-Train, Bridgeland/Memorial
Description: La Brezza, meaning ocean breeze, is considered to be one of Calgary's finest Italian restaurants. Opened in 1987 and still in its original location - once the owners house, La Brezza continues to offer an elegantly simple Italian cuisine, emphasizing traditional home-cooked goodness. You can enjoy a satisfying lunch and dinner menu with daily specials and you can even indulge on Sundays as we are one of the few local restaurants open 7 days a week. We pride ourselves in offering great food, great service, and a warm, relaxed atmosphere. See you soon!
Calgary, Canada
“Good food, humble restaurant, cool owner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

There's nothing I love more than an owner of a restaurant who actually comes out to greet people. He's definitely an Italian type guy! Some people might not be used to that but I though he was great. The gentleman taking our order seemed to know the menu quite well and was great to talk to. I went here a couple weeks ago with some friends and we all had different pastas (i had the seafood one as recommended here by some people here on TA) and it was really really good. I like that this place has stayed true to its origins, and as I said, I really like it when I can actually meet the owner of a place, it makes me feel like more than just another customer. I'll try to go back when I can, but I really love this place!

Vancouver, Canada
“Gross - Makes me wonder about Tripadvisor!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Went to La Brezza a couple of weeks ago, based on the Tripadvisor and Google reviews. I was shocked. First, the ambiance/decor is horrible, as is the service. Although it was only 7pm, half the menu items/ingredients were "sold out", so I ordered the veal parmigiana, which is usually a safe dish. It was disgusting - sinewy and tasted of egg. My soup starter (a watery straciatella) was equally disappointing. Stay away!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Great Atmosphere. Great Food. Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

This was my first time at this restaurant. Super cozy and warm. Great selection of food and wine and the owner is awesome! Make sure you check it out if you're feeling some good eats :)

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Awesome Food, Service and Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Went here for our second year anniversary and had a great meal and had excellent service. I came here about 15 years ago and I remember it being awesome then. Pouring through tripadvisor I stumbled across La Brezza and decided to return. I did not regret my decision to return but I regret my decision that it took 15 years. I will be returning A LOT sooner. Thank you to Marco (the owner) and his wonderful staff for a delightful evening.

Vernon, Canada
“Still flawless after 27 years, affordable, simple home made Italian cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Came here 27 years ago within the first weeks of it's opening and was very impressed then. Made a few visits over the years then moved away.
Was pleasantly surprised it was still in the same old house Marco and family started off in.
Same home made delicious Italian cuisine.
Took a friend there for her birthday and we had:
Jumbo Prawns in a Garlic white wine and Lemon sauce.
Caesar Salad
Fettuccini Alla Brezza
Linguini Mediterranean
Fettuccini Alla Carbonara
Zabaglione and Crème Brule for desserts.
As always the food was large portions and full of flavour...
Marco even showed up at closing time and had a bday shot with our friend.
Will always return and tell as many people as I can in my travels.
Was great seeing you again Marco.
Be well