“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Calgary Historic Bed and Breakfast at Twin Gables

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calgary
Calgary Historic Bed and Breakfast at Twin Gables
You added Calgary Historic Bed and Breakfast at Twin Gables to your Saves list
611-25 Avenue Southwest, Calgary, Alberta T2S 0L7, Canada (Southwest Calgary)   |
Ranked #9 of 52 Calgary B&B and Inns
Lethbridge, Canada
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010

I have stayed nearly 50 times in this fabulous B&B. Henry and Deirdre are awesome hosts, and I leave feeling spoiled every time. Most of my stays have been on business (I am currently President of the Law Society of Alberta) but my wife and I have returned to stay just for fun and to see a concert (Van Morrison). We have even sent some of our office staff to Calgary to stay, just for a super special treat!

The location is awesome, its easy to get to and to get downtown. The breakfasts are superb and Deirdre always asks me what I prefer to have. The value is really there, and when I compare the cost of parking, breakfast, internet, it costs not much more than a middle of the road hotel in the beltline. If I compare the cost of getting equally pampered (a major downtown hotel suite) its a bargain.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

This is now my second time staying at Twin Gables (8 days total between two trips), and it definitely won't be my last. Typically, as a business traveler I'd resort to a hotel chain where I could collect my points...however, this B&B is such a gem, I'd much rather forgo the points and stay somewhere where I know I'll feel at home. The breakfasts are spectacular, the rooms are quite spacious (especially the executive suite), and it's very quiet for being so close to Centre City Calgary (5-10 minute drive into the Downtown Core). There's even plenty of quality restaurants for lunch/dinner within walking distance. It's become one of my favorite places to stay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Edmonton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

Although this is a very interesting and well preserved historical house, I feel the rate is too high. I expected something higher end. Our room was comfortable, though, and the service good. The host obviously enjoys talking to the guests, perhaps a little too much. Having stayed in B & Bs many times (in Britain and North America), I am used to having some choice in my breakfast items, but here we were told what would be on the menu. The food was good, but I would have preferred to have a selection of toppings that I chose myself; instead my waffle arrived already dressed with a great deal of maple syrup, bananas and yogurt. During breakfast, the host had their TV on in the adjoining room, this was a bit distracting and noisy. I'm also not a big fan of taxidermy, which was used for decor on the main floor. I don't think I'll be staying here again, although others might enjoy it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

This was my wife and my first trip to Canada. We always try and stay in B&Bs when possible, and we were very pleased with our selection here. Our room was very comfortable and well decorated. The neighborhood is very quiet and pleasant, and we found a number of great restaurants within walking distance.
Our hosts serve a wonderful breakfast, and did everything to make our stay a comfortable and memorable one.
We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

We stayed for 2 nights in this wonderful old house with fascinating rooms. We chose the excecutive suit which was superb in every detail from the roll top bath to the sun lounge. Deidre the hostess is a really nice chatty lady who makes you feel at home straight away and loves to show off her house. The "olde world" charm of this house is amazing in every detail. A few minutes walk and you have a great choice of restraunts and bars. Highly recommended !!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

last aug.28,2010 my husband took me to twin gables. it was my first time to experience b&b, and it was great, what a historic place and wonderful hosts.we stayed in the smallest room but cute. it was so quite. the breakfast was good and we enjoyed the short chat with other guests. thank you so much henry & deirdrie

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

My sister and I just returned from a trip to Canada in which we stayed here while in Calgary. Dierdre and Henry were wonderful hosts. Our room was quite spectacular—top floor room with two queen beds, plenty of room, wonderful view of the city, cable tv, refrigerator, and a nice bathroom. The breakfasts were delicious. It was about 1/2 hour walk to the Calgary Tower, in a safe area, and with plenty of restaurants in the neighborhood. There is a grocery store one block away. We highly recommend this place. Definitely will stay here again when in Calgary.

• Stayed August 2010

Been to Calgary Historic Bed and Breakfast at Twin Gables? Share your experiences!