“It's a Hooters; no more, no less” 3 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hooters
2730 - 23 St NE, Calgary, Alberta, Canada (Northeast Calgary)
403-264-4668
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,572 of 2,927 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Northeast Calgary
Neighborhood: Northeast Calgary
Alberta, Canada
“It's a Hooters; no more, no less”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

First, and probably last time in a Hooters. I have often walked by them, but never gone in. I tried this place in the afternoon, and it was, predictably almost deserted. One guy nursing a beer and chatting with the statuesque cashier; a couple of guys ogling a well-endowed waitress near the windows. I had the freakie brownie with a scoop of ice cream. Probably 2,000 calories. I did not need supper that day! For people (males, exclusively?) who like food full of fat, sugar, and salt, served by waitresses who smile excessively (until they get their tip), dressed in hot pants and skimpy t-shirts, this might be their cup of tea. Me? I'm glad I gave it a try, but, like zip-lining, I don't need to repeat the experience.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Savannah, Georgia
“What was that?????”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I live in the states and even though the food is not amazing at Hooters the atmosphere makes up for it most of the time. NOT here. First of all, they had a male bartender.............. enough said, I shouldn't need to continue on. Bad food, unattractive women and male bartenders just made this place a dissapointment.

Visited April 2013
Quebec City, Canada
“Food is not the main criteria there anyway!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

We often enjoy going to Hooters when travelling on business. It is a different place and great location to watch a hockey game with a cold beer and chicken wings, quesadilla, etc... all this with nice, sexy and smiling waitresses dressed as we like :-)

Prices are a bit high for the food quality and most items on the menu are deep fried! Good beer though!

Visited February 2012
Prince Albert, Canada
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

As usual Hooters delivers, The restaurant was great, lots of parking, took a busload of 15 people and we were all looked after fast and with great attitude. The meal was great and the servers were all very pleasant. We had places to go and we were in and out very quickly. If you like Hooters this is a great one!

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kindersley, Canada
“Horrible service, food!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

I recently visited your restaurant at 2730 23rd Street NE Calgary, Alberta on Oct 17, 2010. I went there with my friends and we were expecting good service and food. First of all, the waitress didn’t come take our order for approx 5 min after we had arrived to see if we wanted anything to drink. We then ordered our meals; my brother and I shared the Buffalo platter for $16. My friend had asked the waitress how large of a portion the Jalapeño chilli fries were ($8), and she said they were a really large portion, which was not the case when the meal came, it was a size that should have came with an entrée.

On the menu the platter said “order one for the table”, well there were 4 of us there and if the four of us were to have shared that for a meal or even an appetizer we would have gotten 1.25 of each piece on the platter. Our waitress never came and asked how things were until we were almost finished. My friend said that his was disappointing and I said ours was awful. She turned around and as she walked away without saying anything she turned her head at my friend and gave him a ugly look. When we were ready to leave and pay the waitress was visiting with another table. At this point we never received our bills and she asked if we wanted to pay, I had said no I do not want to pay I am extremely disappointed. When I went to pay I said to her that this was a waste of money and that the meal was not worth $16, and she said “sorry” in a sarcastic uncaring way. I said it’s not your fault you weren’t the one who put the food on the plate but I will never eat here ever again the food was awful and the service was absolutely awful and will never eat at another Hooters again.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere