“Not worth the price” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Chicago Chophouse

Chicago Chophouse
604 8th Ave SW, Calgary, Alberta T2P 1G5, Canada (Downtown)
403-265-3000
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Chicago Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,111 of 2,769 Restaurants in Calgary
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 5th street
“Not worth the price”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

Overall quite disappointing. Overpriced for the quality and the steaks were not very good. Definitely would not recommend. Please avoid.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Mackay, Australia
“Fantastic meal & service, but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

We had great steak here, and service was fantastic. Just felt that everything was a little overpriced. Cheapest bottle of wine we could find was $45 (but we ordered a $60). Seemed very quiet - perhaps price is too much? They do take pride in the quality of their steak, but my favorite steakhouse in Australia provides a similar product for half the price. Worth a look - decor is fantastic.

Alberta
“FROZEN Chicken”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I went here yesterday for a work lunch and wasn't very impressed at all. There was about 11 of us so I can understand that contributes to somethings taking a little longer but when it took almost 30 mins for us to get our drinks, that's a lil much. When our food came I had high hopes. This is a poshy restaurant and pretty pricey so I expected good food. I ordered the Chicago Club Sandwich, which says that there's roasted chicken on it, and the side of lobster mac n cheese. The mac n cheese was GREAT!! A small side but still it was good. HOWEVER, when I took the first bite of my sandwich I was a little taken back. My "roasted" chicken was frozen solid. I could tell it was starting to defrost as it was starting to become mushy. I was so turned off from the rest of the sandwich and by the time the waiter finally came by to see how we were doing, I didn't want to order anything else as everyone else was already done eating. But you know I got dessert, the lindt cake... it was ok but probably not worth the $9. A co-worker had the apple crisp and that was great!!! I had heard really good things about this place but was nothing but disappointed when I left. Based on my bad experience... I won't be back here

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Great and not only meat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

We had a good dinner here, marbled steak for my mate, and I actually went for the seafood side of the menu. The meal was superb, we highly enjoyed it. We will go back and try more things since they do have quite an extensive menu.

The only thing we hated were the washrooms, because we had to go two stories down to get to them, very unconfortable.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent steak, but a pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

On of the best steaks that I have had for a long time. Cooked exactly as requested and extremely tender. The only concern with this restaurant is the cost of the meal. With wine, appetizers, main course, and tip, you could easy spend over $125 per person.

Visited February 2012