“Very good, but...” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #149 of 2,927 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Canadian, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: An original that defines what's great about originals. Lounge, dining room, and a patio in summer, right outside Eau Claire Market in downtown Calgary.
Winnipeg, Canada
“Very good, but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Generally, this is a very good restaurant, but I find that attention to detail always seems to prevent it from getting that extra star to bump it to "excellent". The food itself is generally excellent, and I find the companies effort to reach out to the vegetarian and gluten-free community by making special menus for them fabulous and they should be commended for that. I ordered the "beach salad" off the vegetarian menu which is supposed to come with soy chicken strips, rather than real chicken strips. My salad came with out any strips. When I asked, the waitress said she would get me some but they never came and i just ate my salad as i was hungry and the rest of my table of 6 was eating. All of the food was very good. Then when it was time to pay, we all had separate bills and all of had things from each others bills put on others bills, so it took over 20 minutes to sort it all out. This really reduced the pleasure of eating there. prices are quite expensive too. They have a very nice patio.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Good food.......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Tried here for the first Time, my Husband did enjoy his Striploin, although he had hoped for some type of Potatoe and received a Spring roll filled with mash potatoe, (different) I had the Chicken Cesar salad, the Chicken was very tasty, but the salad left a lot to be desired....... No Bacon bits, not enough garlic Flavor and drowned in dressing. Service was good and very accommodating. I would give it another try, thinking they have potential to deliver. We shall see.

Visited May 2013
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Well I totally love it there, the outdoor seating is amazing, and to top off this hot day I had the "summer salad" it was SO GOOD! I always have my dressing on the side, and I rarely ever use alot of dressing but this dressing was totally delicious, I almost used all of it ! The service was so friendly. I recommend this place it's always consistent it never disappoints. Love it !!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phuket, Thailand
“Typical Calgary Average Food at High Prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Well the food is okay, not great, it's another overrated Calgary place that serves average food at high prices.

Visited May 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

How many restaurants have you been to where they give you a free glass of wine while waiting for a table to be cleared? Joey's actually did this! They also offered a tasting of an appetizer they were promoting, were incredibly friendly and genuine in making sure the dining experience was a pleasant one.
Atmosphere is great although a bit noisy for a business conversation. Food is fine, it will not make you forget your favourite foody restaurant, but all in all, great value.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere