“Very Good Private Area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Earls Calgary Westhills

Earls Calgary Westhills
140 Stewart Green Rd S.W., Calgary, Alberta T3H 3C8, Canada (Southwest Calgary)
403-246-7171
Improve this listing
Ranked #756 of 3,019 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Continental
Neighborhood: Southwest Calgary
Neighborhood: Southwest Calgary
“Very Good Private Area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We have had the opportunity to eat at Earl's in Westhills quite often on business. As such they generally closed off the area in the back of the lounge allowing for a better atmosphere for our group, service is always very attentive when you rent out like this and the appetizer trays are always hot and fresh.

I love the Hunan Kung Pao and they always give me a bowl full of Hunan chili peppers as I love to have one per bite. As a franchise Earls generally will provide you with consistent food in a casual dining environment. Some locations can get very busy and noisy but I never found that about this location.

• Visited October 2012

Canada
“Nice family dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We dined at Earls on a Saturday night. Family of 4, mom, dad and 2 boys age 10 along with grandparents. Grandparents arrived a bit early to get a table and by the time we walked in there was a huge lineup. Get there early (5:00pm) if you don't want to wait. Restaurant was clean and well kept. The service was great. There was a "restaurant magician" that came to our table and quiet frankly, he made the evening!!! Food was ok. The ahi tuna nachos were delicious. I got a steak as did my father in law and it was cooked perfectly but bland. Veggies were on the crunchy side. My boys were happy with their meal. My husband ordered a chicken and rib combo and he LOVED it! I tried his pototoes and coleslaw and both were exceptional. I'd order that the next time! Overall a decent place for a family meal.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lochwinnoch, United Kingdom
“Waiting staff made the difference”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

If your in Calgary and enjoy ribs then check out Earls for a ribs feast. Visiting the city for the 8th occasion and always try to fit in a visit to Earls. What made this visit different was quality of service. Earls normally are on the ball with customer service but our waiter( Reece) made the visit for us. Genuinely attentive staff member with excellent manners and outgoing personality and a credit to the restaurant. Other restaurants would do well to hire this guy to set a benchmark for others....Oh and the ribs were up to the usual excellent standard.

Calgary, Canada
“BIGGEST. BADDEST. SOGGY BURHER. NOT WHAT I WOULD CALL SIGNATURE...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Went to Earls at Westhill on June 1, 2012. We ordered entrees only. When burgers came, my fries were cold and the bigger better burger was a bigger BAD burger at $16.00. The bun was soggy, soaked in grease and the layering of the condiments produced a burger that fell apart when trying to hold. I complained and Earls took it off the bill, but the damage was done. By the way the food was served, I saw no pride of service or quality control. Lots of Earls in town. Most are hit and miss. This place was a big miss. Next time I want a burger I'll go to Macdonalds. At least there my burger will be made to order, the bun will be fresh and the fries hot.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Westhills Earls - Overpriced on all counts”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Our first impression of the Westhills Earls was not good. The hostess sat us right behind her and the noisy entrance, when there were plenty of empty tables further away from the breezy front entrance. My friend asked to be moved so they accommodated. Every item on the menu is over priced, $15 - $30 for entrees. Our food was good, our friends really enjoyed theirs. My husband had a rib combo and he said they were really good. I had the Bronx Burger and it was very good as well. My husband ordered the Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup for dessert at a whopping $8. To say it was disappointing is an understatement. It was a small amount of chocolate pudding with a dollop of peanut butter something and a couple of pieces of sponge toffee on top. The pudding was absolutely awful, tasting no better than what you would get in a hospital cafeteria! That along with the high priced menu was enough for us to remove Earls in general, from our list of places to spend our hard-earned money!

• Visited May 2012