“Great food and great presentation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hana Sushi

Hana Sushi
1803 4th St., Calgary, Alberta, Canada (Northeast Calgary)
403-229-1499
Improve this listing
Ranked #373 of 2,927 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Northeast Calgary
Calgary
“Great food and great presentation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

The food was amazing and I loved the presentation. Parking was a little bit of a issue but if you hit it at the right time you are golden. I would eat here any time!

Calgary, Canada
“ONE OF THE BEST SUSHI IN CALGARY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

I went to hana sushi the other day with friends. Everything is nice, the taste of sushi, the dinning atmosphere and service. I have been eating sushi for a long time and have been to hana sushi for quite many times. It has not let me down each time I ate there. The food quality and service are very consistent. After reading the reviews on this website and like one person has said, I do not if some people are eating at the same hana sushi or not. I just know my friends and me like it a lot. Hana sushi will be on the top of our list to go for sushi.

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Absolutely fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I don't really understand what the other reviewers are complaining about. I am a regular at Hana Sushi, and everytime I am instantly greeted with friendly welcomes and nods from chefs and waitresses. The sushi and sashimi (raw fish) consistently taste fabulous, and takes the appropriate amount of time to arrive at my table. The waitresses are always so attentive and considerate, even taking the time to ask my friends and I if we prefer to have appetizers before our sushi and rolls arrive.
Overall, Hana Sushi is an amazing place to bring friends, family, coworkers...

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Are you people eating at the same place as I did ??”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

I dont know what everyone else is talking about but I have been to over 400 sushi rest. all over Canada and this place is WELL worth 5 stars. The portion sizes, quality and value is beyond most sushi places in Calgary. I highly recommend it.

Visited January 2011
Vancouver
“There are so many other places...there is no need to go here...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

I recently met up with a couple friends to try Hana, as we usually go elsewhere, just to try a change. Well... we have decided that we won't go back (or why this place was not normally on our sushi radar) as the service was slow and we didn't feel like we were wanted at the restaurant since we seemed to be rushed out the moment our food finally made it to the table (the check came with our last dish).
We weren't even sure we could call this place traditional Japanese sushi as the decor in the place was not. It was like old bad hotel furniture in a deli type fashion. There wasn't much of they did on that part at all.
We ordered some edamame, gyoza, tempura, and simple rolls (they dont do much of the fancy stuff like the nicer sushi joints) - negitoro, tekka, and salmon rolls. The rice was mushy for the rolls.. and that is always an indicator for me and my friends as to how the quality is. And the edamame and gyoza were served lukewarm (I prefer my hot food hot!!). Call me picky.... but I won't be going back there anytime soon. There are so many other places to go in Calgary and I only say there is value for the money because we obviously got what we paid for.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere